ADVERTISEMENT

PA Preps High School Football In-Season Talk

PAPreps.com

Jul 20, 2017
Find out what some of the top players in the state are saying about the football season now!

......................................................................................................

Q&A with Pope John Paul II defensive back DJ Clarke
How has everything with the football season been going so far?
“The season has been a lot of fun. It is good to be back to a normal schedule and not have to worry about certain restrictions with covid.”

Have you been pleased with how you have played this season?
“I am proud of the hard work I put in during the off-season and I can see some things I did pay off, but there is still work to put in and fix some things as always.”

How do you feel your team has played?
“I am proud of my team and how we have performed. We need to start stronger and I know we have not performed to the best of our abilities so and I am excited to prove to people what we can do as the season moves further along.”

What do you feel your team can improve on?
“We all have to improve if we want to achieve our goals for this season. We need to start games stronger and clean up mental mistakes. We haven’t been perfect in anything, so we have to work on everything.”

What are the keys for your team being successful going forward?
“The keys for our success this year is for everyone to do their job to the absolute best of their ability and to give 100 percent effort on every down of the game. If that happens I am confident that we will achieve our goals.”
......................................................................................................
Q&A with Hughesville linebacker Mikey Dylina
“It has been alright, we’ve been in some close games. And I’ve seen some improvement out of my team!!”

“I started off really well, my first carry was a 70 yard touchdown run. Unfortunately I fractured my foot and haven't played as much as I’d like. “

“I feel my team has played better than most have expected. And we are improving every week, every practice! We just have to climb that little hill and finish out some of our games the way we started and we will be pulling in wins!!”

“Don’t get too low with the lows and don’t get too high with the highs. Every team will have some adversity and you’ll have to fight through it!!”

“Pass rush. I believe we have some of the best pass rushers in the area and our secondary is a solid group of guys. We’ve had roughly 7 sacks going into this week and 5 interceptions. If our pass rush gets to the QB and makes him throw a bad ball our DB’s have a chance to make a play. I feel as they go hand and hand.”
Q&A with Cedar Cliff offensive lineman Claude Godineaux
“Everything has been going great, individually and as a team everything is off to a good start.”

“Yes, but I have a few areas I want to improve my game.”

“Great, we are 3-1 so far and feel good going into week 5.”

“Getting a fast start in games.”

“Everybody doing their job and keeping a tunnel vision.”
Q&A with Downingtown West quarterback Evan Wickersham
“It’s been a rollercoaster so far trying to find out our true identity, we’re starting to build now and get ready for the rest of the season.”

“So far this season has definitely had its ups and downs, but there are a lot of positives to take out of each week and there’s always room for improvement.”

“We haven’t played our best, and we still have to put it all together, but we’re building and getting better every day.”

“We can improve on limiting mistakes and focus more on ourselves.”

“To be successful going forward we need to trust each other and have each other's backs. We have to limit mistakes and stay focused.”
Q&A with Cedar Cliff offensive tackle Lucas Andrezeski
“This season has been pretty good. Our teams built a lot of chemistry which has helped us this year.”

“I think I’ve played well this year, but I know I have mistakes that I have to fix.”

“The team has played really well so far, we have highs and lows just like every other team. I think we really feed off of each other.”

“Penalties, that’s a problem I need to fix. But penalties have hurt us this year. We’ve had a lot of touchdowns called back due to penalties.”

“Stayed focused on the upcoming game. We can’t just live off of the win from the week before. We have to hit the reset button and get ready for the next game.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News