ADVERTISEMENT

Mt. Lebanon coach resigns after 1 year

why do people think Humbert may leave BV? imo that's a bad move by him
no reason other than many guys want to move on to a bigger school or a new challenge

yeah it could be a bad move when you already have a good thing going, but that's what many guys do and sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't

New- I could be off a bit but her is what I remember…
If we are talking 2022 USC was 3-2 in conference. Lost to peters 31-0 zip that year and BP beat them handily early, they were opportunistic in playoffs. They beat BP in playoffs , BP had Caye(iup) running back who averaged prob 20-25 touches a game along with D1 athlete Petras both hurt and struggled with out them, both played in BP secondary as well. I get it that injures are all part of it and everyone has them but to me a down year in 5A overall. That team got smoked by pine in champ game.

This year 2023 they were 8-2 and did not make the play offs. Peters smoked them and BP beat them. BP was not good in 2023. All they had to to was win that game and they would have been in the playoffs and had a pretty nice bracket.
they beat Peters in 2022, I think they lost to Mt. Lebanon but i would have to look it up

it was a down year overall in 2022, but only two teams make it to the title game and they were one of them, so they weren't exactly chumps

Spieler is the new HC at SF.

He was the other name I heard of too.

I think being on Rossi's staff and the familiarity of the program is going to pay off as they transition.
isn't that a lateral move? why hire the assistant if you are unhappy with the guy he answered to?

Other 6A news and quite a bit old, but it looks like Seneca Valley's coach has a new job. Anybody have any idea on who the new coach is?

I haven't heard anything that SF was unhappy with Rossi. Rossi was on the hiring committee. I also heard the candidate pool was pretty small.
well i guess i assumed they were unhappy with him after being spoiled with titles for many recent years''

there must not be much talent in the pipeline for him to resign and not have a lot applicants

Lebo Has a new coach and was the most qualified out of a very small pool of applicants.. Will be announced officially after school board vote/meeting coming up I think this or next week.

Lebo Has a new coach and was the most qualified out of a very small pool of applicants.. Will be announced officially after school board vote/meeting coming up I think this or next week.
small pool of applicants means they know there isn't much talent in the pipeline

which is why Palko and Collodi resigned

2020 - Perry was easily the most qualified, out of a small field. He has a good reputation. The AD might be done before him so an easy choice for him to make. Haha. He won’t need to clean up the aftermath this time around. . I see 4 years max but 2 years could easily be a reality. It is what it is.

i'm not buying their excuses, especially Collodi "not being able to recruit the hallways"

Palko lied about West Allegheny, saying he needed more family time, a month later he's at Mt. Lebanon

he resigned from Mt. Lebanon, claiming so he can focus on health issues... he applied to be the head coach at Central Catholic and now works for Penn State

so yeah these guys lie rather than admit they don't have the players to compete for championships

i'm not buying their excuses, especially Collodi "not being able to recruit the hallways"

Palko lied about West Allegheny, saying he needed more family time, a month later he's at Mt. Lebanon

he resigned from Mt. Lebanon, claiming so he can focus on health issues... he applied to be the head coach at Central Catholic and now works for Penn State

so yeah these guys lie rather than admit they don't have the players to compete for championships
Palko has "played the game" for 30 years. What's he gonna say- tell the local papers- oh, Lebo kids are weak and soft? No, he's a good dude, maybe he "bends the truth"

there's very little payoff to being the HC in HS, i imagine if Lebo paid him 100k he would still be coaching there- maybe even 50k

The problem with Lebo is likely the parents and maybe the admin. And Palko came back to Lebo in large part for the money (and a great sophomore class) from what Ive heard. Maybe too quick to leave WA and his pension.

Its crazy that a HS coach in TX gets $100k and one in PA gets $10k.

Palko has "played the game" for 30 years. What's he gonna say- tell the local papers- oh, Lebo kids are weak and soft? No, he's a good dude, maybe he "bends the truth"

there's very little payoff to being the HC in HS, i imagine if Lebo paid him 100k he would still be coaching there- maybe even 50k
yeah i understand not throwing the kids under the bus, i'm just saying these guys aren't honest about why they leave these schools

i would bet 9 times out of 10 they leave because they don't think the kids can compete and they aren't interested in a long rebuild

The problem with Lebo is likely the parents and maybe the admin. And Palko came back to Lebo in large part for the money (and a great sophomore class) from what Ive heard. Maybe too quick to leave WA and his pension.

Texas championship games can get 40, 000 people in the stands

our 6 state championship games combined don't even get 15k

Reactions: new2pa
2020 - Perry was easily the most qualified, out of a small field. He has a good reputation. The AD might be done before him so an easy choice for him to make. Haha. He won’t need to clean up the aftermath this time around. . I see 4 years max but 2 years could easily be a reality. It is what it is.
Well I retire in 4 years

In South Carolina and Georgia HS coaches teach one Weight lifting class and get 100K to coach and teach.

Reactions: new2pa
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT