ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with Hazleton Area running back Ryan Matyas

PAPreps.com

Jul 20, 2017
How has everything with the football season been going so far?
“I couldn’t ask for a better season so far, every week we get better, we continue to train hard and work and are really coming together as a team.”

Have you been pleased with how you have played this season?
“I have been pleased with how I have played so far this season, I am looking forward to getting my hands on the ball a bit more to see what I am actually capable of.”

How do you feel your team has played?
“As a team I feel we have played solid, we are brothers both on and off the field and you can tell that, we are a super close-knit group and we have coaches to thank for that, we are excited and happy forever for our other teammates when they do something great. We also can pick each other up right when we do something, maybe not so great.”

What do you feel your team can improve on?
“Our team can improve on everything, there is always room for improvement, I think we are doing an awesome job but sure there’s always room to go from good to great.”

What are the keys for your team being successful going forward?
“Keys to being successful would be to try to stay injury free, usually as the season goes on there are more injuries, and continue to practice hard.”

Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“I have always dreamt of playing football at the college level so I am hopeful that is something that I can achieve.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“I have gone to a few showcases and have gotten some interest from a few schools.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“Several local colleges.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“I have gone to showcases.”

Do you have plans for game day trips?
“Not yet.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“Penn State.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News