ADVERTISEMENT

Postponed games and time changes

Too bad, we've gone soft, litigious and just plain stupid with, brace yourself........rain! Hide the kids, they say there's more ah comin!
The popular argument about grass fields is it's to expensive to re-sod. Really! (please save us from these people) but hold on, just a minute, yes here it comes, a flash of clairvoyance........Don't re-sod! Brilliant, here's your victory dance dude.

Ok, off to see CD-Harrisburg.

When Stalker goes to see a high school football game MaxPreps names one of the teams that is playing the best in its state (they tried naming them both but he said no).

Couldn't agree more Stalker. Even the rescheduling to different day/times is a ridiculous guessing game. I feel sick for Seniors like those at LaSalle or Chester...

District 1 Games

Chester vs. Tuscarora (Md.) game cancelled and will not be made up.

Haverford High vs. Strath Haven game has been moved to Saturday, 10/03 at 7:00pm

Bristol vs. New Hope Solebury game has been moved to Monday, 10/05 at 7:00pm

Abington @ Pennsbury game has been moved to Monday 10/05 at 6 PM
(Live Video of this game http://livestream.com/accounts/1274087

Last edited:
West Chester Rustin and Oxford football postponed to Saturday at 3:30 p.m.

New Hope vs. Bristol tonight postponed to Monday at 7:00.

Completely cancelling games is absurd. Because of a little rain? What a society we live in today. This nonsense never happened 35 years ago.

Eastern Pa Football says O'Hara-AP is rescheduled for Saturday. Seriously, to not play because of a little rain?? This is totally out of control. I would be pissed if I were LaSalle or Chester.

Based on attendance of the games played last night, I would expect more postponements on bad weather nights. The game I was at had empty stands no bands and was poorly played by the teams. Really strange and not much fun. As a player I loved rain & snow games but as a fan not so much. Bottom line loads of revenue lost last night if they played. With funding of the extras drying up this will be even a bigger factor in the future.

Based on attendance of the games played last night, I would expect more postponements on bad weather nights. The game I was at had empty stands no bands and was poorly played by the teams. Really strange and not much fun. As a player I loved rain & snow games but as a fan not so much. Bottom line loads of revenue lost last night if they played. With funding of the extras drying up this will be even a bigger factor in the future.
I agree with you 100% that this will be about money in the future.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT