ADVERTISEMENT

Next NP QB

coverandmove1

Dec 4, 2015
Anyone have info on next potential NP QB. Anyone in house or possible transfer again. Skill position guys returning in Henley, Haynes and Thomas. FB in Andrews and RB possibly Cartwright. Two returning O- Line starters makes for solid base for next year.

Anyone have info on next potential NP QB. Anyone in house or possible transfer again. Skill position guys returning in Henley, Haynes and Thomas. FB in Andrews and RB possibly Cartwright. Two returning O- Line starters makes for solid base for next year.

Cover - How about Feiser? I think his brother is the QB coach? He is a 9th grade QB at Brook and is 6"2 maybe 6"3 already... potential is there.

Yes. The only QB left on varsity roster is a current junior. They have some depth at RB plus a rising freshman coming in that was hurt at end of jr high season. Kicker also return and some key contributors on D. As the saying goes they don't rebuild, just reload. Though there are some
Big shoes to fill on both sides of the ball!

soup I heard Brook has another QB.. 8th grader getting a lot of attention from private schools.., didn't play CYO this year just middle school FB

Reactions: Soup13
Possibly Henley or Catanzaro they were both QBs at the middle schools
Henley is interesting because if you want to run the spread he can run and throw and
he is one of them guys that just knows how to play the game . the only thing is if hes playing QB he wont play defense and hes a great corner.Catanzaro has the size and a great athlete himself but you cant teach height I like him better as WR

I have heard rumors...only rumors. I cannot say what they are at the moment though. A QB could be what separates NP from being good and being a contender next year. Watch for Catanzaro to step up at receiver. On offense they return Catanzaro (played receiver sparingly), Haynes, Henley, and Thomas as pass catchers. I am assuming Cartwright plays RB next year and they have Gorski who showed he has talent this year with some nice runs and TDs when he was able to get in. Andrews returns at fullback as well as Prince who saw limited time but played well. They do also return Bevan (center) and Cody (RG) on the O line. On D they return Henley, Haynes, and Bowski who were starters in the secondary as well as Catanzaro at LB/S, all of whom helped to do a terrific job limiting St. Joe's passing attack. They return Verespy at DT and White at DE as starters on the D line as well as Slover who rotated in at DT and Prince who rotated in at DE. Thomas is back at LB. I would love to know of anyone else we can expect to step up.

NP do you think they will try to work both Bevan and Owens in at LB at the same time?.. I think they could could do some damage on the field together at ILB's

NP do you think they will try to work both Bevan and Owens in at LB at the same time?.. I think they could could do some damage on the field together at ILB's
Thats a very good question. I am not sure who they will play there to be honest. Beck tends to favor speed at the position. I was thinking Bevan, Andrews, and Thomas could all play there but I don't know if that gives them the speed across the position they like. It would certainly give them good size with Bevan (5' 10 220-230) in the middle and Thomas (6'4" 215) and Andrews 5'9" 200) flanking him. The other question you have to ask is if you want Bevan to put on weight for the O line. I think as a center I would rather see him continue to grow and gain weight and get up around 240+. I that case he probably would have the speed for LB. MY guess is there is a player not listed that will get time because of his speed at the position.

Don't know if I'm taking a kid and playing him both ways at those positions regardless of how slow he may be.

Thats a very good question. I am not sure who they will play there to be honest. Beck tends to favor speed at the position. I was thinking Bevan, Andrews, and Thomas could all play there but I don't know if that gives them the speed across the position they like. It would certainly give them good size with Bevan (5' 10 220-230) in the middle and Thomas (6'4" 215) and Andrews 5'9" 200) flanking him. The other question you have to ask is if you want Bevan to put on weight for the O line. I think as a center I would rather see him continue to grow and gain weight and get up around 240+. I that case he probably would have the speed for LB. MY guess is there is a player not listed that will get time because of his speed at the position.

NP05-I liked 55 at LB, high motor and physical. BUT as you mentioned putting on additional weight and playing DL makes a lot of sense. I would bank on Bevan being a force on the OL/DL for sure at 230-240.

Soup

Beck is not a fan of interior lineman going both ways all the time in certain situations yes
there will be some big guys to play the DT . I like #55 as a hybrid type some backer some tackle .Short yardage and goal line.

Reactions: Soup13
Soup

Beck is not a fan of interior lineman going both ways all the time in certain situations yes
there will be some big guys to play the DT . I like #55 as a hybrid type some backer some tackle .Short yardage and goal line.

Yes. package , rotation, situational positioning is all vintage Beck.

Npfan, more rumors circulating. Malvern QB not happy, was benched. Could be looking to Qb Philly's finest 7/7 team. What's your latest. Pipeline from finest to CRAWFORD?

Npfan, more rumors circulating. Malvern QB not happy, was benched. Could be looking to Qb Philly's finest 7/7 team. What's your latest. Pipeline from finest to CRAWFORD?
Cover,

I cannot confirm, nor deny, that I have heard the same rumor. I can simply say that there are rumors. I too have heard that the Malvern QBs status may be in question though. I know Jon Haynes and Justis Henley played for Phillys Finest but so have many other players not from NP.

Last edited:
He will get a lot of influence from the Philly Finest group. I know for one that Philly Finest does not allow parents or HS coaches to reach out to kids within their programs. They do allow players to talk to other players about teaming up. I.E. Webb and Pitts. Pitts was already a good friend with Peoples. My youngest son started at Roman and now at Ryan ( Non-football related), but McCants and him was good friends and he's on PF looking to get a QB to come with him for his senior year as well. Wood and Lasalle will have the most representation on the squads this yr with most of SJP players leaving. North Penn skilled guys will probably make up a large part also. Ricky Johns played for PF for 2 yrs.

No offense guys but is the ex-Malvern Prep Qb even good enough to play for Philly Finest? Wouldn't they be using the top Qb's in the area for that type of talented team.

Reactions: CYOBALL1
No offense guys but is the ex-Malvern Prep Qb even good enough to play for Philly Finest? Wouldn't they be using the top Qb's in the area for that type of talented team.
I have not seen him play but according to ESPN he is a 4 star QB ranked 228th overall in the country and the number 12 pro-style QB in the 2018 class. It says he has offers from Boston College, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan State, Nebraska, Ole Miss, Pitt, Syracuse, Temple, Toledo and West Virginia. I would say he seems qualified for Philly's Finest.

I have not seen him play but according to ESPN he is a 4 star QB ranked 228th overall in the country and the number 12 pro-style QB in the 2018 class. It says he has offers from Boston College, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan State, Nebraska, Ole Miss, Pitt, Syracuse, Temple, Toledo and West Virginia. I would say he seems qualified for Philly's Finest.
Yeah he's more than qualified. Their try-outs are usually stacked with talent. So much so they have to send guys away. Over 300+ kids to field 3 teams of about 20 players.

Last year's qbs were : Rob King, Jones ( Lasalle), Hnatkowsky Penn Charter, and Marible West Catholic. King played all over. They switched starters between King and Hnatkowsky. Jones led the Sophomore team. They had more strong armed qb from outside the district as well.

Yeah I know he is being heavily recruited but if you watch some film and check throughout the powers to be in the Inter-Ac plus rumored not to be returning to Malvern because he may not be the starter? Maybe my sniffer is off but something smells fishy here. Maybe someone else can elaborate????

Yeah I know he is being heavily recruited but if you watch some film and check throughout the powers to be in the Inter-Ac plus rumored not to be returning to Malvern because he may not be the starter? Maybe my sniffer is off but something smells fishy here. Maybe someone else can elaborate????

From what I've heard is that it is a combination of him being taken out in favor of a Sophomore this year and the family not really being able to afford private school. Apparently the sophomore's family, who came in and started after a few games this year, comes with a lot of $$$ and politics might have factored into him playing. I don't necessarily agree with that, he might have just been the better QB but thats sort of the vibe people close to the program have said. Other than that, my understanding is that he is a West Chester kid, and his home public school is WC East.

Well let's try and look at the situation as I have been told or is factual. He did not start the opener and did not play until the starter was injured in that game. He then started every game up until he was injured/substituted for in the EA game. The sophomore qb Guenther, almost lead the team back to victory from a deep deficit. Guenther starts the remaining games, navigates them to win their remaining games and puts up some pretty good numbers in the process. Guenther had two older brothers that played under another regime at Malvern. The family is well off but I don't believe that would have played into being a factor with Coach Aaron Brady. In his third year, they needed to beat The Haverford School and win the Inter AC title. With the upset loss to start league play against Episcopal, Coach Brady would just play a sophomore over a 4 star qb because of "financial considerations". Other coaches in the league and at Malvern thought that Guenther was playing very well and was giving them the best chance to win.

This is why I find it to be strange. A high school Qb that is rated as a four star would never lose their job in this fashion. A Qb with this type of ballhoey would be given his job back immediately upon returning from injury and would easily be a first team all league performer. That is why I asked the question are we sure he will play for Phillies Finest?

Phillys Finest was split between classes last yr. The projected starter right now would be Jones (Lasalle) for the juniors. Colyar (Wood) is also on the roster. If he was to play for phillys Finest it wouldn't be handed to him.

I guess we shall see soon. If Henley and Haynes go that route I'm sure there will be some discussion regarding np.

I heard that a pretty good WR from Bishop McDevitt (Wynxote) is now at North Penn.

I heard that a pretty good WR from Bishop McDevitt (Wynxote) is now at North Penn.
Is that player Jaron Macon? They couldn't get him the ball last year as they did his sophomore year.

Is that player Jaron Macon? They couldn't get him the ball last year as they did his sophomore year.

From what I'm told, yes.

Production probably more about amount of gamespkayed and quality of team. He averaged 2.6 catches per game in 13 contests in '15 and 2.0 cpg in 9 games this year.

Anyway, he's a solid player and potentially a productive get for NP if true.

Reactions: lilromeo
Doyle played for NLG 7v7 last year and is transferring to St John's in DC, not NP.......

Soph year played in 10 games 1100 yds 10 td's
Junior year split time with a soph, 850 yds 10 td's

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT