ADVERTISEMENT

Ridley Question for the board, but mostly Ridley peeps

defcon3

Sep 16, 2005
So, is the Turkey Bowl against Interboro a must win for the coach to keep his job? If they lose, is the coach dismissed? I heard rumors (again, just rumors) that the feeling is from the staff that they wouldn't be retained either way, but put no value in that. I only bring it up because I heard it from a couple of Ridley people, so the public belief of some is that they must win for the coach to have any shot at being retained.

Thoughts?

Same rumors we are all hearing. If he loses he is done, if he wins , it's no guarantee. They tried to get a game 2 weeks ago at the last minute with chester to fill in the 3 weeks between games mostly to get another win on the resume, but that fell through. Just like last year , they have not been practicing much for Interboro , even letting kids go to practice for winter sports ( basketball, wrestling). Meanwhile , Interboro going through almost August like practices to try to win the game. It may not matter since this Interboro team is mediocre talent wise compared to other years, so Ridley may win anyway, despite of themselves. Seems like the Ridley staff is just going through the motions or already has seen the writing on the wall.

Remorse also circulating as to possible replacements as well.

If this happens, they will probably wait until December to start a search. Any candidates that could be interested? Seems to be a good job to have with tradition.

Maybe Gang Green could speak on this or any other Ridley area people...

This post was edited on 11/26 9:39 PM by Mr All American

Mr AA. December is Monday , so the search will start right away. But despite it being a very high profile job with deep tradition, Ridley will most likely limit its search to Ridley graduates only, so this will definitely shrink the pool,of applicants immediately. Confidentially, the rumor mill of possible replacents are all Ridley grads.

What I meant by December is open it before holiday and actually start process right after. My apologies. Why just graduates do you think? I know a couple of names back in PA that would be extremely interested in the job.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT