ADVERTISEMENT

Mars 2024

this might be the "last horah" for EK but it looks like Mars is gonna be strong- very good line, good skill- but wow 4A is gonna be tough- not just Quips- just for fun- I'm gonna predict Mars wins 4A in WPIAL?

Thoughts?

I’m curious where he goes after his Mars stint. I assume he isn’t going to leave his teaching job. He was essentially a volunteer at Pitt. What’s a realistic college job? Keep in mind, D2 & D3 coordinators are full time roles for much less comp than being a teacher.

I’m curious where he goes after his Mars stint. I assume he isn’t going to leave his teaching job. He was essentially a volunteer at Pitt. What’s a realistic college job? Keep in mind, D2 & D3 coordinators are full time roles for much less comp than being a teacher.
Back to his alma mater of North Hills, where he will turn them back into a powerhouse like they used to be

this might be the "last horah" for EK but it looks like Mars is gonna be strong- very good line, good skill- but wow 4A is gonna be tough- not just Quips- just for fun- I'm gonna predict Mars wins 4A in WPIAL?

Thoughts?
Agree with all of this. They need to replace Wright at RB who was pretty good. Also, the get the Hein kid back who is legit.

Their athletes have to be ready to compete vs teams like Quip.

He has another younger daughter at Mars, so its possible he stays. If not, I'd bet it will be Pitt as a position coach. No way he takes a lower paying D2/D3 job than his teaching job.

He has another younger daughter at Mars, so its possible he stays. If not, I'd bet it will be Pitt as a position coach. No way he takes a lower paying D2/D3 job than his teaching job.
if he still has the passion for it, he could take an early retirement and climb the college ranks- given his pattern- id bet 5 bucks- he could be a college D-coordinator within 10 years

Reactions: new2pa
There aren’t any position jobs available at Pitt, and they passed over him last time (when he was arguably in a much better point in his career).

If that’s what he wants, I hope he gets it. I think he’s outstanding, so please don’t take it as a shot at him. I just think it’s much easier said than done.

There aren’t any position jobs available at Pitt, and they passed over him last time (when he was arguably in a much better point in his career).

If that’s what he wants, I hope he gets it. I think he’s outstanding, so please don’t take it as a shot at him. I just think it’s much easier said than done.
agreed- wont be easy- not sure he would want to do it at his age, but imo his path may be a couple years success D2, maybe couple at FCS, then start low and climb at a P5 program w lots of money- not including Pitt- i don't think he will go back to Pitt- might not ever get any better than 2021 Pitt w ACC title

The performance vs BP was awful. Mars D still cannot tackle. There was another play where the BP kid went 60 and broke something like 9 tackles. Given up 84 points in 2 games. And offense couldn’t get #30 the ball who is their best player. They are gonna have trouble with NH and Quips and Port.

Losing staff is starting to catch up with Mars.

The performance vs BP was awful. Mars D still cannot tackle. There was another play where the BP kid went 60 and broke something like 9 tackles. Given up 84 points in 2 games. And offense couldn’t get #30 the ball who is their best player. They are gonna have trouble with NH and Quips and Port.

Losing staff is starting to catch up with Mars.
yea, New- that was really weird- idk Kasper was very good- but maybe what was great at PR was the combo of the staff he had- now not working w Neff, Mazur and Miller- for defense- the "gangs all gone"

crazy, wow, could you imagine- even a close game against Mars? gonna be interesting!!

Mars not in good spot after blowing 4th Q lead to drop to 1-2 with Aliquippa and Montour coming up. Defense played much better over but still gave up some big plays. Offense couldn’t get it together. QB off and no breakaway running threat hurting them.

Mars hanging tough at halftime 15-11. Offense can't so anything but botched punt over kickers head led to TD and a 46 yd FG, which was really impressive. Quips are not great. Hayes not playing though. But they look a lot different than last year. Not sure what else 4A has out east, but if teams can tackle, they will be in good shape.

Nevermind last comment. Quips came out and dominated on first drive. RB is very good. Quips OL very short, but tough and cover up their men.

They alternated between Kasper Jr and Freshman Walker (Neil Walkers nephew.) He completed his only two passes.

Wildcat worked well with Kasper Jr for one series then went nowhere after that.

Next up is Montour who is tough and have some very nice skill. Lost some up front though, and QB. Then the conference play including McKeesport. 5-5 regular season and early playoff loss is very very possible at this rate.

They alternated between Kasper Jr and Freshman Walker (Neil Walkers nephew.) He completed his only two passes.

Wildcat worked well with Kasper Jr for one series then went nowhere after that.

Next up is Montour who is tough and have some very nice skill. Lost some up front though, and QB. Then the conference play including McKeesport. 5-5 regular season and early playoff loss is very very possible at this rate.
Wow. Do you still think there's a chance that Kasperowicz looks for a college job after this season? I remember some saying that he was going to potentially step down as HC after his son graduates and look for a collegiate position.

I think he would listen to Pitt but don’t think he’d leave for some PSAC school. He probably makes $90-$100k at NH and he’s not making that unless at a FBS school.

Reactions: bummer01
Mars hanging in there with Montour - 21-14 Montour. Kasperowicz Jr out with what looked like a shoulder injury. Playing freshman QB, Walker. His pick 6 is difference in game, but also has 2 TD passes.

Mars hanging in there with Montour - 21-14 Montour. Kasperowicz Jr out with what looked like a shoulder injury. Playing freshman QB, Walker. His pick 6 is difference in game, but also has 2 TD passes.
are you a Mars fan and not a PR fan anymore?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT