ADVERTISEMENT

Ridley vs. Springfield

defcon3

Sep 16, 2005
Was anyone else NOT as surprised by this as me? I know Ridley had momentum, but the first year in the tenure of the coach who everybody knew was getting the job, and the OC who is friends with the Principal lose to a team that hasn't beat Ridley in almost a quarter century? And basically get shut down in the process?

I have long said on here that Wood was the correct hire. I still believe that. But I have also long said that running this offense, which has little to no forward passes wouldn't work at Ridley when it mattered, from a practical standpoint and an alumni standpoint.

Kudos to Springfield (their DC was a finalist for the Ridley job if I remember correctly, I forget his name). They played well. Ridleys only scores came on broken plays. Maybe in the off season we can lure Ruffenach (UD OC, also a finalist) away from UD. I know there are struggling but they sure can score points.

I know its just one game. But I can't see this offense working here for a deep playoff run.

I wasn't surprised a the outcome, but I was surprised that Springfield totally dominated the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball-especially in the 2nd half when you would think Ridley at its 2 platoon system would wear down Springfiled. I said in the other thread that it could have been a shut out-both TDs were basically flukes. I thought Ridley got very conservative in the 2nd half thiking they would win the game 14-7. Also the same old discipline problems reared their ugly head with over 100 yards inb penalties.

Im not sure if Wood is the right hire-only time will tell. But if he is married to the OC and the OC is married to this offense-then I do not think that's good. Not because the offense is good or bad, but because of the narrow mindedness of not being willing to change.

This message board is to funny. All this talk before the season about Ridley's next coach and nobody has said anything about B. Thompson. A Ridley grad, a Ridley teacher and a ridley coach for 20 plus years and now the offensive cordinator for Springfield. Your givening Kudos to the DC and nothing to BT. SAD

This message board is to funny. All this talk before the season about Ridley's next coach and nobody has said anything about B. Thompson. A Ridley grad, a Ridley teacher and a ridley coach for 20 plus years and now the offensive cordinator for Springfield. Your givening Kudos to the DC and nothing to BT. SAD

I wasn't slighting Coach Thompson, as I am sure he has a big hand in the teams success. But, I have heard that he has essentially passed over for consideration for the HC job so many times, that he wouldn't go back to Ridley for all the money in the world. I heard he interviewed when Decker got the job, and probably should have got the job then. This last go round, I heard he was basically told not to bother applying. Considering he is all those thing you said (teacher, alum, coach) and wasn't considered, can you blame him for looking elsewhere to coach?

I wasn't slighting Coach Thompson, as I am sure he has a big hand in the teams success. But, I have heard that he has essentially passed over for consideration for the HC job so many times, that he wouldn't go back to Ridley for all the money in the world. I heard he interviewed when Decker got the job, and probably should have got the job then. This last go round, I heard he was basically told not to bother applying. Considering he is all those thing you said (teacher, alum, coach) and wasn't considered, can you blame him for looking elsewhere to coach?
All the gurus on this site concerning Ridley football and nobody gonna give coach Thompson his respect. How do you have a man that has given so much to Ridley Fottball be asked not to apply?
Congrats to coach Thompson and Springfield Football for beating Ridley.
Boo to Ridley Admin, fans and alumni who doubted coach Thompson and all the work he has done at Ridley.
If i were him I would have wore a springfield football shirt into work on Monday and smiled from ear to ear.

Last edited:
Its funny how there was not a word for months on here about Ridley and they get there 1st loss and people are coming out of the closets again.. Give me a break!

Reactions: gzagame
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT