ADVERTISEMENT

PA Preps High School Football Talk

PAPreps.com

Jul 20, 2017
Find out what some of the top players in the state are saying about football now!

......................................................................................................

Q&A with Central Bucks East offensive tackle Liam Powers
How has everything been going football wise as of late?
“We had a successful season made the playoffs and started preparing for next year the day after.”

Going forward, what do you feel your team can continue to improve on?
“We all need to spend more time in the weight room and with the playbook.”

Have you been pleased with your performances?
“Yes I have been I thought I had a great junior season and made an impact on both sides of the ball.”

How do you feel about the play of your team?
“I thought we all gave 100% and the young guys stepped up in a big way.”

What are your sporting goals going forward as of now?
“Continue to get bigger and stronger and help the team in any way I can and see the team do better than we did last year.”
......................................................................................................
Q&A with Imhotep Charter defensive tackle David Johnson
“Football has been going grate especially pushing on making a state championship run.”

“We just got to work on being discipline and cutting down on penalties we improved a lot.”

“Yes I’m doing what is best for the team and I’m loving it.”

“I feel great about our play we been working hard every week.”

“A state champion ship “
Q&A with Lakeland quarterback Dominico Spataro
“Football went great this year. We didn’t finish with our final goal of a district championship but I think we shocked a lot of people with our performances throughout the year. I was brought so close to everyone on the team and it was one of the most fun teams I’ve been on in a while.”

“Our team has a great work ethic and never backs down from sprints or workouts. We definitely need to get in the weight room this off-season and get to work. Get a lot stronger and faster. Another thing is just mastering the playbook.”

“I was definitely pleased with my performance this year. It was cool to hit 2000 passing yards and 3000 total yards but it’s only because of everyone else. My whole team is accountable for my performance. Whether it was my o-line creating a good pocket and keeping me from getting hit. Also creating a run game so the pass game can open up more. My wide receivers did an outstanding job all year and I’m most proud of them all being humble and knowing that there is four of them and the ball is going to get spread around between them all.”

“The team played great all year. We dealt with adversity so well this year. Everyone kept there heads up and never got knocked down. We had high energy in practice all year and because of that the whole year was so fun. Even though we didn’t win the district we still did a great job and showed a lot of people wrong.”

“My goals for next year are to definitely just do better than this past year. Pass and run for more yards. Have a bigger difference on defense. Do everything I could to make the team better without doing to much. But definitely just become a better leader and to lead by example. Have a better attitude to everything in football and be a guy that everyone could look at when things go wrong.”
Q&A with Cumberland Valley linebacker Bryce Beutler
“Football has been going good. I feel like our team is on a rise and we improved throughout the season.”

“We can improve by continuing to trust the process our coaches laid out for us and believe in our abilities.”

“I have been pretty pleased with my play made improvements from last season with my play in the run and pass game. but I’m not done still a lot of room to improve on.”

“I feel like the play of my team has come a long way since 2020, we have accomplished our goals but we know there are a lot of goals out there that we can attain so we can win championships.”

“My sporting goals are to win a championship make All Mid Penn, and become one of the best LBs in the state of PA. To do so I’m working on being stronger, faster and intelligent as an LB.”
Q&A with Crestwood running back Noah Schultz
“Football has been going pretty well. This last season I achieved 1,000 yards rushing on the season. I had a lot of fun during the season and I can't wait for the next one.”

“Next year will be my senior year. I think if our team puts in the right amount of work this offseason that we will be a really dangerous team. This year we will have more experience on the field and as a team playing together.”

“I am pretty satisfied with my performance, but there is always room for improvement and I will never deny that. I believe I can only get better as I move forward.”

“I feel like the play of our team wasn't as good as we wanted during the 2021 season, but it can't be denied that we had a young team. Since we lost a lot of players after the 2020 season, many younger guys had to take on very big parts on our team. I believe this year helped for many guys to get comfortable on the field, and we will play much better together next year.”

“N/A.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News