ADVERTISEMENT

Ok my Republican friends

sammyk

Oct 26, 2001
what the hell is going on ? After last nights debate in SC other than Kasich is anyone that is running not crazy

Every single one of them!! Kasich still can't get any airtime with all the BS going on! I'm still hoping the Dems draft Joe Biden!!!

Last edited:
I say get rid of the whole lot Dems and Reps
Ben Carson is crazy, Sammy? He had some of the most articulate, well-though-out responses that I have heard in some time. What is your reason for ignoring him? He is a high character guy and seems to be very likeable, much more so than anyone else on stage and certainly more so than the incapable one who is currently in the White House. In fact, I would say that there is not even a comparison to be made between Carson and obama in terms of character, intelligence, accomplishments, vision, etc. But you libs are blind to these factors, so you get what you vote for and the end result is more of the LPOF (liberal pissed-off factor). It is amazing to watch!

One more thing Sammy: the craziest statement of the political season so far came from Sanders when he said that something called global warming is causing terrorism. And notice that the libs didn't call him out on it, possibly because they believe it. Quite frankly, you have to be very stupid to believe that this is the case. The second craziest line was also from Sanders when he said, repeatedly, that everyone is going to go to college for free based on a tax that he is going to impose on Wall Street. I am surprised that he hasn't mentioned the tooth fairy yet; maybe that's next. Crazy liberals would simply nod their heads in agreement!

Well the over religious views of Carson are a turn off and the Pyramids were not for storing grain. Oh and you are right Sanders is a nut way way far left but he is the same nut as Cruz and Trump. If the election is between Sanders and either Trump ot Cruze we all my be screwed six ways to Sunday

Well the over religious views of Carson are a turn off and the Pyramids were not for storing grain. Oh and you are right Sanders is a nut way way far left but he is the same nut as Cruz and Trump. If the election is between Sanders and either Trump ot Cruze we all my be screwed six ways to Sunday
Agreed on the religion and pyramids. Those were some odd statements, but, as you know, the media is far more likely to magnify statements like those from a Republican than they are if the statements or actions are from a democrat. Like Joe Biden swimming nude in front of the secret service.

All of this stuff is trivial, of course, and the more important things we should be focused on are the ideas of and competency of the candidates. Here, Carson is outstanding. The lack of experience issue is not a factor, as obama had the same issue, having served only for very short periods of time and getting nothing done. In fact, if you look at their records before politics, Carson wins in a landslide as a outstanding surgeon vs. obama's record of community organizing in Chicago. If obama did such a good job, why is the city in such chaos. And, more importantly, what has obama done to reduce the violence in Chicago since he became president?

Don't you find it odd, Sammy, that a water crisis in Flint, Michigan, which was started by the democratic city council deciding to switch water sources, gets blamed on the Republican governor while the Chicago issues are never pinned on obama, even partially, despite his "history" in the city?

Dig deeper, Sammy, and look at accomplishments and things that really matter. Anyone could take one or two things that you or I do and make a big negative deal out of them. It's the power of the media at work.

The media sucks for sure but when it comes to Republican policies I just look at what is going on in my state. Republicans are killing education (public ) which is killing NC ability to compete with states with great public schools for future jobs and incomes. Also the the lack to recognize that the US will never go back to the 1950's as far as industry goes. And the evangelical thing is also keeping many behind, hey I am a Christian (Catholic) which in many places in the south does not even qualify as a Christian but that is another storY. Also the tea party thing has fractured what the Republican Party once was, People like Cruze, Palin and Phil Berger here inNC are a total turn off. Anyway there are things that I agree with that the Republican Party stands for but the attack on Public education, wages(right to work laws) over bible thumping, lack of progressive thinking, and fractured party is a total turn off.

The media sucks for sure but when it comes to Republican policies I just look at what is going on in my state. Republicans are killing education (public ) which is killing NC ability to compete with states with great public schools for future jobs and incomes. Also the the lack to recognize that the US will never go back to the 1950's as far as industry goes. And the evangelical thing is also keeping many behind, hey I am a Christian (Catholic) which in many places in the south does not even qualify as a Christian but that is another storY. Also the tea party thing has fractured what the Republican Party once was, People like Cruze, Palin and Phil Berger here inNC are a total turn off. Anyway there are things that I agree with that the Republican Party stands for but the attack on Public education, wages(right to work laws) over bible thumping, lack of progressive thinking, and fractured party is a total turn off.
You make some good points Sammy. The GOP definitely has some shaky characters and ideas. I'd have to learn more about the attack on public education in North Carolina, but it does sound like the GOP might be going overboard. With all of that said, conservative principles still win out by a landslide.

Not in the last two presidential elections they have not. I just wish that the Blue collar Democrat would come back

Not in the last two presidential elections they have not. I just wish that the Blue collar Democrat would come back
That's because the democrats had no idea who they were voting for in obama and because the GOP ran two weak candidates. With the LPOF being so high, there is no way anyone can claim that obama has been successful. You know this is true Sammy.

The past 2 presidents were unsuccessful. So pretty much we have had 16 years of crap.

The past 2 presidents were unsuccessful. So pretty much we have had 16 years of crap.
I agree Sammy. Both of the last two pretty much sucked. And we are still doing ok, but it's the future that could be difficult based on the debt buildup and other factors. It is amazing that none of the candidates on either side, other than Ben Carson, talk about actually starting to reduce the debt. It is critical to do so, unless we can grow the economy by 5% per year and see resultant large increases into the government coffers, allowing the debt to be paid down in spite of slight budget increases. But growing at 5% is difficult when the economy is $16 trillion annually.

Reactions: sammyk
Delco, you are spot on. The only one who hasn't resorted to childish behavior is Kasich, but he can't get any airtime because of the three leaders. An underlying reason for this is Obama. He's got this country so backed up with baggage, it's pissed so many people off to the point that we're no longer citizens but opponents. And please don't use the argument that Repubs have tried to block all of his agenda. Look at it from a Republican viewpoint. What makes all Dems think his plans would work. Maybe the Republicans saved the country from driving off the cliff by stopping some of his agenda. Part of that is Obama. Has he ever reached across the aisle with an open hand? I really don't think so. They past the ACA in record time,without reading it according to Nancy Pelosi. Is that statesmanship or railroading? How about you pick up a friggin' phone and invite some repubs to dinner.

And the candidates for the other side are great?? Hardly!! This country is screwed 10 ways to Sunday!!

From the beginning they wanted to make Obama a one term president. Screw working with those wack jobs and he tried the first few years and got shat on..... Please read this article and there are many more that prove my point..
http://swampland.time.com/2012/08/23/the-party-of-no-new-details-on-the-gop-plot-to-obstruct-obama/

"From the beginning they wanted to make him a one term president." And the dems don't try to keep a republican to one term? Stop it. It's the job of both parties to make sure the opposition loses the White House. Just one example of how they may have been trying to stop Obama from driving the country off the cliff. That 853 billion dollar stimulus package?? How much pork was in that bill? How'd it work out? Shovel ready jobs?? And he added a few more trillions to the debt. Please stop with the "He won't play nice" bull. Look up Charles Schumer's statement about not letting Bush get a chance to nominate a SCOTUS appointee. It's been going on for years from both sides. How did he try in the first few years? You seem to know.

Reputable economist's opinion: Any way it's not about Obama anymore it's about the next president and the supreme court and the GOP is a joke and everyone knows it. They are like elementary students calling each other liar and behaving like morons, not presidential candidates.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/in-defense-of-obama-20141008
Mentally ill patients like Paul Krugman are not reputable. The guy is a whack job, from the way he looks to the way he talks to his actual thought process. He is so baised that nobody takes him seriously enough to call him reputable, unless they are truly unaware. But don't worry, you lived up, or down, as it may be, to expectations!

"From the beginning they wanted to make him a one term president." And the dems don't try to keep a republican to one term? Stop it. It's the job of both parties to make sure the opposition loses the White House. Just one example of how they may have been trying to stop Obama from driving the country off the cliff. That 853 billion dollar stimulus package?? How much pork was in that bill? How'd it work out? Shovel ready jobs?? And he added a few more trillions to the debt. Please stop with the "He won't play nice" bull. Look up Charles Schumer's statement about not letting Bush get a chance to nominate a SCOTUS appointee. It's been going on for years from both sides. How did he try in the first few years? You seem to know.
Don't you wonder about guys who see things absolutely only one way, Paul? It is kind of humorous! But, then again, they are just saying what their media tells them to think and say!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT