ADVERTISEMENT

Rustin home game moved to Unionville due to neighbor lights and noise complaints

ChesmontLeague1

Jul 26, 2012
Fridays home game against Kennett moved to Unionville due to neighbor complaints of lighting and noise. This is a bad precedent but let’s face it West Chester school district who are the same f ups who screwed the rest of Chesmont demanding immediate restructuring of the league. Screwing all the other schools like Unionville, Great Valley and Oxford to name a few. It’s a pathetic world we live in when neighbors can’t handle 5 football home games keeping the kids in a safer environment and the community in a better place. Let me guess ... Biff and Muffy have to wait an additional 3 minutes to pull the Benz out on Shiloh and 926 in Westtown Twp.

The same BS happened over at CB East.. they build a nice stadium with lights.. the neighbors complained so they have day games... one of my best memories of high school is games on Friday night..

why do they actually have to give up the home game? Cant they move it to Saturday? Will this be the scenario for every friday home game"?

Bunch of wusses! What's next, confiscate my Sig and HK? Disturbing they caved to these elitists. But that's what happens with people in positions of power/influence without a spine or a pair.

Last edited:
The same BS happened over at CB East.. they build a nice stadium with lights.. the neighbors complained so they have day games... one of my best memories of high school is games on Friday night..
I thought it had something to due with farmer who gave them permission to use some of his land...Could be wrong but was always told that, hated playing those Sat morning games and running track the opposite direction there.

There was a money grab trying to take place in Springfield Delco when they wanted to add lights in 2006.
The township, to their credit, held firm and did not cave. After months and months of meetings, legal problems it all cam down to money. Two neighbors just wanted some cash to shut up and go away.
It cost the township much more to fight them, but they did. I'm proud of all the people who stand up to that type of person.
Shame it cost more but right is right and sometimes being right cost a great deal more than money.
Could be the same thing in West Chester. Who knows?

There was a money grab trying to take place in Springfield Delco when they wanted to add lights in 2006.
The township, to their credit, held firm and did not cave. After months and months of meetings, legal problems it all cam down to money. Two neighbors just wanted some cash to shut up and go away.
It cost the township much more to fight them, but they did. I'm proud of all the people who stand up to that type of person.
Shame it cost more but right is right and sometimes being right cost a great deal more than money.
Could be the same thing in West Chester. Who knows?
Thanks for sharing but I hope it doesn’t come to that. They’ve played night games for years and were approved to do it.

I believe someone had challenged the ordinance which only allows 20 night games for all of Rustin's sports. West Chester School district is trying to increase it to 30 for Rustin to mirror East and Henderson. No one has challenged it in previous years. It could have been from the development that WCASD recently sold 50 acres to for 5 million dollars. Moving the game to a Saturday is not an option for the opposing team which will shorten their preparation for the next game.

If Rustin played at home would they have been on the winning end of that 12-7 loss to Kennett? Hard to believe Kennett beat Rustin... is that the first time the Blue Demons beat the Golden Knights?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT