ADVERTISEMENT

New head coach to be announced

DipnRip

Dec 2, 2017
I have Heard from sources close to the situation that upper Darby will announce Dave Barr as the new Head Coach tomorrow. What Ive heard About Barr so far.
1. Coaches Bonner’s freshman team.
2. Is friends with the new superintendents brother.
3. Teaches theology at Bonner.
4. Has some college experience.
5. Haverford high grad.
6. Does not have a staff yet and the school is asking him to reach out to the former staff. ( I do Not know if there is any truth to that or just a rumor).

played against Dave in high school, and coached with him for a while. very detailed oriented coach. smart defensive mind, brings a lot of energy to the field. interested to see if they will give him position in the building

He will have a position in the building. The position is attached to the coaching position as they mentioned this to the final 3 candidates.

Reactions: tigermeat71
chuck where did you get those names from. Those gentlemen you mentioned either pulled there names out or did not make the final list.

Dip, our information differs then. You could by all means be in the right, but I do trust the sources I’ve spoke with.

Dip, our information differs then. You could by all means be in the right, but I do trust the sources I’ve spoke with.

Not sure if Albie was considered early on in the process, but.he never applied, interviewed, made it to a final three, etc.

Reactions: DipnRip
I have Heard from sources close to the situation that upper Darby will announce Dave Barr as the new Head Coach tomorrow. What Ive heard About Barr so far.
1. Coaches Bonner’s freshman team.
2. Is friends with the new superintendents brother.
3. Teaches theology at Bonner.
4. Has some college experience.
5. Haverford high grad.
6. Does not have a staff yet and the school is asking him to reach out to the former staff. ( I do Not know if there is any truth to that or just a rumor).

Has there been any announcement? Is it official?

Yes announcement has been made. Dave Barr is the head coach. He has met with the players and is working to change the culture

It's sad that I can't find one story about it. What ever happened to high school sports coverage?

What jobs are still open?
Interboro
Hatboro
Imhotep
Lower Merion
Avon Grove

Any others?

So it looks like, from the list above, that Interboro/LM/Hatboro are the 3 open jobs at this point. If you were a coach, what would your order of preference be when it comes to coaching football? 8-10 years ago, Interboro would of been the slam dunk choice. Not sure if that's still the case

LM is filled. I believe they are promoting their OC. Not positive on name but I know they have their guy.

So it looks like, from the list above, that Interboro/LM/Hatboro are the 3 open jobs at this point. If you were a coach, what would your order of preference be when it comes to coaching football? 8-10 years ago, Interboro would of been the slam dunk choice. Not sure if that's still the case
I heard Interboro extended application dead line. Rumour was they were gonna go from within....... not sure what changed or maybe it was just rumor?

He also held a meet & great with football alumni the other night.....
From what I have Heard the alumni is finally onboard to lend some support. They donated 6 grand to the football program that night. It’s just a real shame they didn’t want to get involved when coach Gentile was at the helm.

Reactions: D1sideline
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT