ADVERTISEMENT

PA Preps High School Football Talk

PAPreps.com

Jul 20, 2017
Find out what some of the top players in the state are saying about football now!

......................................................................................................

Q&A with Nazareth Area wide receiver Caleb Newsome
What have you been doing as of late with off-season workouts?
“I have been lifting with my team and doing 7 on 7 workouts.”

What do you feel you have improved on most since last football season?
“Catching the football.”

How do you feel your team will do next football season?
“I feel like that with my teammates and myself we will win a district championship.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“Parkland Trojans.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“Trey Tremba.”

......................................................................................................
Q&A with Danville outside linebacker Cameron Kiersch
“Right now I’m in the middle of lacrosse season, but all off-season I have been in the weight room, doing speed training, and 7v7.”

“I feel like I’ve gotten a lot more explosive and stronger.”

“We lost some seniors, but we have a lot of younger guys who have played a lot of football and we expect to be in the same position as last year.”

“We will play a lot of good teams in the area, like Southern Columbia, but Loyalsock has a lot of weapons and always plays a good game against us.”

“Probably the combination of Tyler Gee and Jaylen Andrews, they were tough to stop last year.”

Q&A with USO defensive back Xair Stevenson
“I lift and train with my Dad. I work out with 210ths 3 days a week and also train with Justin King for my 40-time. About to train with Delvon Randall for DB work and of course my school practices.”

“I improved a lot. Better techniques. Even more footwork. I got faster quicker and a lot more explosive since the season. Ready to show it off. My defensive ability to cover has improved so much as well.”

“We were a young team. Our seniors have been with each other since Freshman year so I feel like it is finally our year to make some major accomplishments.”

“Every team will be tough. I respect all opponents. So I don’t want to put a team in front of another.”

“I’m unsure. Honestly focused on being the best to help my team succeed.”

Q&A with Southern Columbia middle linebacker Dominic Fetterolf
“This off season I’ve been doing football camps, lifting, and speed and agility workouts.”

“I feel like I’ve improved on turning my hips and moving to get off blocks.”

“I think we can go for 7 state championships in a row.”

“I think Loyalsock or Danville will be one of the toughest teams we face this year.”

“Aaron Crossley from Wyoming Area will be one of the toughest we’ll go against.”

Q&A with Dallastown wide receiver Michael Scott
How did the high school football season go overall?
“The high school football season went ok but not to what our expectations were at the beginning of the season.”

What are your plans now with sports and workouts?
“My plans are to get faster and stronger and continue to train to get better and provide production in the run game, in the pass game, and in special teams.”

“I feel that my team is a very young group of kids which means we have a lot of learning to do but when we put it all together in the first game, it will be something special.”

“The toughest competition in our schedule will definitely be Manheim Township, they are an all-around very well coached team.”

“Juelz Goff.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News