ADVERTISEMENT

Rain

tulla

Oct 27, 2004
I've noticed that some games scheduled for tonight have been postponed till later in the weekend because of predicted rain. This seems an increasingly common occurrence. I know memory can play tricks but my memory tells me that such postponements were very rare many years ago. We played in rain, even heavy rain. Am I wrong?

It's been a common theme for a while now. I can see the logic from a financial viewpoint. Lots of rivalries this weekend. No way this old guy is attending a game in pouring rain. I can't tonight anyway, will be seeing Rick Wakeman in South Jersey. Here are all the schedule changes:

Reactions: lilromeo
It's been a common theme for a while now. I can see the logic from a financial viewpoint. Lots of rivalries this weekend. No way this old guy is attending a game in pouring rain. I can't tonight anyway, will be seeing Rick Wakeman in South Jersey. Here are all the schedule changes:

Glad that LaSalle / Wood was moved until Saturday at 11. Hope it clears up by then.

Agree, and I am going with my brother Relayer to see “Lord” Wakeman!!! I believe our friend lilromeo is an old Yes-fan?… or what was previously assembled as Yes, the classic line-up.. :))

Last edited:
Let em play! The only way it's a financial issue is if you re-sod. Why would you do that (buddies making $$$$ ?) and deny the great reality of '3 yards and a loud of dust'. Nothing wrong with playing on a field that's 1/3 dirt, especially in the rain!
About weather. Look out if it stays this windy.

Reactions: Bighead75
Lots of schools in the Valley seem like they moved up kickoffs to 6 (Easton included) to try and beat the heavy stuff. Only a couple moved to tomorrow so far.

Let em play! The only way it's a financial issue is if you re-sod. Why would you do that (buddies making $$$$ ?) and deny the great reality of '3 yards and a loud of dust'. Nothing wrong with playing on a field that's 1/3 dirt, especially in the rain!
About weather. Look out if it stays this windy.
I think more of a financial issue that people won't show up and you lose the gate $$, especially in a rivalry game where you expect thousands to attend.

Reactions: Stalker
Agree, and I am going with my brother Relayer to see “Lord” Wakeman!!! I believe our friend lilromeo is an old Yes-fan?… or what was previously assembled as Yes, the classic line-up.. :))
Well, I have to admit Im a doo wop guy and would rather see Dion and the Belmonts , the Five satins , the Duprees et al. LOL

Glad that LaSalle / Wood was moved until Saturday at 11. Hope it clears up by then.
LaSalle wins 20-0 no contest. Woods Offense is anemic,run up the middle, run off tackle same result blah. Lasalle /Prep for sure in the championship.

Reactions: Relayer
Lil, I was able to see a good bit of the game online (thank you Bob Long!). I hate to question a staff, but for two years now AW’s coaching is nonexistent. I think they have more talent than anyone in the state (they at least have equal talent). Yet, they can’t score. It is baffling. They are constantly switching QBs. How about letting one get in a rhythm? Not to mention, the tall, younger kid looks significantly better.

Lil, I was able to see a good bit of the game online (thank you Bob Long!). I hate to question a staff, but for two years now AW’s coaching is nonexistent. I think they have more talent than anyone in the state (they at least have equal talent). Yet, they can’t score. It is baffling. They are constantly switching QBs. How about letting one get in a rhythm? Not to mention, the tall, younger kid looks significantly better.
I agree with you. I thought this would have been a successful year for Wood with the transfers they received from McD and some of their returning players. They have an abundance of talent ,but appears that they dont know how to put it together.They have no less than 6 players with D-1 offers ,the most they ever had.

I agree with you. I thought this would have been a successful year for Wood with the transfers they received from McD and some of their returning players. They have an abundance of talent ,but appears that they dont know how to put it together.They have no less than 6 players with D-1 offers ,the most they ever had.
Me too Lil. Thought they'd be a factor per transfers and D1 kids. When talent isn't producing it can only be coaching........as HSFB said/inferred.

Lil, I think they are up to 9 kids with Divison 1 offers now (I believe all are either jrs or srs). That’s almost every player on the field. And that doesn’t include WR/DB #7 and RB/LB #6 who are possibly their two best players. Their offensive line play is pathetic. Can someone on their staff call-in Mike Carey please? LOL.

Lil, I think they are up to 9 kids with Divison 1 offers now (I believe all are either jrs or srs). That’s almost every player on the field. And that doesn’t include WR/DB #7 and RB/LB #6 who are possibly their two best players. Their offensive line play is pathetic. Can someone on their staff call-in Mike Carey please? LOL.
Seriously, call-in Mike Carey !!!!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT