ADVERTISEMENT

PCL Free Agency has begun

CYOBALL1

Jul 20, 2012
Whelp it looks like the Catholic League powerhouse from Warminster is active in free agency once again, seeking out yet another one year deal.
Wood is looking to bring in RC QB Anthony Butler.
A coach from Wood's staff has been in contact with the Junior QB and text's him daily.
Pathetic!

To be fair to AW, I am sure this is one of many players they are sending texts to. I don't appreciate the shot you are taking. You think they are slacking?

Howie Roseman can take a few lessons from Saint Steven of Warminster......but it's early yet, I'm sure we'll see a few all-league Senior mercenaries filter in from the Phila. and Suburban public leagues by August camp.

Whelp it looks like the Catholic League powerhouse from Warminster is active in free agency once again, seeking out yet another one year deal.
Wood is looking to bring in RC QB Anthony Butler.
A coach from Wood's staff has been in contact with the Junior QB and text's him daily.
Pathetic!
Last year the Wood bashers were screaming for Wood to step up their schedule , so if true ,Bergan Catholic and St. Joe Prep are indeed on this years schedule they will need all the talent they can muster to meet the challenges of their schedule. That said, I am not a proponent of Heavy duty HS recruiting . I do know from past experience that some recruitment situations are very much exaggerated. I'm not saying this is true here ,but I think these things can often be blown way out of reality.

Last year the Wood bashers were screaming for Wood to step up their schedule , so if true ,Bergan Catholic and St. Joe Prep are indeed on this years schedule they will need all the talent they can muster to meet the challenges of their schedule. That said, I am not a proponent of Heavy duty HS recruiting . I do know from past experience that some recruitment situations are very much exaggerated. I'm not saying this is true here ,but I think these things can often be blown way out of reality.

l-romeo,
Yes, things can be blown out of reality my brother... HISTORY and FACTS have told us another story on the inter-dealings of St. Steven and his staff.

I know they have been in touch with Butler, but it's not going to happen. I am to understand Wood will not look for/accept Senior transfers. I am also to understand that there are some on the staff that are not happy about this.

I know they have been in touch with Butler, but it's not going to happen. I am to understand Wood will not look for/accept Senior transfers. I am also to understand that there are some on the staff that are not happy about this.

Wood called Roman this week requesting Anthony's transcripts.

Maybe I'm wrong but how is this remotely legal in terms of PIAA? If the kid left for an INTERAC school then ok, but how can a kid be openly recruited by a fellow "competitor"? I get the feeling that these coaches that people on this board deem as "awesome coaches" couldn't win with average talent or kids who need to be coached up. Could they?

Wood called Roman this week requesting Anthony's transcripts.
It sounds like they're trying to get this "transfer" done now so he can finish his Junior year there, thereby making him, in their eyes at least, a Junior transfer.

I thought king from judge was going there friends with blackshear
This makes more sense than trying to recruit as was mentioned. Delcofootball is correct , you just cant do that as far as everything I have read .Lets see how this plays out.

Maybe I'm wrong but how is this remotely legal in terms of PIAA? If the kid left for an INTERAC school then ok, but how can a kid be openly recruited by a fellow "competitor"? I get the feeling that these coaches that people on this board deem as "awesome coaches" couldn't win with average talent or kids who need to be coached up. Could they?

What I've said about Snyder for years. His last two QBs "transfered" in. Kids come in from across the river. He had one of the largest enrollments in the state. He was .500 by default.

Not one bit surprised. The Woods and Imhoteps will continue to do this until somebody has the balls in the Archdiocese/Public League/District 12 to step in

Can i play devils advocate in regards to Roman.....Doesn't Roman's basketball team do the same thing? A kid will never transfer just to transfer. There has to be communication from "somebody" between the 2 parties involved

Not one bit surprised. The Woods and Imhoteps will continue to do this until somebody has the balls in the Archdiocese/Public League/District 12 to step in

Can i play devils advocate in regards to Roman.....Doesn't Roman's basketball team do the same thing? A kid will never transfer just to transfer. There has to be communication from "somebody" between the 2 parties involved
Imhotep doesn't have to recruit every kid inside the city limits wants to go there !

So the kids from Judge and Neumann that went there had no prior contact with an Imhotep coach prior to leaving? Gimme a break

Gentleman this is not that bad down here in the dirty dirty south what you guys are referring to we call Tuesday.. Our choice transfer period begins this month followed by the magnet transfer period.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT