ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with Clearfield quarterback Isaac Rumery

PAPreps.com

Jul 20, 2017
How did the football season go for your team?
“The football season for our team had its ups and downs. Unfortunately, it ended in the first round of playoffs. At Clearfield, there is a very long written tradition of winning. We kept that tradition going with a winning season, but I definitely look forward to this upcoming season to being one for the books.”

What are your workout plans now going forward?
“My workout plans this season are a little different then last off-season. This off-season, I am focusing more on gaining as much muscle as possible. I will also be doing footwork drills and sprints to keep my speed. In the past, I just followed suit and did the usual lifts. As of now, I am focusing on all aspects of the game; balance, speed, power, acceleration, and so forth.”

What are you trying to improve on the most this off-season?
“What I’m trying to improve most on this off-season is my decision making. I am studying film on my own time and improving my ability to read defenses. That is one of my main mental trainings I am doing.”

How do you believe your team will be next season?
“I believe this next season will be by far the best season I have had. We are mostly seniors, and eight of our 11 starters have three years of experience. I believe we are going to make a nice playoff run, but we have to take it one game at a time. You can’t underestimate anyone now.”

What is the toughest game on your schedule for 2018?
“This is a tough question to answer, but personally, I believe our biggest challenge next season will be the Huntington Bearcats. They are a great team who is very adequately coached, and I look forward to the challenge.”

Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“Yes, my lifelong dream has been to play D1 college football.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“A handful of schools have been recruiting me. Just some are Toledo, Akron, Bucknell, Bowling Green, Michigan, Penn State, Temple, Eastern Michigan, Robert Morris, Miami of Ohio, and Columbia.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“All of the schools right now are looking to offer me, but the one who is coming at me the hardest is probably Columbia.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“Yes, I have visited Rutgers and Michigan. I plan to go to other schools very soon.”

What camps are you going to this summer?
“Other than a select amount of junior day camps, I am going to attend the Elite 1camp and an Under Armour camp.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“My favorite college growing up was Ohio State. I loved to watch Terrell Pryor.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News