ADVERTISEMENT

Roman Catholic 20 - Wood 6 late 4th Q

Yes, was at game. Points scored in first half. Roman is definitely playing hard, new coach seems to have a good handle. Intense dude.

Reactions: CYOBALL1
Roman is now 3-3 with a loss to Egan....Wood is way off. But hats off to Roman, turn arounds start somewhere,

Wood is not good at all. Ryan may be their only hope to win a division game. They would also struggle in the blue division

Last edited:
Reactions: lilromeo
Roman is not that talented, but they are coached and play hard as I mentioned before. Wood may be down, but I would still give more credit to Roman than speaking about Wood being down. Especially with new coach.

What is going on at Wood ? As bad as they seem, my Pennridge Rams are worst. Maybe the worst coached Rams team Ive seen in 40 years

As far as “the program” I think it’s a combination of things at wood. Their numbers are down, they have less than ten seniors, and they are very small upfront which is not normal for wood teams. I wouldn’t go as far as hoops saying they’ll be lucky to win one game and would struggle in the blue.

In regards to just the game, from what I heard Wood was missing their best OL and their RB? But was also told Roman just beat them up physically. If that’s the case then I agree with chuck, Prete is doing an awesome job changing culture and that’s what people should be talking about.

Huck said this is the fewest points Wood scored against a league opponent in 17 years, 2002. That was before Wood took off. First win for Roman, previously 0-8. Congrats to Roman, and while I hear the tide is turning at Roman, the end of an era at Wood is here and that is the bigger story for now. Hopefully Roman can take the next steps and get over the hump, they almost beat lasalle a few years ago, maybe this is their year.

I like the coach and what is going on at Roman, Ive stated that in the past, but beating Lasalle isn’t gonna happen. Good to see them talked about though, and if the school does their part, watch out.

Wood, would absolutely be fine in the blue. I have to disagree with any feeling otherwise except for maybe Crosby and his transfers.

Chuck

Roman had Lasalle beat 3 years ago, but 2 consecutive penalties on made field goals and they missed the try third to end the game. So if Roman has really improved, could happen again.

Wood, would absolutely be fine in the blue. I have to disagree with any feeling otherwise except for maybe Crosby and his transfers.

To be fair. N-G has basically the same team they had last year and that team finished (2-5). They have an impact player from NE, but other than that the rest of the names I see were on the team last year. A single transfer isn't worth noting because 95% of school in SE PA have at least that on their rosters.

Chuck

Roman had Lasalle beat 3 years ago, but 2 consecutive penalties on made field goals and they missed the try third to end the game. So if Roman has really improved, could happen again.

Anything is possible, but as of today I think LS would be at minimum a three TD favorite over Roman. With that said, good to see them get a quality win, especially in the new coach's first season. This isn't a great Wood team and they were missing their best skill kid (RC was missing Shemar Ellis), but I still think they can make a little noise in the 5A playoffs. Still well-coached, with smart kids, who play hard. Just not oozing speed at the skill positions like some of their past squads. A little young/inexperienced, as last year's team was down from pervious years, but still had like 26 seniors. Roman played a good game and limited a lot of the mistakes that have plagued them in recent years and to a degree earlier this year. Much credit to them. IMO, if these teams played ten times I'd still take AW to win at least 6 of them, but they don't play ten times. They play once and the Cahillites certainly earned the win. Credit to them!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT