ADVERTISEMENT

More Hc Openings

I also read somewhere that Dennis Lux stepped down at Interboro recently. Not sure if the position has been filled yet

It appears Nase has stepped down at NE. I had pretty high expectations for him there. Obviously, things have gotten tougher with Tep moving up to 6A this cycle. Anyone know what happened there? What’s next for NE?

It appears Nase has stepped down at NE. I had pretty high expectations for him there. Obviously, things have gotten tougher with Tep moving up to 6A this cycle. Anyone know what happened there? What’s next for NE?
Did Nase take another job?

According to the AD, the position isn’t open yet bc a teacher within the school is interested. He has to interview him first by rule.

Not sure why anyone would want the CRN job. Since McIlwain left they have been one of the worst programs in D1. Hard to believe since playoffs started in 1988, CR/CRN has never won a playoff game. Where have you gone Walt Snyder?

Any word on some of these open jobs as 7v7 and off-season work gets started for some? Northeast still open? Lasalle add any notable names to staff? Nase leave for another job or just frustrated at NE?

Any word on some of these open jobs as 7v7 and off-season work gets started for some? Northeast still open? Lasalle add any notable names to staff? Nase leave for another job or just frustrated at NE?
LaSalle snagged Tep’s oline coach too.

I dont know of any specific details when in comes to Lux stepping down, but from what I have read on different social media accounts is it seems he had one vision/plan for the football program and the school/administration had another

I dont know of any specific details when in comes to Lux stepping down, but from what I have read on different social media accounts is it seems he had one vision/plan for the football program and the school/administration had another
I saw the same. Tough to keep athletes in district when you are one of few places without a turf field or updated facilities. Just saw that Chichester has started a renovation project.

Reactions: newport
I’ve heard from a few people, that they expect the Neshaminy job to open after the 24 season. Longtime assistant and current HC’s youngest son is entering his senior season. So, I’m not sure if it’s simply speculation. Have any Neshaminy people heard anything similar?

That's probably accurate. Coach Wilmot came to Neshaminy in 1995 with the great Mark Schmidt so the 2024 campaign marks his 30th season in Langhorne as an assistant or head honcho. That's longer than anyone has been involved in the program (as far as I know). Some quick math reveals he has been on the field for 332 games out of the 979 the 'Skins have played since the first season in 1928 (so he can claim to have been involved with just about 1 out of every 3 they have played).

He's well thought of and has enjoyed much success both as an assistant and head coach although the last few years haven't been the brightest for the team (there can be ups and downs).

Will be interesting to see who steps up.

It is amazing longevity, and a lot of the assistants have been there for well over a decade (some 20+ years). I wonder if one of the staff members would like to take over. They always seem to have lots of players and coaches. It surely is an interesting job (I think they had 90+ kids on last year’s roster).

Reactions: bucksftball
It is amazing longevity, and a lot of the assistants have been there for well over a decade (some 20+ years). I wonder if one of the staff members would like to take over. They always seem to have lots of players and coaches. It surely is an interesting job (I think they had 90+ kids on last year’s roster).
Every year I think that this has to be the year the Skins rebound. It appears that it’s been many years since they were serious contenders. Any insights what happened there?

Someone can answer this question much better than I can. What surprises me is they seem to lack physicality, which was a staple of the Schmidt era. I say that is surprising when you consider Wilmot’s background as an OL/strength coach. Their spread/gun pro-style offense seems to be a tad predictable. It worked when they had a great QB (Andrews or McAndrews maybe?), but it seems to be a bit stagnant since. Their defense appears to be a somewhat similar story - they don’t seem to be very multiple on that side of the ball.

There are a ton of kids in the program. I’m not sure if they lose kids to the privates in the area (Egan, Wood, LaSalle, etc), so that could be hurting them some. But, which SOL isn’t losing a few kids to those schools? I think it’s fair to say they have underachieved lately.

Again, someone closer to the program can answer much better than I can; those are just some of my thoughts from afar.

Wilmot is 58-37 overall as a Head Coach (nine years in all and 95 games).

Interesting is that the 'Skins were 48-17 his first six years (almost a 73% winning record which has him in good company with many of the top coaches the team has had over the years). But then the last three years of 2021 to 2023 the team is 10-20 (a 33% win-loss number).

A bit of a fall off. and it seems the slump is three seasons in length at this point.

Could it be a little bit of a "less talent" thing plus a "been in the saddle too long" argument (as a coach - this season will be 30 years).

He's well liked and well thought of and certainly cares about the team and the kids.

Regime changes make sense over the run of it. With his kid going off to college next year maybe this is it. And any way you slice it, he will retire as having coached in the most games ever for any coach at Neshaminy (30 seasons and estimate of 342 games through the end of 2024) and the third most as a head coach (at least 105 including 2024). That would see him behind only Schmidt's 227 games (1995 - 2013) and Charlie Beck's 118 (1929 - 1942).

His winning percentage right now is about 61% overall which has him at 7th overall behind John Petercuskie (98.33%), Harry Franks (87.34%), Jack Swartz (79.62%), Mike DeRisi (77.77%), Mark Schmidt (70.93%) and John Chaump (65.45%).

A lot of great coaches over the years (including Dick Bedesem who helped right the ship after "The Split" in the late '70s and early '80s had wreaked some havoc up on "The Ridge").

Last edited:
Mole, I didn’t realize how severe the recent struggles were; 10-20 over 3 years is rough for a program with that kind of tradition. What’s the outlook on the 24 squad? Will they right the ship?

Mole, I didn’t realize how severe the recent struggles were; 10-20 over 3 years is rough for a program with that kind of tradition. What’s the outlook on the 24 squad? Will they right the ship?
That really is a pronounced drop off. Add to that the fall of North Penn and Pennsbury (Abington?) to see how dramatically the SOL has declined recently. The Skins and Knights WERE the SOL for years!
(Skinner Man; fired buddy's Mossberg 500-12GA this week. Scary weapon, 470-some grain. Better hold on!)

Reactions: HSFB99
I'm not that sure about what's coming back. They always seem to have a few players but lately "a few" just doesn't seem enough.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT