ADVERTISEMENT

laSalle/Wood

lilromeo

Gold Member
Apr 14, 2014
This should be a great game this Saturday night. IMO will be a close one and with a lot of action from both sides . Tough one to pick ,laSalle definitely battle tested ,Wood hasn't been challenged yet. The St joe Prep/ St.Joe Regional from North Jersey play in the afternoon . Both games I believe are scheduled at PW. I bet The OLD ALE House gets a lot of business Saturday before ,after and between games.

Should be a good one. Sorry La Salle had to miss out on the McDonogh game. Could have helped the team work on some offensive schemes. Still skeptical of the offense but the defense should be stout again. Go with a beef and continental fries!!

A couple scenarios for these teams if lasalle wins then the following week prep beats them.if wood wins then they definitely beat Imhotep for city title.thats just an opinion I think

This should be a great game this Saturday night. IMO will be a close one and with a lot of action from both sides . Tough one to pick ,laSalle definitely battle tested ,Wood hasn't been challenged yet. The St joe Prep/ St.Joe Regional from North Jersey play in the afternoon . Both games I believe are scheduled at PW. I bet The OLD ALE House gets a lot of business Saturday before ,after and between games.

Will be plenty of action at The Olde Ale House!!

I watched Lasalle vs. North Penn and then saw Wood this Saturday vs. Ryan. I give the edge to Wood just because Russo is one of top Qb's I seen in a long time and Wood has a bunch of nice high school receivers . Lasalle seemed clueless on defense vs North penn at times in the secondary. Should be a good one. How about my Rams. What a win at Heartbreak ridge !

I watched Lasalle vs. North Penn and then saw Wood this Saturday vs. Ryan. I give the edge to Wood just because Russo is one of top Qb's I seen in a long time and Wood has a bunch of nice high school receivers . Lasalle seemed clueless on defense vs North penn at times in the secondary. Should be a good one. How about my Rams. What a win at Heartbreak ridge !
Your Rams are always tough.

Judging LaSalle's defense based solely on the North Penn game seems short sighted. Since that game they shut out Pennsbury, held one of the top teams in the country (DeMatha) to 3 points in the 1st half and held Malvern to 7 points (other score was a blocked punt). Of all the schools in SE PA, they arguably have the most quality wins having beaten the #8, 9 and 11 teams in philly.com's top 25.

Reactions: CYOBALL1
Judging Russo against that Ryan pass D is a waste of time. Ryan didn't have the size or speed to match up and it was obvious from the first 8 yard hitch that went for a TD from all the missed tackles. La Salle will be a much tougher test for Devlin's boys. Last team with the ball wins this one.

Reactions: lilromeo
La Salle's defense should be fine. La Salle's offensive play calling will be predictably simple.

How is Wood's defense this year? Silva's looking tough, no?

This should be a nail bitter. Russo is a good QB!

Not having seen either team this year, my guess is that Wood should be a four-point favorite.

Having seen St. Joe (Montvale) at IMG last Friday night, I'd make them a 10-point favorite over Prep. However, their QB (Nick Patti) was hurt late in the fourth quarter and they didn't even try to throw the ball with the backup in the game and down by 12 very deep in their own territory. Very good overall team that hung tough against an enormously talented IMG team. The QB is only a sophomore and didn't stand out against IMG's defense, but they are a different team with him out of the lineup. They do have a couple good RB's including a 5-8, 205 lb. kid who runs very hard. And their defense is very good, so it should be interesting to watch Swift go against them.

Not having seen either team this year, my guess is that Wood should be a four-point favorite.

Having seen St. Joe (Montvale) at IMG last Friday night, I'd make them a 10-point favorite over Prep. However, their QB (Nick Patti) was hurt late in the fourth quarter and they didn't even try to throw the ball with the backup in the game and down by 12 very deep in their own territory. Very good overall team that hung tough against an enormously talented IMG team. The QB is only a sophomore and didn't stand out against IMG's defense, but they are a different team with him out of the lineup. They do have a couple good RB's including a 5-8, 205 lb. kid who runs very hard. And their defense is very good, so it should be interesting to watch Swift go against them.
The Prep sure will be challenged against one of the top teams in the country. I am really pulling for them to upset these guys.

Reactions: CYOBALL1
La Salle's defense should be fine. La Salle's offensive play calling will be predictably simple.

How is Wood's defense this year? Silva's looking tough, no?

This should be a nail bitter. Russo is a good QB!

LP,
Won't go down like last year's game!

LS needs to control l.o.s, Madden needs 125-150 rushing and Rinella/Jones need to finalize some drives once in red-zone as LS's quick score offense is not as year's past. Usually control of l.o.s./rushing and clock has been Wood's formula for success, roles will need to somewhat reversed for LS to be successful in this one? Steinmetz has dealt with a few D1 QB/WR's during his tenure, he will need his line play to be the decisive factor. IMHO..

Get there early Sat. night. Last year's matchup between these two had a line to get into the stadium until half time! And it was't all because they only had 2 little old ladies collecting the admission fee, it was because there was a lot of people!!

Get there early Sat. night. Last year's matchup between these two had a line to get into the stadium until half time! And it was't all because they only had 2 little old ladies collecting the admission fee, it was because there was a lot of people!!

Y.O.A.H. at 5-5:30

Chris Bass is gonna love you Yesman!!

Paul,
Our gang was there prior to Pennsbury, shout out code "jive turkey" a couple times, no one approached?

I'll be the one with the Stella, wings, fries and Pork Combo!!..... that might be half the patrons though??

LP,
Traffic shouldn't be any worse than a LS-Prep game.

Although that new construction and lot detours at PW is a real bite!!

Last edited:
I my younger years I would do the double header this Saturday prep/ St. Joe Regional.... Ye OLd Ale House ...La Salle Wood

I my younger years I would do the double header this Saturday prep/ St. Joe Regional.... Ye OLd Ale House ...La Salle Wood

I hear you!!

Ever do the Sunday Eagle's afternoon/Flyer's night game?...... The Vet/Spectrum

Wood will beat Imhotep after that performance against lasalle passing game is not that good over at imhotep

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT