ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with Bald Eagle linebacker Kael Gardner

PAPreps.com

Jul 20, 2017
How have the preseason practices been going as of late
“I have been working out with the team this summer from 8-10 on Mondays, Wednesday and Fridays. We would lift every one of those days and have agility on Monday, team offense on Wednesday, and speed on Friday. The team had a couple 7-on-7 tournaments that we attended.”

What do you feel you have improved on the most since football ended?
“Since football ended, I have focused on a couple things. I need to work on my hips and staying low and also my using my hands more to fight off blocks.”

Who do you open the football season with? What are your thoughts on them overall?
“We will open the 2018 season with Troy. We played them for the first-time last year and it was a tough game that opened up in our favor. I think overall, they are a tough team. I know last year they had some younger kids who were key players for them. I believe it will be a good game.”

How do you believe your team will be next season?
“I think our team has a lot of potential for 2018. We have a lot of starters returning on both sides of the ball. We have a handful or more of kids who have two years of experience and are stepping up as leaders. Our line was young last year and is still going to be. They are a little undersized, but a lot quicker than before.”

What is the toughest game on your schedule for 2018?
“As a team, we just want to take it one game at a time so as of right now, it is our first game.”

Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“I want to play football in college.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“I’ve been recruited by some Ivy League schools like Yale, Harvard, Cornell, Columbia, Patriot League schools like Colgate, and Lafayette, along with some other schools. Those are the big ones.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“I have not visited any colleges yet.”

What camps did you attend this summer? How did the camps go overall?
“I attended Cornell, Yale, and Harvard. Overall, I learned a lot at all of these camps. I got to compete with some very good athletes.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“I never had a favorite college in general, but living in Centre County, I always cheered for Penn State.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News