ADVERTISEMENT

Parkland 16 - LaSalle 13 (OT) FINAL

RoverNation05

Aug 22, 2010
Good game through two quarters. LaSalle had the ball the entire first quarter, Parkland had the ball the entire second. Trojans just missed a golden opportunity, returned an interception with 46 seconds left all the way to the LaSalle 23, but came away with no points as Cross chose to scramble rather than throw it away and couldn't get out of bounds in the final 10 seconds.

Cross has thrown two interceptions, one on the first play they ran and one at the goal line after a 90 yard drive. Too man missed opportunities so far to beat a good team.

LaSalle has moved it at will through the air in small chunks against Parkland. Only getting behind the chains when they throw it down field. They also tackle exceptionally well, no big plays after the catch or in the open field for Parkland.

I'm watching on TV in the Lehigh Valley on local cable. Not sure there's that option in Philly.

Parkland drove to the LaSalle 26, but Yeboah just lands out of bounds on a diving catch in the end zone, then Cross missed high on what would have been a fourth down conversion.

LaSalle facing 2nd and 41 from their own 7 when the quarter starts after two holds, a false start, and a sack.

LS bending but not breaking and Parkland unable to close. I like LS to win this one.

LaSalle kicks a 26 yard field goal, 4:56 left. End of the first half will be the death of Parkland, will not connecting with Panella on the 4th down throw in the third quarter.

Yeboah just dropped a 30 yard TD. Then a Rinella pass break up. 4th and 4 from the 30 here.

awful ticky-tack pass interference penalty, drive stays alive. Minimal contact at best.

Although, announcer is saying uncatchable is not a PIAA rule, so where the ball was doesn't matter. But it did not look like much contact.

Interception on a Hail Mary to end regulation. Cross does not look healthy at all on the return. He got banged up on that last drive on a carry inside the ten.

Cross scores on a four yard QB power, got a great block by Brouse to clear out space.

On the first down play, then ran a trick play, Nolan Ridgway took a jet sweep and looked to throw, nobody open, smart enough to tuck it and reverse field, and picked up six yards on the carry.

awful ticky-tack pass interference penalty, drive stays alive. Minimal contact at best.

Although, announcer is saying uncatchable is not a PIAA rule, so where the ball was doesn't matter. But it did not look like much contact.
Last year, Parkland took a bad call and was told to shut up, you lost. That's what I say now. Not to you, Rover, but to the PCL.

Last year, Parkland took a bad call and was told to shut up, you lost. That's what I say now. Not to you, Rover, but to the PCL.
The defender had Yeboah by the shoulder pad, turning his body. It was quick, but it was what happened.

EPC, Zambelli said the same thing, that after the false start last year, there was some turnabout fair play.

LaSalle was penalized 11 times, I think I counted six false starts and four holds. None of those were suspect on replay, and they got away with one on the 4th down throw that set up that field goal (lineman got beat and pulled Hohman down from behind by the shoulder pad to prevent the sack). I also thought the ball was out on the play where Isaiah Jones was hurt at the 25, but they ruled him down.

That all said, the PI was bad.

Reactions: EPC FAN
congrats Parkland. Looking forward to next Saturday. I like UD to go to Hershey. Unless LS,prep and Wood pickup their recruiting you can put a fork in the PCL.

There was contact, I don't dispute that at all (I'd have to see again if his hand was under the shoulder pad, it was definitely in that area). but that's a big spot to throw the flag without something egregioius happening.

congrats Parkland. Looking forward to next Saturday. I like UD to go to Hershey. Unless LS,prep and Wood pickup their recruiting you can put a fork in the PCL.

Put a fork in the PCL? WTF are you talking about? All 3 will be in position for deep state playoff runs again next year.

By the way, West Catholic beat Dunmore 28-10 to advance to AA semis. I guess the PCL isn't quite finished yet, right?

I was at the game and I do not have a horse in the race but felt the officiating was terrible for that size of game. Thought the PI call was nonexistent. No way I throw that flag on that play. Not sure what the total count of penalties was but definitely thought they were a significant amount of calls more against LaSalle. Hate to see officials have a say on the outcome of game

Part of the reason there were so many penalties is LaSalle jumped every time Parkland's defensive line shifted. And on that counter looking run to Madden, every time they didn't get the seal block on the edge, they'd drag Parkland's DE down from behind. I think all of the holding calls came on the exact same play.

That is the beauty of television, they run everything back for you.

Reactions: EPC FAN
Don't forget after the interference call, they called unsportsmanlike on Steinmetz!! Moved the ball closer. La Salle did well to keep them to a field goal!!

Reactions: pcc64
Who were those putrid excuses for refs? That was THE WORST refereed game I have ever watched. Parkland was holding on every offensive play. If the refs are gonna call it then call it both ways. They obviously were paid to call the game for parkland. The pass interference call was horrendous, anyone that knows anything about football can admit that, otherwise you might as well be at the same football IQ level as those dopey refs.

Who were those putrid excuses for refs? That was THE WORST refereed game I have ever watched. Parkland was holding on every offensive play. If the refs are gonna call it then call it both ways. They obviously were paid to call the game for parkland. The pass interference call was horrendous, anyone that knows anything about football can admit that, otherwise you might as well be at the same football IQ level as those dopey refs.

Cry Baby

The LaSalle twitter feed features two different video clips of the PI call. The official was well-positioned and made what seems clear to me--not a LaSalle fan--a terrible call.

Does the PIAA do any ongong evaluation of officials? They certainly should.

I'd be interested in hearing from anyone who was there or who saw the game on TV 1) which team was the better team and 2) whether the officiating was bad and one-sided (not necessarily the same thing) through the game as a whole.

00shoe, you must not watch much football. I watched from an unbiased perspective, that was a horrible refereed game. Anyone with a sports sense would know that. If you played sports before you would know, leave it in the kids hands. They called holding on 20% of lasalle plays. You can call holding on every play if you want to, parkland held most of the game. It's just sad the refs forced themselves to be a part of the game when they had no right to do so. It was amateur hour.

Who were those putrid excuses for refs? That was THE WORST refereed game I have ever watched. Parkland was holding on every offensive play. If the refs are gonna call it then call it both ways. They obviously were paid to call the game for parkland. The pass interference call was horrendous, anyone that knows anything about football can admit that, otherwise you might as well be at the same football IQ level as those dopey refs.[/QUOTE wawawa. Keep crying

I have no problem with all the procedure penalties called on La Salle. Parkland was making the La Salle line flinch. I understand that. But the personal fouls?? "First and 41!" Parkland's number 15 was mugging the defensive backs all day to gain position, but that ain't how the refs saw it. You'll forgive me if I don't wish Parkland good luck for a couple of days!

Where were the refs from? Obviously, not D-11 or D-12. Probably not D-1. WC /Dun had a D-4 crew. So, I'm thinking D-3 may of had this game.

Not sure the PIAA reviews this type of thing. I think district assigners do that type of thing with their own guys. At this point I do think the PIAA requests that the "better" crews are assigned from each district. So, that leaves it in the hands of that districts assinger. The D-12 assigner is a good guy and I know he takes his job seriously. I see him out evaluating all of the time. Can't speak on other districts.

I didn't see the LS game, but I did see that play. You can't make that call. The minimum contact didn't prevent the Parkland WR from catching that ball. A ball that appeared to be uncatchable anyway. Yes, I know the rule doesn't account for that, but at times as an official you need to use discretion to make the proper call. The WR didn't even turn around in time to see the pass and sailed well over his head and landed out of bounds.

Then, to boot they hit them with a second sideline warning. Cmon. Understand the heat of the moment and the importance of what's going on. Just another example of someone imposing power in a situation where having the power isn't needed.

Tough way to lose a game.

Where were the refs from? Obviously, not D-11 or D-12. Probably not D-1. WC /Dun had a D-4 crew. So, I'm thinking D-3 may of had this game.

Not sure the PIAA reviews this type of thing. I think district assigners do that type of thing with their own guys. At this point I do think the PIAA requests that the "better" crews are assigned from each district. So, that leaves it in the hands of that districts assinger. The D-12 assigner is a good guy and I know he takes his job seriously. I see him out evaluating all of the time. Can't speak on other districts.

I didn't see the LS game, but I did see that play. You can't make that call. The minimum contact didn't prevent the Parkland WR from catching that ball. A ball that appeared to be uncatchable anyway. Yes, I know the rule doesn't account for that, but at times as an official you need to use discretion to make the proper call. The WR didn't even turn around in time to see the pass and sailed well over his head and landed out of bounds.

Then, to boot they hit them with a second sideline warning. Cmon. Understand the heat of the moment and the importance of what's going on. Just another example of someone imposing power in a situation where having the power isn't needed.

Tough way to lose a game.[/QUQUOT way to lose graciously. It was all the refs fault. I hate that crap. How about parkland was just the better team that night.

Tough way to lose a game.

D3 officials. Things like this is why the PCL and PPL will NEVER all play in the same division and as you put it "put all their eggs in one basket".

The second flag on the pass interference play was a 15 yarder not a sideline. Ball went from the 31 to the 7.

Still a great year for LaSalle. The Parkland QB was hurt on the last play and was down on the field for a good 5 minutes. Looked like a lower leg injury. If he can' play UD will mercy rule Parkland. I look for UD to win by 10.

Hahaha these lasalle fans are the worst losers. Of course parkland didn't out play them. It was all the refs faults. Learn to lose graciously and quite your crying!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT