ADVERTISEMENT

Projected District 1 6A Playoff Seeds

705 Hood

Sep 22, 2017
Projected seeds based on D1 playoff formula and possible Week 10 results. Some alternate scenarios are listed further below.

1 Pennsbury/Neshaminy winner
2 Perkiomen Valley - win
3 Garnet Valley - win
4 North Penn - win
5 Coatesville - win
6 Downingtown East - win
7 Pennridge - win
8 Pennsbury/Neshaminy loser
9 CB West - win
10 Quakertown - win
11 CB South - win
12 Haverford - loss
13 OJ Roberts - win
14 Truman - win
15 Penn Wood - win
16 Spring-Ford - win
Just out:
17 Ridley - win
18 Upper Darby - loss

Some other possible scenarios (everything above stays the same except as noted):

Perk Valley drops to 8 with loss.

Haverford jumps to 9 with win.

OJ Roberts drops to 15 with loss.

Truman is out with a loss, Ridley is in at 16.

Spring-Ford is out with loss, Ridley is in at 16.

Upper Darby is in at 15 with win, Spring-Ford is out. This also switches OJR and Haverford seeds.

Bensalem is in at 16 with win and Spring-Ford loss. Upper Darby (at 14)/Ridley (at 15) winner is in.

This is, of course, all unofficial and there are many combinations of results not addressed. Feel free to ask about other scenarios and I will do my best to run them.

How does DEast fall behind Coatesville if they both win? Coatesville is playing 5A Shanahan and DEast is playing 6A Avon Grove. If Perk Valley were to lose which is very possible, would everybody 3-7 simply move up another spot according to your ratings?

With that massive line blocking for Faison Pottsgrove has a very good chance of beating Perk Valley. Give Pennypacker the nod vs Perk Valleys first year coach

Pennypacker is very good, he's been doing it for a long time. He's proved to be a consistent winner. Who is PV's new coach? Where did their coach from last year go? I'm not as familiar with that league, but he had a lot of success recently, correct?

IAdelco:
Coatesville and D-town East are currently tied. Coatesville gets 120+70 bonus for a win. D East gets 140+50. So they end up in a tie, and first tie-breaker is head-to-head.

Perk Valley losing sends 3-6 up one spot. If Neshaminy was the 8, PV falls to 8 and Neshaminy jumps Pennridge to 6 based on head-to-head tie-breaker. If Pennsbury was the 8, it looks like PV would only fall to 7. Didn't catch that on the first run.

This is the PV Coaches second year as HC. Won the PAC last year and advanced to 3rd round of Districts losing to Garnet Valley. It is not his first year. He was OC on previous Coaches staff for years. He is a seasoned Coach.

Some interesting matchup possible ie rd 2, pennsbury vs neshaminy again and correct me if wrong but np vs coatesville at Crawford.

Nice work 705. A couple quick thoughts at first glance.

Pennridge and Quakertown is one of the biggest Thanksgiving games in our area. They could meet in round 1.

On paper it's ridiculous that Coatesville-North Penn could meet in the quarters. Also would be interesting based on the events at last year's game.

Neshaminy-Pennsbury could play twice in 3 weeks.

Definitely several strange possibilities. Pennsbury could see three straight rematches vs Penn Wood, Neshaminy and North Penn. A Perk Valley loss give you a potential Coatesville-Dtown East rematch in Round 2.

Hood: You had oringally projected the UD/Ridley winner in at #16 a few weeks ago. Now you only have UD in with a win and Ridley just out ( unless they get help). What changed i the past few weeks?

I had OJR losing to Spring-Ford and Penn Wood losing to Academy Park in Week 9. Both OJR and PW won, which gives them their respective seeds in the projection. Neither was previously projected to get in. Those results more or less pushed Ridley/UD down.

Speed: Just to clarify, I had the Ridley/UD winner in at 15, not 16, a few weeks ago. UD still projects as a 15 with a win. The two games I mentioned above don't affect UD much at all. OJR replaces SF as a higher seed, and PW hangs on below at 16. As you mentioned, Ridley needs a win and help. The OJR and PW wins denied them control of their own destiny.

Nice work 705. A couple quick thoughts at first glance.

Pennridge and Quakertown is one of the biggest Thanksgiving games in our area. They could meet in round 1.

On paper it's ridiculous that Coatesville-North Penn could meet in the quarters. Also would be interesting based on the events at last year's game.

Neshaminy-Pennsbury could play twice in 3 weeks.

Is Quakertown 5A OR 6A

Owen J Roberts and Spring-Ford do not have games this weekend. I guess the means OJR is safe and SF could be kept out by Upper Darby if they beat Ridley.

OJR hosts Upper Perk on Friday and S-F hosts Pope JP II. These are the crossover games week 10 based on the standings in the 2 divisions.

No problem newman, they weren't easy to find. I saw these games listed on max preps of all places.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT