ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with Lakeland quarterback Dominico Spataro

PAPreps.com

Jul 20, 2017
How has everything been going football wise as of late?
“Football went great this year. We didn’t finish with our final goal of a district championship but I think we shocked a lot of people with our performances throughout the year. I was brought so close to everyone on the team and it was one of the most fun teams I’ve been on in a while.”

Going forward, what do you feel your team can continue to improve on?
“Our team has a great work ethic and never backs down from sprints or workouts. We definitely need to get in the weight room this off-season and get to work. Get a lot stronger and faster. Another thing is just mastering the playbook.”

Have you been pleased with your performances?
“I was definitely pleased with my performance this year. It was cool to hit 2000 passing yards and 3000 total yards but it’s only because of everyone else. My whole team is accountable for my performance. Whether it was my o-line creating a good pocket and keeping me from getting hit. Also creating a run game so the pass game can open up more. My wide receivers did an outstanding job all year and I’m most proud of them all being humble and knowing that there is four of them and the ball is going to get spread around between them all.”

How do you feel about the play of your team?
“The team played great all year. We dealt with adversity so well this year. Everyone kept there heads up and never got knocked down. We had high energy in practice all year and because of that the whole year was so fun. Even though we didn’t win the district we still did a great job and showed a lot of people wrong.”

What are your sporting goals going forward as of now?
“My goals for next year are to definitely just do better than this past year. Pass and run for more yards. Have a bigger difference on defense. Do everything I could to make the team better without doing to much. But definitely just become a better leader and to lead by example. Have a better attitude to everything in football and be a guy that everyone could look at when things go wrong.”

Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“I definitely want to play sports in college. It would be an awesome experience to be able to do that. I love swimming. Swimming has been in my head since freshman year and that is my biggest goal for college. Of course football would be nice too. I love football and to be able to get a chance to play at the next level would be amazing.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“No colleges have been recruiting me yet.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“No colleges have been recruiting me yet.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“I have not made any college trips yet.”

Do you have plans for game day trips?
“I do not have any plans for college game day trips yet.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“My favorite college team was Penn State. My family has loved them since I was little and they just grew on me and I have liked them as long as I could remember.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News