ADVERTISEMENT

More Recruiting Stuff

Abington had the kid from Australia and Chester took rejects from Roman and Carroll and maybe even PW. It’s a transfer issue and boundary/non boundary for pubs w an anti religious undertone. How about the regular influx of talent for North Penn football? It’s an issue now because it’s convenient for Coatesville to bring it up now. Play the game and let the powers to be iron out after the season. This whining bs is so old Chief. How about Coatesville put some of the effort to raise test scores so families won’t want Shanahan and Malvern. Ps. That Chester guy who is sticking is nose in Coatesville sports is a real PIA from friends in the community.

Last edited:
The absurdity of Kennedy Catholic (formerly Kennedy Christian) has been going on for years. They beat my nephew’s 2001 Fairfield team in the Single-A final 87-45 for their 4th straight title.

To show the absurdity of KC playing a public school with an enrollment of 147 boys (10-12, pop. 488 then) for the state title, consider that same year KC (28-5) lost to USA Today’s #5 team St Mary’s - St. Vincent (26-1) 51-50, who went on to win their 2nd consecutive Div-III Ohio state title. SMV’s only loss that year was to USA Today’s #1 team Oak Hill Acad-VA (33-0) 79-78. KC also lost that year to Pitt power Schenley (29-3) 52-49, who lost in the final to #13 Coatesville (31-1) 70-57.

Not exactly a level playing field but the boys battled hard. Will say it was sad seeing this once in a life time team lose to a team that can and has been remanufactured almost at will. To me this destroys the basic principles of fair play and sportsmanship that were once the fabric of high school athletics. But, it was quite a ride.

Reactions: Fletchster1
The absurdity of Kennedy Catholic (formerly Kennedy Christian) has been going on for years. They beat my nephew’s 2001 Fairfield team in the Single-A final 87-45 for their 4th straight title.

To show the absurdity of KC playing a public school with an enrollment of 147 boys (10-12, pop. 488 then) for the state title, consider that same year KC (28-5) lost to USA Today’s #5 team St Mary’s - St. Vincent (26-1) 51-50, who went on to win their 2nd consecutive Div-III Ohio state title. SMV’s only loss that year was to USA Today’s #1 team Oak Hill Acad-VA (33-0) 79-78. KC also lost that year to Pitt power Schenley (29-3) 52-49, who lost in the final to #13 Coatesville (31-1) 70-57.

Not exactly a level playing field but the boys battled hard. Will say it was sad seeing this once in a life time team lose to a team that can and has been remanufactured almost at will. To me this destroys the basic principles of fair play and sportsmanship that were once the fabric of high school athletics. But, it was quite a ride.
I don’t feel bad for Cville or your nephews team either Stalk. No bitched when PW bought in players for their many successful basketball runs. It happens at public’s, boundary schools or whatever else you want to call it. Level playing field for all teams and take care of all issues not Target one potential issue.

For those scoring at home, there are 24 state finalists spread out over 6 classes each in boys and girls. 14 of the 24 are non boundary/private/charter type schools, and 10 are traditional public boundary schools.

For those scoring at home, there are 24 state finalists spread out over 6 classes each in boys and girls. 14 of the 24 are non boundary/private/charter type schools, and 10 are traditional public boundary schools.
Speed - Why didn’t you wait until Pennridge loses! Jeez!

12 of those schools are also from D7 and D12 (Pittsburgh and Philadelphia). Can we blame that on an unfair population?
Why not? Maybe we should redistribute the population, doing forced marches to the burbs and farmlands for resettlement.

Reactions: yesman3
12 of those schools are also from D7 and D12 (Pittsburgh and Philadelphia). Can we blame that on an unfair population?
I think you are on to something Newman! Just read Philadelphia PUB has won 3,of the state championships so far. Lets blame the Catholic and Non-Boundary schools for that too! I’m pulling for Kennedy tonight!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT