ADVERTISEMENT

President Obama golfed too much

reluctant_to_comment

Feb 25, 2014
C7NN-cqVAAAwkzF.jpg

You dip**it, your source is MSNBC. It carries no validity. None. Do you really think that a weekend trip to Palm Beach where Trump stays in his own house, per se, is calculated correctly by PMSNBC? It's a wing of the democratic party with third-rate hosts like Rachel "Look What I Found" Maddow. Dunces.

The numbers are what the numbers are.

Also, when Trump stays at Trump properties or his campaign uses them he charges fees. You know he's already filed for the 2020 elections so he's actually campaigning right now and thus being reimbursed.

Dope.

Stage Two of the Five Stages of Grief is being played out - Anger in this case. Golf is part of doing business. Trump does it way less than Obama did. And Trump is a lot better, no doubt. Manage your anger and try to do something constructive.

"Trump does it way less than Obama did."

I'm starting to feel sorry for you. This is an outright lie. And the only reason I bring it up is because of how Trump used it to campaign. Now go back to burying your head in the sand.

"Trump does it way less than Obama did."

I'm starting to feel sorry for you. This is an outright lie. And the only reason I bring it up is because of how Trump used it to campaign. Now go back to burying your head in the sand.
First of all, I guess you lied when you said that you had blocked me!

I feel sorry for a poster who thinks that a US president cut the poster's pay by 20%. No, you will never live down that line. So, the idea of you feeling sorry for me is.........laughable.

Now, we know that you are still grieving and will be doing so for a long time. That's understandable, as libs' feelings get hurt very easily especially when their candidate is ousted, despite your statements about how much of a certainty it was going to be. Have you ever been more wrong? No, don't answer that!

Silly you for believing all campaign promises. And funny that I don't remember you posting about Obama's unkept campaign promises (closing Gitmo, keep your health plan, etc.). Is it only important when an anti-establishment guy is president? That's unfair and it hurts my feelings!

If you are actually keeping track of how much the current president and the former president golfed, you might have too much time on your hands and are therefore headed for another paycut.

Use some context and realize that it's different when Trump golfs with a prime minister of Japan vs. Obama golfing with some buddies from out of town. So, unless you have details about the number of golf outings and the people that each president golfed with, I'd advise you to get back to the cash register so that another paycut isn't on the way.

Facts suck...

Donald Trump's travel to his private club in Florida has cost over an estimated $20 million in his first 80 days as president, putting the president on pace in his first year of office to surpass former President Barack Obama's spending on travel for his entire eight years.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/10/politics/donald-trump-obama-travel-costs/
Now, you've just tried to change the argument from the amount of times each president golfs vs. the amount of money spent on trips to Mar-A-Lago. Two different things, but understanding this is well above your pay(cut) grade!

And who's profiting from Mar-A-Lago stays? That's right, Trump. Doesn't it bother you at all to see campaign promise after promise broken? I won't golf. I'll stay at the WH. I'll step away from my family business? Mexico will pay for the wall. Repeal Obamacare.

My only peace of mind is he'll be impeached before his term is through.

Last edited:
And who's profiting from Mar-A-Lago stays? That's right, Trump. Doesn't it bother you at all to see campaign promise after promise broken? I won't golf. I'll stay at the WH. I'll step away from my family business? Mexico will pay for the wall. Repeal Obamacare.

My only peace of mind is he'll be impeached before his term is through.
I think that too many things bother you, my friend.

It's actually comical to see you say that your "only peace of mind is he'll be impeached before his term is through." It points out the problem that you liberals have: no peace of mind! Always a grievance against something or someone, always negative. And your problem might also be due to no piece of mind!

Reactions: Fletchster1
Funny that you now are trying to change the topic to TRIPS to golf courses, rather than amount of time spent golfing. And you conveniently forget that Trump has hosted world leaders at Mar-a-Lago. You don't really know the number of times that Trump has golfed, do you? Anyway, this is all interference for short attention types like you to cling onto. It will continue even if Trump gets us to 3% or better growth. It's a matter of deflection, constantly stressing the negative even when there are many positives, as a means to keep up the delegitimization of Trump. As stated previously, if he gets the economy out of virtual neutral, solves North Korea, improves the immigration/crime problem, you and SNOWFLAKE are going to be looking for big buildings to jump off of!

Let's put it this way. If Trump golfed just once, it was more than Obama did in his first months in office. And why don't the American people require Trump to host world leaders at some place where Trump doesn't profit from? You're a joke that you won't even acknowledge him lining his own pockets.

Let's put it this way. If Trump golfed just once, it was more than Obama did in his first months in office. And why don't the American people require Trump to host world leaders at some place where Trump doesn't profit from? You're a joke that you won't even acknowledge him lining his own pockets.
My understanding is that the money that is spent on these trips covers transportation, secret service pay, etc. That is understandable. Since you are making the point that Trump is profiting, it's incumbent on you to prove that the US government is paying for rental or other services offered by Mar-A-Lago. If you can do it, we can continue to conversation. If not, you probably should back off. And if your argument is that Mar-A-Lago benefits by the publicity of these trips, that's again something that you should prove; and it would be debatable anyway.

You do realize that you lose credibility when you change the topic from "golfing" to "trips to golf courses"? On second thought, no, you probably don't!

Here's an easy one that maybe even you can answer. Does the secret service stay at Mar-A-Lago when Trump is there on the weekend or do they stay at the Hotel 6 down the road? If they stay at Mar-A-Lago .... Trump profits. So what is your answer?

I've offered a valid solution, if he wants to golf 4x as much as the guy he criticized for golfing. Just golf somewhere he doesn't profit from.

Here's an easy one that maybe even you can answer. Does the secret service stay at Mar-A-Lago when Trump is there on the weekend or do they stay at the Hotel 6 down the road? If they stay at Mar-A-Lago .... Trump profits. So what is your answer?

I've offered a valid solution, if he wants to golf 4x as much as the guy he criticized for golfing. Just golf somewhere he doesn't profit from.
You still haven't proven that he profits from stays at Mar-A-Lago. Show me documentation that the secret service is charged Mar-A-Lago rates when they stay there. I am all about the facts; if you can prove it, maybe we can have a discussion. If the taxpayer is not being charged something like $500/room by Mar-A-Lago, your point is moot. Let's see how you decide to take this story in another direction now.

ChristieFan you're an idiot. You think Mar-A-Lago is an all inclusive free stay for the President and all around him? That's why everyone has you blocked.

ChristieFan you're an idiot. You think Mar-A-Lago is an all inclusive free stay for the President and all around him? That's why everyone has you blocked.
You were asked to provide proof and you failed to do so. It's the end of this thread thanks to your incompetence!

If those documents were made available I would, but we're dealing with a WH which okays the selling of your browser history, yet won't produce WH visitor logs.

So we're back to a very basic question.....do you think the secret service and the Trump entourage stays at Trump resorts for free? If they are not free, then Trump is profiting.

It's a very easy question. Even for you.

Last edited:
That you guys will defend every stupid thing that comes out of Trump's mouth is astonishing.

Saw a poll of Republicans the other day.

2016: Do you think Russia is a trusted ally - 17%
2017: Same question - 56%

You guys defend anything!

If those documents were made available I would, but we're dealing with a WH which okays the selling of your browser history, yet won't produce WH visitor logs.

So we're back to a very basic question.....do you think the secret service and the Trump entourage stays at Trump resorts for free? If they are not free, then Trump is profiting.

It's a very easy question. Even for you.
Let's see, you raise a point and then try to end it based on your own speculation. Now we know why you get 20% paycuts! We know that you're not a lawyer, because your case wouldn't stand up in court!

That you guys will defend every stupid thing that comes out of Trump's mouth is astonishing.

Saw a poll of Republicans the other day.

2016: Do you think Russia is a trusted ally - 17%
2017: Same question - 56%

You guys defend anything!
You're still quoting polls? Very funny. Whose poll was it? Did you stop to think that it might have been used by the leftwing media, that is noting more than a wing of the Democratic party, to make a point? Nah!

You've conveniently overlooked trulla's post. Curious.
Do you need him to help you out? Also, at least spell the guy's name right; his IQ is about 100 points higher than yours, show him some respect! But seriously, I don't have time to click on links and watch videos and this is a board for people to explain themselves, with all due respect to TULLA.

When all else fails....there's always typos.
As always, you miss the point. He had to bail you out! And the article probably said nothing about your claim of Mar-A-Lago directly receiving funds. If I am wrong, let me know.

Last edited:
48 hours later and not one bit of proof to back the claim that Trump is benefiting financially from government officials staying at Mar-A-Lago.

ChristieFan you are looking pretty dopey right about now. You're argument is that government officials stay free of charge at the Trump properties and therefore no profit is made. Correct?

ChristieFan you are looking pretty dopey right about now. You're argument is that government officials stay free of charge at the Trump properties and therefore no profit is made. Correct?
First of all, you are blocking me, right? Why do you say you do something and then not live up to it?
To the point, it was you who raised the point; in fact, you raised the point weeks ago. You stated that Trump profited from this. Yet, to date, you have not supported the point with evidence. It's your move.

Another post without any text from you. Tell me where in that article that it is stated that the US government (with our taxpayer dollars) is paying Mar-A-Lago (and thus Trump) for personnel to stay at Mar-A-Lago? Explain it in the message box here on the board; don't use any more links. You can get this done on your own, right?

Based on your "work" here, you were lucky to have had your pay cut only 20%.

Not sure that this helps your argument.

"
WASHINGTON – With President Donald Trump making his seventh presidential trip this weekend to his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida, government watchdogs and Democrats are once again seeing dollar signs: namely, $3 million.

That's a widely used estimate of what each journey costs taxpayers. The figure comes from a government report on a trip President Barack Obama made to Palm Beach, Florida, but the report's author tells The Associated Press that it's a mistake to apply those findings to Trump's travel.

A conservative group that closely monitors presidential expenses puts the tab for each Mar-a-Lago visit closer to $1 million."

"Judicial Watch arrives at its $1 million figure by estimating flight time and typical Secret Service costs...."

I'll go with cost unknown for now.....

But it did provide good news...
"The GAO agreed to a Democratic request to price out a few of Trump's Mar-a-Lago trips, and its forthcoming report promises a more accurate estimate. The research could take months or, if the Obama report is any guide, years."

I hope the report provides itemized costs. I will reserve judgement until the report is issued.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT