ADVERTISEMENT

Pennsbury at Downingtown West

705 Hood

Sep 22, 2017
Guys, give me some glimmer of hope for Pennsbury vs DTW. How would the planets have to align for the Falcons to have a shot? PHS can run the ball a little behind a big and mobile OL, but passing game and defense have been hot and cold. Have not seen DTW play but have seen the scores, so I know they are very good. One common opponent, Neshaminy: DTW 48-6, PHS 28-13. What can Pennsbury possibly do to hang around in this one?

D: Shut down the their jet sweeps and RPOs. QB will scramble in tight coverage
O: establish your passing game to loosen up the run defense.
Specials: Their kicker won't allow any returns.

Reactions: Stalker
DWest looked awesome again Redskins. I think you need to take the Coatesville playbook and get real physical. Isn’t it pound ground down there a few years back? Old school it and you got a shot. Spread it out and try to shoot it out like Redskins and it might be a mercy rule.

D: Shut down the their jet sweeps and RPOs. QB will scramble in tight coverage
O: establish your passing game to loosen up the run defense.
Specials: Their kicker won't allow any returns.

PHS had a tough time dealing with Abington QB running wide, although he was generally following a convoy of blockers. Passing game might be able to loosen up the D, as they will throw some short ones and take the occasional deep shot.

DWest looked awesome again Redskins. I think you need to take the Coatesville playbook and get real physical. Isn’t it pound ground down there a few years back? Old school it and you got a shot. Spread it out and try to shoot it out like Redskins and it might be a mercy rule.

PHS prior to McShane was know for Ground and Pound out of the WIng T or other power running formation. Now they still like to run but out of a spread shotgun formation, with 5 OL and 1 RB, and usually an H-back. Has been relatively effective, especially lately. The thunder/lightning duo at RB have both gone over 100 yards the last two games. So I suspect this is what they will try to establish, as you mentioned. They like to fling it once in a while but it is not as polished an operation as Neshaminy has.

Drew Hensor would certainly get you a lot closer to winning.... anyone know his status

Unfortunately Hensor is done for the year. Probably the best overall athlete on the team, was rotating at RB, starting at safety and returning kicks/punts when he got hurt vs Truman.

West is tough and can be explosive. 15, 16, and 22 can change games quickly. Let's Go Whippets!

PHS had a tough time dealing with Abington QB running wide, although he was generally following a convoy of blockers. Passing game might be able to loosen up the D, as they will throw some short ones and take the occasional deep shot.

PHS prior to McShane was know for Ground and Pound out of the WIng T or other power running formation. Now they still like to run but out of a spread shotgun formation, with 5 OL and 1 RB, and usually an H-back. Has been relatively effective, especially lately. The thunder/lightning duo at RB have both gone over 100 yards the last two games. So I suspect this is what they will try to establish, as you mentioned. They like to fling it once in a while but it is not as polished an operation as Neshaminy has.

thanks Hood. Didn’t Pennsbury take Neshaminy this year? Id take the win over polished any time.

Unfortunately Hensor is done for the year. Probably the best overall athlete on the team, was rotating at RB, starting at safety and returning kicks/punts when he got hurt vs Truman.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT