ADVERTISEMENT

Last night confirmed one thing

Relayer

Jun 18, 2001
Right now this board is a shell of its former self. For example, not one post on the Ridley game? I wasn't crazy about the changes Rivals made, but not enough to chase me away. Should we chalk it up to the Labor Day weekend? I thought the PV-CRN game had a nice crowd. Hopefully things pick up as we move along.

You`re right Relayer. This is my first time on the board this year and the number of posts are way down.

Relayer - agreed ... Traffic is off and I by no means am I a "techie" but the new board has some nice new features - it's grown on me ... there was nice crowd at NP LS game last night as well ... I'm curious if people are fatigued at social media in general (I admit I am somewhat) or if maybe the thought is that there isn't enough competitiveness to some of the games?? At half time last night, they rattled off scores and most were blowouts - Norristown was 43-0 over Methacton at the half ???

One thing I found curious was Ed Obien admitted the new change in format would result I less traffic - so why make the change? If it wasn't broken, why fix it.

With regard to Ridley - pretty easy 30-0 win over an over matched Glen Mills squad. Ridley looked very good on defense and special teams. The kicker kicked two 30+ yard field goals and was putting kick offs out of the end zone. This could be important down the road if they get involved in low scoring games because I do not see an offensive juggernaut here and the Central League looks like a QB deprived league this year.

One thing I found curious was Ed Obien admitted the new change in format would result I less traffic - so why make the change? If it wasn't broken, why fix it.

With regard to Ridley - pretty easy 30-0 win over an over matched Glen Mills squad. Ridley looked very good on defense and special teams. The kicker kicked two 30+ yard field goals and was putting kick offs out of the end zone. This could be important down the road if they get involved in low scoring games because I do not see an offensive juggernaut here and the Central League looks like a QB deprived league this year.

Nobody had a choice in the matter. They changed up all the boards on the network. I would've rather kept it the old way just because that's what everybody was comfortable with.

I for one am a fan of the new changes, especially the mobile version. I know any change can make people uncomfortable; but what specifically is there for people to complain about? The old board was outdated, it needed an update.

Nobody had a choice in the matter. They changed up all the boards on the network. I would've rather kept it the old way just because that's what everybody was comfortable with.

Ed,
I'm a creature of old habit, don't like a lot of change especially on the professional side.

That being said I like the new format, "for better of for worse". Just my 2 cents..

Reactions: ed o'brien
I for one am a fan of the new changes, especially the mobile version. I know any change can make people uncomfortable; but what specifically is there for people to complain about? The old board was outdated, it needed an update.

Absolutely. I knew some people wouldn't like the change, but th
Ed,
I'm a creature of old habit, don't like a lot of change especially on the professional side.

That being said I like the new format, "for better of for worse". Just my 2 cents..

That basically sums it up Joe Kane. I know people were used to the old board, but it had to go.

Reactions: Spider 2Y Banana
With all that being said. I looked at the numbers between this time last year and now, and it's no comparison. There's been at least, a 90% drop-off on viewership on this board when you compare now and then.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT