ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with Franklin Regional defensive tackle Andrew Nesler

PAPreps.com

Jul 20, 2017
What have you and your team been doing as of late to get ready for the fall?
“This off-season has been like nothing I’ve ever experienced. With Coach Getsy taking the helm as head coach the weight room production and agility on the team has increased tenfold. I assure you we are across the board one of the best conditioned teams in the WPIAL.”

What do you feel you have improved on the most since football ended?
“Definitely my explosiveness and quickness. I endured a pretty bad injury (which required Tommy John surgery on my right arm) in the final week of last season against PT, so I was pretty restrictive as to what I was able to work on for the following months since I was basically restricted to having one arm. Field work was all I could do pretty much. I owe a great deal of that progression to Tim Cortazzo of FSQ and Coach Russ of Swarm412.”

How do you feel your team will do this football season?
“Franklin is going to be the unexpected powerhouse this year. Although we may not be as gifted as a lot of schools when it comes to size, we are strong with athleticism as well as heart.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“Probably PT. Last year we had our biggest loss against PT and ever since, that has been one of our teams' biggest motivations is that we NEED to beat PT to prove we are not some 2nd class football teams. Cade Yacamelli and that huge OL combo is going to be deadly, but I know we can persevere.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“Brad Birch is up there. That kid is beyond gifted in his position. All that does however is just motivate me even more to make sacks against Gateway this year.”

Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“Yes, my main goal in life as of right now is to make it to playing Division 1 football. I also enjoy track & field as a shot put and discus thrower.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“I’ve been speaking to a couple D2 programs and turning some heads at camps this year but nothing I want to boast about yet.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“I won’t say “recruiting me the hardest” but the school that definitely has my most attention is Liberty University. I love they’re faith focused culture that they have going on over there.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“Not as of yet however I am speaking to coach king will of Liberty about coming to visit in November.”

What camps did you attend this summer? How did the camps go overall?
“I went to Duquesne, Liberty, Villanova, Bucknell, Penn State as well as Narduzzi’s elite camp at Pitt to name a few. I felt as though my performances were good, but not reflective as to how capable of a player I am. Unfortunately, however at Pitt (the one I was most interested in) I pulled a hamstring in the very first drill that put me out of commission for a couple weeks. I think however I did turn some heads at the ones I was able to perform at and hopefully more will come of it.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“That’s a tough one, I’d say either Pitt probably because Aaron Donald has been an inspiration to me since midget league."

Reactions: AndrewNesler
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News