ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with Central Dauphin linebacker Xander Toland

PAPreps.com

Jul 20, 2017
How has everything been going football wise as of late?
“Football lately has really been an eye opener. This sport takes so much commitment and if you're not 100% in mentally you're not going to make it.”

Going forward, what do you feel your team can continue to improve on?
“Last season our team had a lot of new kids and sophomore starters, this coming season we all have experience under our belt and are going to come back stronger. We can improve on all aspects.”

Have you been pleased with your performances?
“This was my first year as a starter and I hold myself to high standards because I know what I'm capable of. I believe I had a good season but, I know I'm nowhere near the athlete I can be.”

How do you feel about the play of your team?
“This year our team did not meet the standards of a Central Dauphin football team. The whole team knows it. We had potential as a whole but in the end we had too many guys give up on each other.”

What are your sporting goals going forward as of now?
“As of now, I want to better myself physically and mentally and get ready for the new season. Every day I do something to make myself a better player.”

Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“I would love to have the opportunity to play college football at any school that wants me. Personally I have no eyes on a specific school, I just want the opportunity to play.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“I've been invited to multiple camps and have had unofficial visits from schools such as Youngstown state, and Clarion.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“As of now I don’t have much information on what schools are interested in me.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“I’ve visited Youngstown state and I plan on making a trip to Clarion.”

Do you have plans for game day trips?
“As I said I've been to the Youngstown game and am going to Clarion.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“My favorite college growing up was the Miami Hurricanes, they have had some of my favorite players go there and it’s always been a standout team to me.”

Reactions: Toland31
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News