ADVERTISEMENT

Ridley 6. Interboro 2

SPEED&JUMP DR.

Jan 3, 2007
2nd half on sloppy field. Ridley probably has more penalty yards at this point than offense yards. At least 4 personal fouls so far.

Re: Ridley 9 Interboro 8

So....Does this win ensure that the coaching staff will return next year ?

I think phil marion is rolling in his grave. Might have been the worst played game by both teams in the history of the series. Now there have been blowouts where one team played bad, but in this one both teams played bad. A first down was a celebration.

Much has been made of the 3 week layoff causing the sloppiness , but I don't get that. If that were the case then every opening game of the year would be sloppy since there is a long layoff. Also, most college coaches say the benefit of being in a bowl game is the extra practice time for the underclass men. Of course, I guees for it to be a benefit, you actually need to practice.

I'll do speed a solid here and relay the rumor that I have heard circulating around, because I think it may be the same one he heard. I'll be careful not to directly name names....but anyone with a brain can figure out who I am referring to.

Speed, did you hear that a prominent former coach, and two prominent former coordinators may come out of retirement to roam the sidelines? The rumor going around is that the recently retired long time coordinator would only return if the retired head coach comes back on board. If that happens, I heard that the offensive coordinator (who last I heard was coaching the Freshman but not sure if that is still true) would also return if those other two pieces were in place.

Thoughts?

Keep in mind that I'm a nobody, but here's what I've heard...

They reached out to Waller about coming back but he wasn't interested. If they were to make a move (which I haven't heard one way or the other) BT and Vosheski would be two of the front runners.

This post was edited on 11/28 1:47 PM by Joe_Kane

Def & JK

I heard all different parameters of the same rumor., that they are bringing back the old boys to restore some order to the program. I also heard that it does not matter to any of them who is actually 'head' coach and who are named assistants or coordinators since none of those mentioned have any egos and not all that interested in labels , just winning football games. There are also several coaches ( not head ) at other programs that are Ridley guys that would also come back to the program. If true , it would almost be an all star coaching staff with years and years of nothing but winning football on their resumes. The only real issue would be how long can a staff like that last? Many of the rumored guys are in their 60's , and although they still go to many games , how long could they keep it together 3 yrs, 5 yrs., whatever? But it would not be a long term solution that likely would be an answer for the next 15, yrs.

If this all star staff can come back and change the program, you're right there is no long term solution. So why not do the due diligence of looking for a guy that can come in and be there long term. Maybe even have some of those old Ridley guys on staff? Makes sense but regardless, the program will be fine.

I find this interesting. Who are the "several" Ridley guys at other programs as assistants?

hey, we're getting the band back together....doesn't sound like the right way to go. So they're down, it's HS football and these things do go in cycles. If the NPs and Neshaminy's of the world can have a down period, so can Ridley. It'll come back, usually does. Down is a relative term and there are programs that would take a down Ridley season over their own. I've always admired their program from afar and always thought my Whippets bore some resemblance to them, albeit with smaller numbers. Yeah it sucks when everyone is on here talking about playoff football and your squad isn't among them. I miss Cuck. I don't however feel, as good as those coaches were in their day, that bringing them back is the longer-term solution, as advisors maybe but not running everything.

No D1......Sorry the toilet bowl has belonged to the Chi vs Sun Valley game for years and years now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT