ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with St. Joseph's Prep wide receiver Elijah Jones

PAPreps.com

Jul 20, 2017
What have you been doing as of late with off-season workouts?
“Late in the off-season I have been doing a full body workout every day with the team then having a 2-hour practice outside of the practice I will go get speed work and strength work with my trainers and when I can go run routes with some quarterbacks.”

What do you feel you have improved on most this off-season?
“I feel that I have improved on my catching ability most in the off-season as that is one of if not the most important thing for a wide receiver but along with my catching, I have improved on my route running getting in and out of my breaks and being creative when running them.”

How do you feel your team will do this football season?
“I have high hopes for my team this year. We may be young and have just lost our dominant senior class, but I know that our team will be able to come together and go out and win another state championship while also winning our out of league games. That is not to say that we are the best now or do not need work because we do but we will work hard to be the best in the nation.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“We play a tough schedule every year and we don’t look past any of our opponents as all it takes is for them to want it more to make us lose. But that being said the team that I am most excited to play is Milton out of Georgia. I’m most excited because they were highly ranked last year after playing a tough schedule and their defense seems like it’ll be the toughest we face.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“The toughest individual player our team will face off against this year is Lebbeus Overton from Milton who is their D-Lineman and the number 1 player in the class of 2023. This will be a challenge for us as it will be our first time this year going against someone of high caliber skill since last year.”

Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“Yes, I want to play football in college and a power 5 one at that.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“I have been to a couple of camps this summer that have allowed some colleges to see me, which are Ohio State, Temple, and Rutgers.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“The only college trips I have made were to the camps. I have toured the Rutgers facility after a camp in which I performed really well in but other than that I have not gone on any other trips.”

Do you have plans for more trips soon?
“I have more plans for trips next year. I will not be going to as many camps next year, but I will hopefully be going to colleges on unofficial visits.”

Have you done any camps this off-season? How do you feel you performed?
“Yes, I have been to 3 camps in total. At the Ohio State camp, I performed extremely well and was one of the best wide receivers there while going against top DBs in 1on1’s. At the Temple I also performed at the highest level and was a standout guy amongst the revivers. At the Rutgers camp it was the same as the others performing really well against other people in my class which led to me being invited to a BBQ and a tour of their facility.”

Do you have any plans for camps ahead?
“As of next year, I will not be attending as many camps but will focus on getting better as an individual by working out.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“Growing up my favorite college was Ohio State and still is my favorite college to this day.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News