ADVERTISEMENT

Neshaminy Football

71SKINS

Nov 2, 2001
My first reaction to all this nonsense is, WTF! I'm totally embarrassed by the whole turn of events at 2001 Old Lincoln Highway.That being said, looking for a scapegoat is counter productive, but it is critical that we get the next decisions right. Where do we go from here.....I don't know. But trying to make a informed decisions on where to take the program from "facts" taken from this board is just plain dumb. I not talking about anyone in particular, just as a collective. And, yes, you do have the right to express your opinion, and some of you may tell me to go fxxk myself, and that's your right. I'm fine with that.

I'm just trying to stay positive, that's all. I think the program deserves it, the kids and coaching staff deserve it, and coach Mags' deserves it. If you do know something and are 110% positive about your sources, then fire away. But anything less then that standard, let's save it for a rainy day. With a little luck, next years 'Skins could be a very good squad.

p.s I was directing my thoughts to Redskin fans. I'm sure fans of other schools will just fire away and I expect that, and that's the purpose of this board.

D.A.O NHS 1972

Neshaminy finds itself back in the same exact situation it was in 12 months ago. The same candidates will apply. None of them were considered acceptable a year ago. What has changed? Luckily for the AD, a "savior" came along and he was able to save face. That's not happening again. There's no bigger Skins fan than you so there is no better person to answer the million dollar question. Schmidt is looking for a head coaching job. Do you want him back? Obviously, the AD and principal will never do it, but as a fan/alum if it was your call, would you pull the trigger? If not, where do the Skins go from here?

The kids deserve it.... ABSOLUTLEY! The coaches deserve it? ABSOLUTLEY!!!! Coach Mags? First off, when did he become a coach? He's the "athletic director". I read the letter on the District Web Page titled "Frederick Clarifications" and the words composed couldn't be further from the truth. Let's take it one step at a time. We'll start where it states "year round demands of coaching high school football" Yes, high school football or any sport for that matter is a year round commitment. If coaching football is a "year round" commitment, why did he hire someone that was never in the building during the school day? Why hasn't he been visible in the community since the loss to Pennsbury on October 31? So, would someone say "coach is seen in the NHS on a regular basis"? "Currently working on getting graduating seniors into college" (I get daily updates) yeah here's the update:
D'Andre Pollard is going to Villanova. "70-75 kids in the weightroom" another lie. There are 65 players on the roster from last year and if you looked on the sidelines last year the numbers were in tbe 40's add that to the fact that there are NUMEROUS kids aying basketball and wrestling that stops the number significantly. 70-75 sounds great, but a lie. Finally, if Coach Frederick hasn't resigned, then why do other people, people who hold rank know and know weeks prior? Because it's true!!!!! This is all a flat out lie because the AD does not want "his big fish" to fail. And yes, he hand picked this one, because he did not want someone patrolling the sidelines that was respected more than him , let alone respected more than any person in the district, like coach schmidt. This is something that I would have no problem addressing, when I see him at one of the other sporting events at NHS, oh wait, I've veen to many..... Has he?

If someone has coached and you have played or coached you often refer to them as "coach" out of respect. So I'm assuming fakepatton you've never played a sport in your life.

This post was edited on 1/13 12:46 PM by reluctant_to_comment

I heard from a family friend that there a two guys from the '05 squad who have been coaching and are both interested in taking the reins. I don't see why some youth in there would hurt, especially former players of a great Neshaminy team.

"This is something that I would have no problem addressing, when I see him at one of the other sporting events at NHS, oh wait, I've veen to many..... Has he?"

fakepatton you would tremble like a school girl.

J-Man,

I would not rehire him. He is a very good coach whom I respect immensely but the marriage is broken. Trying to put it back together would be counter productive. Where we go from here is unclear. I believe the administration will have to pony up a teaching job to increase the pool of candidates. The ball is in the administration's court.

Unfortunately, I think the days of creating teaching positions for coaches have long passed. This administration has made it pretty clear that athletics is not their priority. Very sad for fans and alums like yourself who have come to expect excellence.

J-Man,
You are correct, just some wishful thinking on my part. BTW, after a few nights sleeping on it, I'm not as steadfast that the relationship is not repairable. Sometimes you gotta step away to see that things weren't as bad as you thought. J-Man, Are you a alum?

Well, Dave (71), it´s about darn time somebody or something straightened out these school board/athletic director folks at your alma matre. Jaysus. Priority One down on Ol´Rte.1 has always been, and always will be Football. Let´s not kid ourselves, now.

Got a few suggestions that could bring about a positive conclusion (maybe):

--Give the guy (Frederick) a fair chance; ain´t easy taking over a program from a legend. Look at the guy from SJP....got dogged bad by the alumni and public his first two years, now he´s dangling two straight state championship rings on his fingers.

--Hire Warden Greenbomb (CR North AD). Nothing quite brings people together than mutual hatred of someone, or thing.

--Put the Iron Claw or Hammer of Thor on these internal tweebs! Make em do early morning suicides and other nice little drills through the icey Neshaminy Crick every day. That´ll change their attitude, real quick.

Hope that helped a bit. "Happy New Year," BTW.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT