ADVERTISEMENT

Pennridge HC also resigns...

Are there issues at West prompting him to look elsewhere? He seems to have them on a really good track.
He does have them on a good track, but the reality is that Doylestown is not the football town that it used to be. One of his long time assistant coaches was fired recently from his job in the building and from coaching after a confrontation with a student who baited him and then recorded his reaction. West will also continue to lose players to the private schools, no matter how many good years they have, which will limit the "ceiling" that they can reach. Pennridge, to generalize, seems to have more "football players" in the building. But I know nothing about the community support of the coach and the program up there. I will say that I think Coach Rowan has been taken for granted in terms of what he's accomplished at West, under circumstances that aren't exactly improving in terms of talent in the building. Maybe that's just today's reality... parents will always think the team should have won one more game.

Reactions: HSFB99
He does have them on a good track, but the reality is that Doylestown is not the football town that it used to be. One of his long time assistant coaches was fired recently from his job in the building and from coaching after a confrontation with a student who baited him and then recorded his reaction. West will also continue to lose players to the private schools, no matter how many good years they have, which will limit the "ceiling" that they can reach. Pennridge, to generalize, seems to have more "football players" in the building. But I know nothing about the community support of the coach and the program up there. I will say that I think Coach Rowan has been taken for granted in terms of what he's accomplished at West, under circumstances that aren't exactly improving in terms of talent in the building. Maybe that's just today's reality... parents will always think the team should have won one more game.
25 seniors at Pennridge. Most of which saw playing time. The sleeping giant has room to expand. With the right coach at PR the RAMS should be in the mix every year. They'll get their guy and when they do... they roll.

Wow I did not realize that Bucks. Which coach was let go? That’s a shame. Any idea who would take over if he does depart?

Wow I did not realize that Bucks. Which coach was let go? That’s a shame. Any idea who would take over if he does depart?
O'Lear was let go, unfairly so based on what I've heard. (Kids seem to be running the schools these days in CBSD) Don't want to speculate as to who could be a successor as I do believe he's staying at this point.

25 seniors at Pennridge. Most of which saw playing time. The sleeping giant has room to expand. With the right coach at PR the RAMS should be in the mix every year. They'll get their guy and when they do... they roll.
No doubt, it's a fantastic opportunity for someone.

Are there issues at West prompting him to look elsewhere? He seems to have them on a really good track.
I heard there are issues ,but do not know what they are. My guess for now is Robb stays at West.

Thinking along similar lines....is Pridge considered a better opportunity than CBW West, $, teaching position aside, meaning raw potential as a FB program?

I think Pennridge has had, and will most likely continue to have, more talent than CBW. Pennridge certainly has the advantage of being insulated from many non-boundary schools. I’d have to think Central Bucks pays their teachers more than Pennridge, although I could be wrong.

Thinking along similar lines....is Pridge considered a better opportunity than CBW West, $, teaching position aside, meaning raw potential as a FB program?
I think as HSFB states, it's clearly had more talent overall in recent years... some of that is credit to the work that the kids are willing to put in in the weight room. Also as HSFB has noted, it's a tough drive from Perkasie to the schools that West loses talent to every year. As I've said before, just put the players from the West area that are at Lasalle back on the roster, and you're having much different conversations about the program and expectations. That's just the reality at West currently.

I think as HSFB states, it's clearly had more talent overall in recent years... some of that is credit to the work that the kids are willing to put in in the weight room. Also as HSFB has noted, it's a tough drive from Perkasie to the schools that West loses talent to every year. As I've said before, just put the players from the West area that are at Lasalle back on the roster, and you're having much different conversations about the program and expectations. That's just the reality at West currently.
Bucks... I didn't realize that there are alot of players going to LaSalle from inside the West boundaries.
Who are they?

Bucks... I didn't realize that there are alot of players going to LaSalle from inside the West boundaries.
Who are they?
Sean McFadden (2nd team PCL Red LB, rising senior)
Kieran Campbell (2nd team PCL Red DE, rising junior)
Stevie Davis - big contributor as a soph, budding star offensively, rising junior
Gavin Damon - competing this year for starting QB job, rising senior
Chris and Mike Fileppo - one transferred to LaSalle already, younger brother transferring at the end of the school year, rising senior, sophomore

Bucks, after learning about some of these things, I’m having trouble seeing why the coach wouldn’t leave for Pennridge? Any insight on that? I know the grass isn’t always greener, but it sure appears so in this case!

Bucks, after learning about some of these things, I’m having trouble seeing why the coach wouldn’t leave for Pennridge? Any insight on that? I know the grass isn’t always greener, but it sure appears so in this case!
No idea. At West he’s in the building so I’m not sure what Pennridge was able to offer. I’m sure there’s a lot that goes into a move like that, especially to a conference rival.

Reactions: lilromeo
No idea. At West he’s in the building so I’m not sure what Pennridge was able to offer. I’m sure there’s a lot that goes into a move like that, especially to a conference rival.
Sometimes it gets down to a career move. Look at the Wood coach now at Rutgers . And he didn't set the world on fire .

Thats always been the situation with both lasalle and Wood drawing talent away. germantown Academy also grabs a few .

Reactions: bucksftball
I think Pennridge has had, and will most likely continue to have, more talent than CBW. Pennridge certainly has the advantage of being insulated from many non-boundary schools. I’d have to think Central Bucks pays their teachers more than Pennridge, although I could be wrong.
Good point HSFB99 on other school's proximities. And I had no idea West was losing such #s to LS. Geez!

I think Pennridge has a way higher ceiling than CBWest. My numbers may not be the most current but I believe CBW has the smallest enrollment numbers than any of the other Central Bucks schools (CBE, C South). That alone would limit their ceiling before you get into the Wood - LaSalle - Germantown Academy recruiting stuff.

I think Pennridge may have 600 - 700 more students in the building than CBW. Pennridge is a big school with three middle schools feeding into the program, huge opportunity for someone.

Just a quick Google search for what it's worth, the average teacher salary at Pennridge is $89k, at Central Bucks $86k.

Agree with your points Jhoops. For what it’s worth, this upcoming cycle Pennridge has 767 boys, CBW has 758. That’s a narrower margin than I expected.

Pennridge players were active on Twitter yesterday looking for a path forward. Sounds like they’re not currently on the field pending a decision on the new coach / staff?

Pennridge players were active on Twitter yesterday looking for a path forward. Sounds like they’re not currently on the field pending a decision on the new coach / staff?
Weight room closed and Asst coach cancelled on players who were going to a linemen competition.

My assumption would be they aren’t hiring the assistant coach who applied if things are being canceled. Now, if they aren’t getting the CBW coach, does anyone know who the favorite is? I can’t imagine they are going back to Cuthbert.

My assumption would be they aren’t hiring the assistant coach who applied if things are being canceled. Now, if they aren’t getting the CBW coach, does anyone know who the favorite is? I can’t imagine they are going back to Cuthbert.
I believe Cuthbert went 11-3 his last year at PR. He would be a big improvement. If he's the guy, he walks into a program with 25 seniors on the team.

Reactions: lilromeo and HSFB99
I believe there is a board meeting tomorrow night. Does anyone know who the new coach will be? Cuthbert? Thanks.

I believe there is a board meeting tomorrow night. Does anyone know who the new coach will be? Cuthbert? Thanks.
Nothing on the agenda yet or on the minutes from the June 7 personnel committee meeting. Coach Burgy has been tweeting out about the team, he was the assistant that some of the players wanted hired. I guess we find out tomorrow, have to make a hire then I'm assuming, can't let it go another month.

Wow I hope they get someone in place soon. Camp will be here before you know it.

Well last week has come and gone. I haven’t seen anything. I suspect they promoted the assistant coach?

Well last week has come and gone. I haven’t seen anything. I suspect they promoted the assistant coach?
I haven’t seen any type of announcement but Burgy seems to be running everything as if he’s either been named or expects to be.

I haven’t seen any type of announcement but Burgy seems to be running everything as if he’s either been named or expects to be.
IT'S OFFICIAL!!! Burgey has been named Pennridge HC. Buckle up your chin straps really tight SUB1 !!!

I sense some sarcasm? Lol. I know nothing about him, but congrats coach and best of luck!

LOL I did get a good chuckle out of the “national search.” They circulated that immediately. Then the final 3 candidates were a coach down the road, current assistant and their own former HC LOL. So much for national…

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT