ADVERTISEMENT

Roman v Lasalle

RCH13co18

Jun 10, 2015
Philadelphia,PA
Great game last night. Great atmosphere ,didn't go as I would've liked it, but we're one year away. Definitely was money well spent. Good luck to both teams the rest of the way.

Crazy ending.
I saw it via Rick O'Brien's "periscope." It was hard to figure out what happened on the first two field goal attempts that gave LaSalle the third chance. What did you guys see / think? I have some suspicions myself, but I come with a bias.

I saw it via Rick O'Brien's "periscope." It was hard to figure out what happened on the first two field goal attempts that gave LaSalle the third chance. What did you guys see / think? I have some suspicions myself, but I come with a bias.
first attempt: running into the kicker.
2nd attempt: ref never blew the play in yet the ref placed the ball and moved. Play was not blown dead and they allowed to the play to take place, FG missed.
3rd attempt: Well you know the ending. 3 shots at a winning FG.

first attempt: running into the kicker.
2nd attempt: ref never blew the play in yet the ref placed the ball and moved. Play was not blown dead and they allowed to the play to take place, FG missed.
3rd attempt: Well you know the ending. 3 shots at a winning FG.

Shades of Munich with the Russian basketball team!! The second one was the head scratcher!!

Reactions: lilromeo
First of all, Roman played a good game. Gave LaSalle all they could handle. Roman QB converted on a number of 3rd and longs. Both td's resulted from speed. As to the ending, I was at the far end of the field, under the scoreboard. Had good sight of the uprights and the kicks. The first kick went right, but very close. The second kick went left, but very, very close. The paper this morning had both kicks going wide right. It seems many had different opinions as to what took place. The three kicks didn't go bang, bang, bang. There was time between- - - timeout/s, refs conferring with the coaches, conferring with each other, etc. Most of the controversy was after the 2nd kick. One observer thought that Roman called a time-out a split nano- second before the snap. Anyway, these two teams will be in the playoffs, so the final score is not a season-ender.

LaSalle will roll RC in the playoffs!!!!! Judge faced a similar fate a few years back dropping a heartbreaker 17-16 to LaSalle on their Homecoming at Springfield on the grass on a Saturday afternoon. A couple weeks later Judge was feeling full of themselves and super confident in the PCL Quarters to only fall 35-7 and Gordon took his foot off the gas early in 2nd half at PW on a Saturday night!!!!!!!

So we both remember when Judge beat North back in the 80s in the playoffs after North WHACKED them just the previous week or so. Happens all the time...doesn't mean it will happen this time. Not trying to down lasalle or pump roman...but Lasalle has to play Prep, Wood, and then most likely circle back to Roman. While Roman has Judge and Carroll. I am sure they are up for it....but don't tell me we all don't go into that game thinking it would be a good one.

Reactions: CYOBALL1
In the playoffs it will be another tight contest. Coach Murph don't have a problem being patient ( As you can see by the last 2 games). The difference between this year is the line play on both sides. Watching both Lasalle and SJP games of last year, Roman didn't have the line to grind in out the entire game. That's different this year....... Last year they tried to play slow and allowed Lasalle and SJP to score points in the process. That would ultimately change your game plan being down a few scores. I still think next year will be Murph's best year with an older group returning.

In the playoffs it will be another tight contest. Coach Murph don't have a problem being patient ( As you can see by the last 2 games). The difference between this year is the line play on both sides. Watching both Lasalle and SJP games of last year, Roman didn't have the line to grind in out the entire game. That's different this year....... Last year they tried to play slow and allowed Lasalle and SJP to score points in the process. That would ultimately change your game plan being down a few scores. I still think next year will be Murph's best year with an older group returning.

How will it be his best year? They lose almost every skill guy besides RB#28. I also think they lose the entire line give or take 1. I think Roman will be a force in 2 years. Hopefully Murphy wont be there. Because i know other guys that would do a better job

LaSalle will roll RC in the playoffs!!!!! Judge faced a similar fate a few years back dropping a heartbreaker 17-16 to LaSalle on their Homecoming at Springfield on the grass on a Saturday afternoon. A couple weeks later Judge was feeling full of themselves and super confident in the PCL Quarters to only fall 35-7 and Gordon took his foot off the gas early in 2nd half at PW on a Saturday night!!!!!!!
What's the saying again?.. Misery loves company?
For Roman to get another shot at LaSalle they have to first beat Ryan and Judge. And trust me they are not looking past either one of these teams.

Roman will beat Ryan 42-7 with eaz but then again i don't remember a Roman/Ryan game ever being a blowout. I think they will beat Judge to but the score will depend on King playing, but they still win 28-12

How will it be his best year? They lose almost every skill guy besides RB#28. I also think they lose the entire line give or take 1. I think Roman will be a force in 2 years. Hopefully Murphy wont be there. Because i know other guys that would do a better job
the 3 transfers are gone along with the qb. They lose maybe 3 linemen. The secondary returns aside from the safety.

Man do you know about what they lose an have? Just curious who will replace the following? I would love love love to hear who your QB will be for next year? Have you seen Roman's JV team who lost 43-0 to LaSalle yesterday? Public League esk kids sitting on the ground on the sidelines, kids walking on an off the field. I will say the Freshman team would beat the JV team, and the Freshman Team has alot of Talent Hence 2 years away.

1-Bristow, 2-Duvernay, 3- Butler, 4, Bolden, 5-Gaymon,6-Mcgillian,10-Haynes, 11-Galasso, 22-Flaherty, 23-Brown, 24-McCloud, 62- Kellog, 65-Edwards, 74-Rich are all gone, please tell me who is going to replace all these guys?

Man do you know about what they lose an have? Just curious who will replace the following? I would love love love to hear who your QB will be for next year? Have you seen Roman's JV team who lost 43-0 to LaSalle yesterday? Public League esk kids sitting on the ground on the sidelines, kids walking on an off the field. I will say the Freshman team would beat the JV team, and the Freshman Team has alot of Talent Hence 2 years away.

1-Bristow, 2-Duvernay, 3- Butler, 4, Bolden, 5-Gaymon,6-Mcgillian,10-Haynes, 11-Galasso, 22-Flaherty, 23-Brown, 24-McCloud, 62- Kellog, 65-Edwards, 74-Rich are all gone, please tell me who is going to replace all these guys?

I don't want to seem crazy when I say this, but I'll try. Gaymon and Haynes will be the most missed on offense. Galasso missed more games then he actually played at Roman. Flaherty can be replaced by #8 and Duvernay can be replaced by #9. #28 can handle the rb duties. They lose a bunch I was really speaking on the culture of the program. Next year will be Murph's 3 rd year. I just didn't like the culture before Murph came back. It felt like the culture was accepting going to the playoffs every year and never trying to really compete with SJP and Lasalle.

Flaherty can be replaced? wow ok He's probably there best overall player. Haynes is a great player and they will miss him, BUT Bristow is just as good. You still never answered my question of who will be there QB next year? Well the Culture of the program is that Freshman Team coming up that's where they will start to get good. Until then, 2 years like i said they will be able to be very good.

Just curious, you have a kid on the team? Or just a Fan of Roman

Flaherty can be replaced? wow ok He's probably there best overall player. Haynes is a great player and they will miss him, BUT Bristow is just as good. You still never answered my question of who will be there QB next year? Well the Culture of the program is that Freshman Team coming up that's where they will start to get good. Until then, 2 years like i said they will be able to be very good.

Just curious, you have a kid on the team? Or just a Fan of Roman
One of my sons graduated '13 and my other son would've graduated in the class of '18 but we transferred him to Ryan ( that's where his mother attended).
I wont mention Bristow I'll just say our opinions are totally different about him. I think they'll have to go find a qb next. The rumors are out about a certain player returning to PCL 6A after stepping away ( don't know how true the rumor may be). Shane is a stud no doubt about that.

Gotcha. Bristow has 61 Catches 800 yards 8 TDs in 2 years whats not to like?

As for the Rumor, i didn't hear of it. Who is the Certain player that was in 6A? Could it be a kid that was charged with Murder? just curious

As for the Rumor, i didn't hear of it. Who is the Certain player that was in 6A? Could it be a kid that was charged with Murder? just curious
Roman denied Andre Mintz(Imhotep transfer from West) acceptance 3 years ago for a verbal altercation in school. I'm certain they won't accept a kid with that type of past.

Reactions: TDjones22

No, that's not the kid. The kid I was referring to was Kidd- Jackson.

If he had 61 catches in a 2 year span he was targeted 120 minimum.

It's not always the Wr's fault.. I was at the Prep game and Bristow was open most of the game but Butler couldn't throw it in the Ocean standing on the beach...

Kidd-Jackson isn't going to Roman, they would not take him, 3rd Catholic HS is 4 years i don't think so.

It's not always the Wr's fault.. I was at the Prep game and Bristow was open most of the game but Butler couldn't throw it in the Ocean standing on the beach...

Kidd-Jackson isn't going to Roman, they would not take him, 3rd Catholic HS is 4 years i don't think so.
I said it was rumored.. suppose to be close with the current juniors there. If I had a problem with the current staff it would be not moving Bristow to TE. They have a all conference hybrid tight end in that kid. Many of the Roman followers feel the same way.

Well if he was close with the JRs he should have went to Roman in the first place from 8th grade, i guess he's not that close with them. This is HS not professional sports, i don't get these kids thinking its ok to transfer every year because of sports. Its about education that should come first and its clear this person doesn't have that at the top of his priority list. He's not an Elite Qb to pick an choose his schools. He barely played at Prep. But then again who am i.

You could be right about TE, time will tell. Well of what times left.

Jordan Haynes is terrific. One of the most dynamic playmakers in the PCL.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT