ADVERTISEMENT

PIAA District 1 - Halfway Point

Fletchster1

Nov 22, 2004
1. North Penn - Running through everyone after struggling in W1.
2. Downingtown West - Not much competition overall, but nice win versus PV. Rustin is tough one.
3. CB South - Similar to DWest with close win over CB West.
4. Neshaminy - Smacked by NP with a close one over Emmaus. Big one tonight vs West.
5. Owen J Roberts - Only competition so far was PV where they didn't fare well.
6. Perkiomen Valley - Sleeper to make some noise.
7. Haverford - GV handled them but won all other games easily. Springfield and Ridley will tell the story.
8. Pennridge - Probable first round runner-up.
9. CB West - Middle of the pack.
10. Ridley - Not sure they can beat a playoff team.
11. Pennsbury - Probable first round runner-up.
12. Downingtown East - Could be a spoiler in playoffs.
13. Upper Darby - Not sure they can beat a playoff team.
14. Norristown - Not sure they can beat a playoff team.
15. Spring-ford - Not sure possible to do less with their roster. QB out now.
16. Plymouth-Whitemarsh - Might be a top 5 team in District 1.
17. Quakertown - Last second win catapult them to winning out?
18. Coatesville - Will make noise in playoffs.
19. Souderton - Jekyll and Hyde, but could win out.
20. Council Rock South - Outside chance of winning out.

PW (might get bored) and Cville (play both Dtowns, avoids Rustin) will climb up the playoff rankings in the coming.

2. Downingtown West - Not much competition overall, but nice win versus PV. Rustin is tough one.
4. Neshaminy - Smacked by NP with a close one over Emmaus. Big one tonight vs West.
7. Haverford - GV handled them but won all other games easily. Springfield and Ridley will tell the story.

PW (might get bored) and Cville (play both Dtowns, avoids Rustin) will climb up the playoff rankings in the coming.
Fletch: Ridley has 2 loses. I'm not sure they can beat Penncrest, GV, and Haverford.

Ridley vs. Penncrest should be an interesting game. Assuming everyone is healthy, Ridley would be significant underdogs vs. Haverford and GV.

3 undefeated teams currently, but we'll be down to 2 after this weekend. NP vs CBS in a battle of the undefeated. PW and Cville keep climbing this week. Pridge and Skins could be for a home playoff game. Fords have a tough one.

Fletch -

I sure hope the 'Skins see a playoff game. They'll have to go 3-1 the remainder of the run which does seem doable/possible (Pennridge, CB East and Pennsbury can be wins but I'm not banking on CB South -- and nothing against any of those teams, by the way).

We'll see soon enough.

And I'm probably stating the obvious.

Fletch -

I sure hope the 'Skins see a playoff game. They'll have to go 3-1 the remainder of the run which does seem doable/possible (Pennridge, CB East and Pennsbury can be wins but I'm not banking on CB South -- and nothing against any of those teams, by the way).

We'll see soon enough.

And I'm probably stating the obvious.
They should be a playoff team, but I'm thinking they'll come in at 6-4, with a loss to South and getting picked off by one of the other three teams. I just don't think they're at the level yet where they can run the table against those three. I think all three of those games could be one score in either direction. Their first win looked very promising, but their three wins since then came against teams with a combined three wins.

Watching them against West last week... they have size, talent (the QB was very impressive), and a good-sized roster. There's no reason that they shouldn't be competitive with the top teams in the league. Really at a crossroads with the upcoming coaching change. Hand it off to an assistant or get a full program reset with a new coach from outside the program?

I think it's currently wide open after 6 weeks. Obviously, a lot can happen over the next month and Friday night will give us a better idea of who's near the top of D1. My Bucks are middle of the pack based on that horrible loss to Souderton, but South needing two miracles to beat them says that if West gets healthy for November, and the weather turns cold... they'll be a tough out in the playoffs.

Reactions: lilromeo
The $64,000.00 question!

It does seem they have a fair amount of talent this year (and the roster looks like half the school is suited up).

The NP game they really weren't in it. Against CBW there were moments I kinda thought "maybe" before it just sort of slipped away.

Reactions: bucksftball
The $64,000.00 question!

It does seem they have a fair amount of talent this year (and the roster looks like half the school is suited up).

The NP game they really weren't in it. Against CBW there were moments I kinda thought "maybe" before it just sort of slipped away.

They almost always put up a good fight but that was a very short-handed West team that still ran for 275+ yards against the typically strong Neshaminy front four. (Clemens gave his usual incredible performance on both sides of the ball) Maybe I'm missing something, but I really think the Skins are a sleeping giant. Great stadium, community support, big school, big roster, nice mix of size and talent... seems to be all there. And the QB is only a junior? The future is bright, with the right hire.

In general for boundary high schools: Large roster is key, sign of a solid program not relying on a few superior athletes for a playoff run here and there. Maybe the Skins just need to learn how to win again...

1. CB South - Good wins over CB West & NP. Should finish 10-0 or 9-1.
2. Downingtown West - Good wins over PV and Rustin. Two tough ones remaining.
3. North Penn - Still have to beat CB West to remain at 1 loss.
4. Perkiomen Valley - Unknown 10/25 game will impact seed.
5. CB West - Could win out and finish 8-2.
6. Haverford - Nice win over Springfield. A win over Ridley has them 9-1 with only loss to GV.
7. Owen J Roberts - Unknown 10/25 game will impact seed.
8. Neshaminy - Could finish as high as 8-2 or low as 5-5, but most likely 7-3.
9. Ridley - Still not sure they can beat a playoff team.
10. Plymouth-Whitemarsh - Close versus Wissy? Still think they're a top 5 team.
11. Pennridge - Smashed in their three losses. Could lose out.
12. Souderton - Jekyll and Hyde, but could win out.
13. Coatesville - Two tough ones remaining. Will make noise in playoffs.
14. Downingtown East - Highest ranked 5-5 squad? Loses to NP, TRN, Rustin, and possibly Cville and DWest could help.
15. Spring-ford - Need to win 2 of last 3 to have a chance.
16. Pennsbury - Need to win 2 of last 3 to have a chance. Two tough ones remaining.
17. Quakertown - Should win out to 6-4.
18. CB East - Need to win 2 of last 3 to have a chance. Two tough ones remaining.
19. Council Rock South - Need to win 2 of last 3 to have a chance.
20. William Tennent - Going to be tough to win 2 of 3.

Dropped out:
23. Upper Darby - Not sure they can beat a playoff team.
21. Norristown - Not sure they can beat a playoff team.

Reactions: bucksftball
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT