ADVERTISEMENT

PCL Weak Games Schedule

TDjones22

Feb 5, 2015
I saw that Carroll is playing Olney tonight, 55-0, better off playing your own JV. What a joke to schedule that.

O'Hara week 2 Vs Mastbaum....... Really?

Arch Ryan week 3 plays Edison.... I repeat Thomas Edison FOOTBALL, i think they won 2 games in the last 40 years....

My prediction the total score of all 3 games will be 135-0.......

Carroll plays LaSalle and Prep back to back. Not to mention they play Wood as well.

Ryan plays Judge, Wood, and Lasalle in a 3 week span.

Here's one for you : Ohara up 38-0 late in the 2nd quarter and they call a time out with .8 seconds left in the half so they can score again to go up 45-0 at the half.

Reactions: TDjones22
I saw that Carroll is playing Olney tonight, 55-0, better off playing your own JV. What a joke to schedule that. .
O'Hara week 2 Vs Mastbaum....... Really?

Arch Ryan week 3 plays Edison.... I repeat Thomas Edison FOOTBALL, i think they won 2 games in the last 40 years....

My prediction the total score of all 3 games will be 135-0.......
How about Coatsville vs Simon Gratz, You can find these all over .

Gratz will lose to Coatesville and Tep on their way to third straight Public League title. Hardly the same as playing the cupcake O'Hara and Carroll are playing Lilromeo. Get a clue!

Carroll plays LaSalle and Prep back to back. Not to mention they play Wood as well.

Ryan plays Judge, Wood, and Lasalle in a 3 week span.
ryan starts with bartram everyone keeps raving about there qb a position he will never play at the next level

Gratz will lose to Coatesville and Tep on their way to third straight Public League title. Hardly the same as playing the cupcake O'Hara and Carroll are playing Lilromeo. Get a clue!
Gratz will lose to Coatesville and Tep on their way to third straight Public League title. Hardly the sam[/QUO
Coatsville which is one of the top teams in the state ,playing Gratz to me is the same as those other matchups. Its all relative . BTW thanks for the clueless remark.

Coatesville playing Gratz is nowhere near O'Hara Playing Kipp etc, Gratz is a decent program that Zipay runs for years now he contends every year. I almost called it with Carroll 55-0 but it was 48-12, Wait till you see Ryan Edison & O'Hara Mastbaum... I just don't get it, Ryan & Ohara are decent programs why in the world would they play teams who honestly couldn't beat that HIgh schools Freshman team, that's truthful

Ryan is going to struggle this year and those games against Bartrum & Edison may very well be the only games they win this Year. They lost their top 2 players/playmakers (Jaye McNeil & Shamar Edwards), Romano graduated and they lost 4 of their 5 starting lineman (2 who were all-catholic), they definitely have an uphill battle to evem be competitive this year.

McNeil was easily their best player/playmaker & is now gone. He transferred out & is at NE now. He also had knee surgery in the beginning of July (torn lateral meniscus) & may miss his entire Sr. season. He's rehabbing hard and trying to be back and play for NE by the beginning/middle of Oct. but the Drs gave him a 4-5 month rehab timeframe, so he may not even see the field this year.

Edwards was definitely their other major playmaker and he transferred out to North Penn back in the Spring. Definitely going to be hard pressed for Ryan to replace their production & they very well could be in for a long season.

Coatesville playing Gratz is nowhere near O'Hara Playing Kipp etc, Gratz is a decent program that Zipay runs for years now he contends every year. I almost called it with Carroll 55-0 but it was 48-12, Wait till you see Ryan Edison & O'Hara Mastbaum... I just don't get it, Ryan & Ohara are decent programs why in the world would they play teams who honestly couldn't beat that HIgh schools Freshman team, that's truthful
why would alabama play chattanooga

Ryan is going to struggle this year and those games against Bartrum & Edison may very well be the only games they win this Year. They lost their top 2 players/playmakers (Jaye McNeil & Shamar Edwards), Romano graduated and they lost 4 of their 5 starting lineman (2 who were all-catholic), they definitely have an uphill battle to evem be competitive this year.

McNeil was easily their best player/playmaker & is now gone. He transferred out & is at NE now. He also had knee surgery in the beginning of July (torn lateral meniscus) & may miss his entire Sr. season. He's rehabbing hard and trying to be back and play for NE by the beginning/middle of Oct. but the Drs gave him a 4-5 month rehab timeframe, so he may not even see the field this year.

Edwards was definitely their other major playmaker and he transferred out to North Penn back in the Spring. Definitely going to be hard pressed for Ryan to replace their production & they very well could be in for a long season.
mcneil won't touch the ball this year especially on that team

on NorthEast??? if he comes back, I seriously doubt that. A two-time all Catholic running back not being good enough to run the ball for public school team, not quite sure I agree with you.
if it was washington i understand but not ne they have a good enough back ryan was his only chance on field.and the 2 rb ryan have will do the same he did play well against the good teams and do nothing against the power 3

if it was washington i understand but not ne they have a good enough back ryan was his only chance on field.and the 2 rb ryan have will do the same he did play well against the good teams and do nothing against the power 3
i meant play well against bad teams and and do nothing against the power 3

Reactions: CYOBALL1
I like what Gratz has done but they had no chance of competing with Coatsville ,one of the best teams in the state. That's what I was comparing TD,its all relative.

Reactions: Mddlefnger215
Unfortunately, right now we may not even know, he may not even play this year at all after having knee surgery in July. Hopefully he's able to rehab and get back on the field this year and we won't have to wonder and debate, we'll actually find out.

i meant play well against bad teams and and do nothing against the power 3
Ahhhhh, I see now, you're one of his haters, or maybe his biggest hater (same person that hides behind anonymous text, lol). Makes sense now, but no worries, You can continue to do so, he's used to it, lol. Funny thing is though, he didn't even play in the LaSalle or prep games last year and he also only played the first series or two in the first wood game , he was out with a concussion against lasalle, roman and prep and missed the most of the 1st wood game with a hyperextended knee. But hey, ur entitled to ur opinion, But the coaches at NE definitely dont seem to have ur same sentiment! they cant wait for him to be cleared, but again, no need to debate, if he makes it back on the field, we'll see what happens and wont have to debate about it, we'll actually see! Thats the beauty of playing the games.

Ahhhhh, I see now, you're one of his haters, or maybe his biggest hater (same person that hides behind anonymous text, lol). Makes sense now, but no worries, You can continue to do so, he's used to it, lol. Funny thing is though, he didn't even play in the LaSalle or prep games last year and he also only played the first series or two in the first wood game , he was out with a concussion against lasalle, roman and prep and missed the most of the 1st wood game with a hyperextended knee. But hey, ur entitled to ur opinion, But the coaches at NE definitely dont seem to have ur same sentiment! they cant wait for him to be cleared, but again, no need to debate, if he makes it back on the field, we'll see what happens and wont have to debate about it, we'll actually see! Thats the beauty of playing the games.
no i actually like what he did samir did the same and the 2 they have this year are gonna do the same it's a 3 team league the rest are just tune ups.just like the public it's imhotep and ne everyone else is a practice

no i actually like what he did samir did the same and the 2 they have this year are gonna do the same it's a 3 team league the rest are just tune ups.just like the public it's imhotep and ne everyone else is a practice
I absolutely agree with you, the red division is clearly a three team race, & will probably be that way for the foreseeable future. As for ryan, i hope Jefferson and Minniti have a great years this year, they're both great kids and both have good talent! I hope they are able to take a advantage of the opportunity they have now with him not being there anymore. but to say & think he's not going to touch the ball at Northeast is just crazy. Him and the kid Danny will be a good 1-2 punch, two very different running styles that give them more divesity and weapons on offense. they will definitely complement one another, if he's able to get back on the field

In fairness to Ryan they were dropped by another team in May. They posted that they needed a game and Edison responded. Very difficult to find a game that late.

He's a nice player. Nothing special. I wouldn't put a whole lot of weight into the All Catholic voting. If you carry the ball 25 times a game in the PCL you are voted All Catholic. They even make FB a position on the ballot and FB's aren't involved in 3/4 of the offensive schemes in the PCL.

Last edited:
The flip side of scheduling a weak team is a team playing up. A few years back a new coach at a Philadelphia public league school asked Cardinal O'Hara for a game. O'Hara, at this time, was at the top of their game. I asked the new coach why he would schedule a power like O'Hara. He said he wanted his team to see what a good team was like - to see how they acted, how they reacted, how they played the game. The score, to this new coach, was immaterial. He wanted his team to grow, to get better. When the O'Hara team bus came to the field, the public school team was there to meet them. This new coach wanted to show his team that these kids were just like them.

I agree with you there, BUT Ryan playing Edison is pathetic, i only see it as a easy Win and to Pat up there stats. You will see what i mean.

@Mddlefnger215 I don't think Ryan was supposed to be a easy win, Me personally had Bartrum winning that game. They are well coached and have a really good athletic QB that proved to be to much for Ryan...

Wow, really? That sucks!!!! They definitely seem to be snowballing in the wrong direction this year, and it's a shame because Frank is a REALLY GOOD dude & he absolutely tries his best to keep those kids in line. He definitely is a good role model & does everything right to help mentor his kids. Hopefully they can get it headed in the right direction and try to make some noise this season. Were the kids that got in trouble starters or contributors?

Reactions: lilromeo
Wow, really? That sucks!!!! They definitely seem to be snowballing in the wrong direction this year, and it's a shame because Frank is a REALLY GOOD dude & he absolutely tries his best to keep those kids in line. He definitely is a good role model & does everything right to help mentor his kids. Hopefully they can get it headed in the right direction and try to make some noise this season. Were the kids that got in trouble starters or contributors?
idk was talking to a ref he told me

I agree with you there, BUT Ryan playing Edison is pathetic, i only see it as a easy Win and to Pat up there stats. You will see what i mean.

Or, it was May when they were dropped and if you want a game at that point then you can't be picky. Do you really believe Ryan sought out this type of game to pad the stats? Cmon.

So far I'm at 87-12...... save the best game for last next week. I'll make a prediction, Ryan won't punt and Edison will not get a 1st down.

IDK bud. i got some info on those suspensions (or kids that got kicked off the team) & the info i got is that their best playmaker this year (Mike Minniti) & one of their Captains are the 2 Srs. tht got kicked off the team (i hope its not true, but i heard from a pretty good source close to the team). Not sure who the other kid or kids were, but if the story i got is true & they lost Minniti now too, that's going to really put them deeper in a hole for talent & playmakers. IDK if I would just chalk Edision up in the loss column in this game anymore. Could be a much closer game than we would traditionally think. I hope the rumors arent true & are just that, runors. Mike is a good kid & so is the other Sr.!

So like I said Ryan playing terrible competition like Edison should never happen. Beat Edison 42-0... that was also the halftime score.

129-12 was the total for the 3 games. Like I said 3 weeks ago my prediction was 135-0......close enough? Easy money lol

I'll take a 30 pack for my Nostradamus like skills. :)

Reactions: roxychknpoxy
So like I said Ryan playing terrible competition like Edison should never happen. Beat Edison 42-0... that was also the halftime score.

129-12 was the total for the 3 games. Like I said 3 weeks ago my prediction was 135-0......close enough? Easy money lol

I'll take a 30 pack for my Nostradamus like skills. :)
they have enough problems a game like this just keeps them on team after the suspensions but all honesty would you rather have a game or sit a week

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT