ADVERTISEMENT

Peyton Falzone Drawing Recruiting Attention

RoverNation05

Aug 22, 2010
Summer camp season is starting to really put Peyton Falzone on FBS radars. The 6'5 200 pound rising junior led Nazareth to a D11 title last year after throwing for 2,582 yards and 19 touchdowns to 4 interceptions, while completing 61% of his passes, all as a sophomore. He also ran for 440 yards and 11 touchdowns and was the D11 runner-up in the 100. He was also a state qualifier in the 300 hurdles and took 4th in D11 in the 100 meter dash.

I said coming into the season that Falzone could end up the biggest recruit from the Lehigh Valley since Jahan Dotson and maybe the best QB recruit since...Dan Kendra? He's so much taller than Brendan Nosovitch that I think he'll end up higher than a three star. Well, in the last two weekends he's camped at Virginia Tech and Penn State, and landed offers from both. It wouldn't shock me to see the Nittany Lions take an early lead in his recruitment - they have a working relationship with Falzone's dad, Nazareth head coach Tom Falzone, through the Dotson recruitment and I think there's a level of comfort there. But he's a big-time athlete who I think is going to be a big deal over the next two and a half years.

That was fast - Peyton Falzone commits to Virginia Tech. QB dominoes falling quickly in 2026 nationally, no doubt Falzone influenced by Troy Huhn committing to Penn State the other day.

I think the last D11 quarterback to go to Virginia Tech was Jim Druckenmiller, who ended up a first round draft pick, so track record is great.

Reactions: bucksftball
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT