ADVERTISEMENT

Let’s get back to football!!

ForWhoForWhat

Dec 7, 2012
Please provide your thoughts.. Baseball is an authorize sport that the CDC guidelines will allow kids to compete and play when counties hit the green. Football is not (due to contact). If we follow texas (with a slight adjust of the months) we can get it done in Pa..
What day you?

Please provide your thoughts.. Baseball is an authorize sport that the CDC guidelines will allow kids to compete and play when counties hit the green. Football is not (due to contact). If we follow texas By switching their seasons (with a slight adjust of the months), baseball played in the fall/football played in the we can get it done in Pa..
What say you?

I thought I would be able to add the picture. But basically what I’m saying is Texas is planning to switch their baseball season with their football season because baseball is an authorized sport to play in the covid 19 green stage. Football (contact) is not.

So baseball will play in the fall and football in the spring.
Do you guys believe we can pull this off in Pa? Adjust the months of our sports to fit the recovery period of covid 19?

It's already been addressed by the PIAA and is not being considered. Keep this in mind... if Spring sports are moved to the Fall, and the spike in cases causes all sports to be shut down regardless of risk level, then Spring sports would have lost two seasons in a row.

Before you can think of fall sports , you need to think of getting all kids back in school. And many schools are struggling with the concepts. Some ideas being tossed around by local schools :

1. Lengthen the school day , and divide it into 2 sessions. Half the school goes from 7-noon. The other half goes 1-6. The hour in between is a teacher break and time to wipe down all classrooms. This would require double the busses , double the bus drivers , and longer teacher hours for I guess more pay ?

2. Go one week on / one week virtual. Half the school attends with a regular schedule for a week while the other half does it cyber from home. Flip flop the next week.

3. Stay 100% cyber - all kids work from home just like the last 3 months.

Under any of those scenarios, how do you fit in sports , especially a 75 man football team , with cheerleaders, a band , and kids in the stands if you are not really comfortable having them all in school at the same time. Wolfe just signed another executive order that all citizens must wear masks in public, regardless of where they are and where they are going. It’s not getting better

I don’t see a season happening, the nfl just cancelled two weeks of preseason, that’s the first domino

At least here in the Lehigh Valley most teams were back to off season workouts last weeks. Some talk of the “hybrid” schooling model has been thrown around. But I believe Bethlehem SD and Parkland SD have already said they will be back in school full time. The Pediatrician of America or something like that came out and said that there is more harm in our kids not being in school than Covid-19. I am not a political guy, here but if they are in school I think they will play. Any type of hybrid or distance learning and I don’t think they will play. You have to look at HS football as a different entity than the NFL in my opinion. The decision has always been and is still up to the parents if they choose to let sons play. My guess is the cancel week 1 of HS football (to get rid of double sessions) 3 weeks of practice. 8 game regular season and 4 team district playoff gets you done by the first weekend of November. I do think most school districts are going to come around to the fact that the distance learning is not a good thing and should be used as a last resort. You will see more schools be back full time than you think. I think HS football is 50/50 right now. If there was no hope why would the PIAA say they are planning to start on time?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT