ADVERTISEMENT

Rumor Mill

green_beans

Sep 9, 2015
Rumor has it… NP has two new students from a private school in Fort Washington that happen to play a fall sport – if this is true is a push for a district title is eminent – if this is true can they play this fall? what about starters who have worked all year? Will high maintenance dads take over the program? What would Abby lee do?

All these questions and more to follow on the next episode of football dads

The WR/DB is confirmed, what position is the second player? They can play asap.

Second player a RB. Hear these two kids are studs. Any school going to look into this and potentially block this move. That's possibly 4 transfers in last year at NP. Two Qb's in one week last year, with one of them transferring back to his prior school at Norristown in August just before school. Out of hand....craaazyy.

I heard RB/DB also with Ivy like grades...wow.. I was hoping I heard wrong..hence the tong and cheek in my original post.. as a fan of NP football… my question is have we become “them”.. in the past I have openly bashed schools for open enrollment – open boarders whatever you want to call it..not sure who loses here the kids, the fans, the school, the community, at what point does the PIAA say enough is enough..

Let your tax dollars follow your children to any school - open enrollment to any school public, private, parochial or charter with 30 miles of your residence ... Competition would work on all levels.

roxy.. I actually like your idea... spending per student in NP school district is about $14,900 per student, per year, if schools worried about losing that type of money per student they would be forced to focus on increasing academic standards or lose the core of their students and the sports transfers would take care of themselves

Since this is a transfer from private to public there is not much anyone can do-especially if NPenn was their home district all along. Now if they just moved into the NPenn district just before transferring-it can get a little dicey. However, if the original school signs off on the transfer-regardless of the circumstances-its pretty much a done deal.

Not sure, but I believe he has transferred once already. I know I might not be living in the real world but whatever happened to loyalty. Does the kid who has been a NP kid, who has attended workouts, 7/7's , lifting, speed camp, trivia night, challenger, community fund raiser , prior starter not deserve to keep his spot, to not be ousted by a transfer , someone who has not lifted, worked out, sweated with this team,no matter how damn good he is. Doesn't that NP kid deserve something. Who is going to lose a spot, lose reps, how does that kid feel if they win a district title and he is now a bit player. He now takes no pride in achieving this goal, his contribution has been diminished. Sad, because this really is just HS football.

Reactions: IronMarshal
I have heard that the one kid is transferring in but has lived in the NP district all along. He is a stud WR/DB. Big time player from what I have heard. I do not know about the other transferring in but he too would be a resident in the district already. I know their names but will not disclose yet. Some may remember I posted a little while back about a few studs that are from the NP district that if they stayed home would make NP a clear title favorite.

I have heard that the one kid is transferring in but has lived in the NP district all along. He is a stud WR/DB. Big time player from what I have heard. I do not know about the other transferring in but he too would be a resident in the district already. I know their names but will not disclose yet. Some may remember I posted a little while back about a few studs that are from the NP district that if they stayed home would make NP a clear title favorite.

Are you talking State Title favorite? Hard to believe they would be the favorite over SJP. Regardless of who stays home.

Are you talking State Title favorite? Hard to believe they would be the favorite over SJP. Regardless of who stays home.
Yes...St Joe's Prep stud QB is also from NP. You would have this receiver, the RB from GA and McCray, the QB from St Joe's. Certainly would change the outlook.

Yes...St Joe's Prep stud QB is also from NP. You would have this receiver, the RB from GA and McCray, the QB from St Joe's. Certainly would change the outlook.
McCray is from Lansdale, not "NP." Some might think there's no difference, but there certainly is.

McCray is from Lansdale, not "NP." Some might think there's no difference, but there certainly is.
McCray went to middle school at Penndale for 3 years in the North Penn School District. I would consider that NP.

NP is fine at QB. Who is the RB from GA? Don't recall a standout for them at that position.

McCray went to middle school at Penndale for 3 years in the North Penn School District. I would consider that NP.

And their current QB, a very good player, spent years in another SD not NP's. The world we live in. Not a huge deal. It's America. Really no need to get caught up in who is from where.

I know that he went to a middle school in the district. What I'm getting at is a view that kids from a particular area in some way belong to the public school district for that area. Maybe I'm reading more into your initial comment than you intended, but sometimes people who are fans of particular suburban public schools seem to think that student-athletes who aren't at the local public school really should be at that school and that it's somehow wrong for them to go elsewhere.

I know that he went to a middle school in the district. What I'm getting at is a view that kids from a particular area in some way belong to the public school district for that area. Maybe I'm reading more into your initial comment than you intended, but sometimes people who are fans of particular suburban public schools seem to think that student-athletes who aren't at the local public school really should be at that school and that it's somehow wrong for them to go elsewhere.
My point was that a number of kids who grew up living in the district and played middle school ball in the district went to private high schools elsewhere. Had those kids stayed in the district and played for NP, NP would be even stronger. Udinski moved into the NP district whereas the local kids at private schools still live in the district and played with kids on NP growing up but travel to high schools elsewhere. If those local kids did not choose to play elsewhere they would have remained in the NP district and therefore would be playing for NP. It's more of a what if scenario because I knew there were a number of talented athletes from within the Lansdale are that were playing at other schools.

My point was that a number of kids who grew up living in the district and played middle school ball in the district went to private high schools elsewhere. Had those kids stayed in the district and played for NP, NP would be even stronger. Udinski moved into the NP district whereas the local kids at private schools still live in the district and played with kids on NP growing up but travel to high schools elsewhere. If those local kids did not choose to play elsewhere they would have remained in the NP district and therefore would be playing for NP. It's more of a what if scenario because I knew there were a number of talented athletes from within the Lansdale are that were playing at other schools.
Thanks. I understand your point. What I read into your earlier comment was a kind of complaint that McCray is at SJP and not NP, but I take it you're really just saying "Just imagine if ..."

One of the big changes in recent years seems to be how much at least some of the Interacs seem to be aggressively recruiting in areas, e.g. most of Bucks Co., where they used to get very few students. The picture keeps changing.

Thanks. I understand your point. What I read into your earlier comment was a kind of complaint that McCray is at SJP and not NP, but I take it you're really just saying "Just imagine if ..."

One of the big changes in recent years seems to be how much at least some of the Interacs seem to be aggressively recruiting in areas, e.g. most of Bucks Co., where they used to get very few students. The picture keeps changing.
Yeah that's my point. Of course as a North Penn fan it frustrates me to see these terrific players elsewhere. I have heard it is Jon Haynes. He is a sophomore receiver and was second team all Inter-AC last year as a freshman.

I believe the 2nd kid is not.. more of a mis-communication...

I'm guessing that if the 1st kid is transferring, as coverandmove said earlier.. someone who worked with the program all year(s) will lose their spot...

Also I bet GA isn't that happy... I don't know if they offered any type of tuition discount for the kid to attend.. but if they did they just saw their investment get washed down the drain

Maybe I’m throwing a little gas on the fire here.. but the other side of the transfer question is.. let’s say the Prep, Woods, Lasalle’s etc of the world did not have open enrollment.. and all of those kids that were recruited instead played for their home district school… how many of the kids now playing on their home teams would have a chance to play or get the playing time they get now?

I guess it’s ok to “damn” the schools for recruiting.. but be careful what you wish for.. they create the opportunity for a lot of other kids to play in a sport at a higher level than they otherwise might have had..

Yeah that's my point. Of course as a North Penn fan it frustrates me to see these terrific players elsewhere. I have heard it is Jon Haynes. He is a sophomore receiver and was second team all Inter-AC last year as a freshman.
Is his father still not on basketball staff? His dad also attended GA.

Green beans your freakin nuts, grow up in your community, go to grade school in your community, then go to high school in YOUR community. Your a catholic kid, go to corpus, then fine go to Lasalle etc, otherwise stop the transfer crap because you are a whistleblower, don't like the coach, don't like your playing time or how many touches you get!

Reactions: CYOBALL1
Cover.... Actually LaSalle is a Jesuit school.. basically the same corporation just different divisions.. your catholic school choices would be wood or LC… be that as it may..if you would read what I said.. I am saying just that.. say all of the kids that went to private schools decided to go to their community school.. a lot of the kids there might not make the team..

btm.. I don't he coaches hoops there any longer.. heard some reasons.. but nothing I could verify

Cover.... Actually LaSalle is a Jesuit school.. basically the same corporation just different divisions.. your catholic school choices would be wood or LC… be that as it may..if you would read what I said.. I am saying just that.. say all of the kids that went to private schools decided to go to their community school.. a lot of the kids there might not make the team..

Just to be clear GB, La Salle is not the Jesuit school. For what ever it means, St. Joe's is Jesuit.

oh.. I stand corrected... I should have looked them up first.. cover you are correct they are a catholic school..

Not sure, but I believe he has transferred once already. I know I might not be living in the real world but whatever happened to loyalty. Does the kid who has been a NP kid, who has attended workouts, 7/7's , lifting, speed camp, trivia night, challenger, community fund raiser , prior starter not deserve to keep his spot, to not be ousted by a transfer , someone who has not lifted, worked out, sweated with this team,no matter how damn good he is. Doesn't that NP kid deserve something. Who is going to lose a spot, lose reps, how does that kid feel if they win a district title and he is now a bit player. He now takes no pride in achieving this goal, his contribution has been diminished. Sad, because this really is just HS football.

Would the school district promise not to fire the coach, if he remains loyal and does not win?
Is it fair to the rest of the team not to win a title because of that loyalty?

Guess that's why your named second guess. Please, this is hs football, no huge bonus for winning, just ego. Hell, np coach works at the school . I guess its all about winning, hopefully a transfer doesn't come in and take your kids spot. You may change your opinion

This is not my quote.. it was posted on easternpafootball.com.. #3

I guess it will make the stands more interesting...

http://www.easternpafootball.com/gotw-8/2016-football-forum/

Walter White says:
September 8th, 2016 at 12:55 pm

To clarify a few things about the Germantown Academy Football program: (I am in no way associated with the program other then having a son that played there and I still keep in touch with current player’s parents)

1. Matt Dence, the head coach is a fantastic person and a very good football coach. He was a Father Judge guy, played at King’s and coached in the Ivies and Nescac before coming back to coach at VFMA and then GA. He’s turned the program around from a 2-8 team to a contender in the Inter Ac. He’s not the problem; period.
2. Isaiah Jones is a fine young man and had a great freshman year at GA at RB and Safety. However, he and his parents wanted him to play QB, but that role was already earned by sophomore at the time, Kyle McCloskey (who just committed to Villanova.) Instead of continuing at GA, he decided to transfer to Lasalle where he thought he could compete sooner at QB. Thats it, its that simple, no drama.
3. Jon Haynes is a talented young man and had a very good freshman campaign at GA. He had 25 receptions and returned kicks and started on D. However, the dad is a MAJOR problem. Cursing, tirades, disrespectful to the coaching staff. Honestly, NP can have him!

I’m not sure what rumors you have heard but I can tell you with full confidence, that Matt Dence and his staff are stand up guys that are just trying to build a program. Private school is a tough gig with A LOT of entitled parents and kids to deal with.

Last edited:
Reactions: lilromeo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT