ADVERTISEMENT

lasalle prep

yeez1001

Nov 30, 2021
Did sidewar get hurt? Following on social media I couldn’t find anything. Can’t imagine they pulled him

Did sidewar get hurt? Following on social media I couldn’t find anything. Can’t imagine they pulled him
I gather he started the game and got hurt in the 2nd quarter. It was 28-7 at the half.

Zero indication he was hurt. He was on sideline did not seem to be any injury?
I tuned into the Prep's "radio" broadcast in the 3rd quarter and must have misunderstood what they said about Sidwar. I thought they said it looked like he wasn't getting back into the game, but I must have inserted the "back" myself. (The sound quality was terrible; often there were several voices talking, none distinctly.)

So what's the story with Sidwar? He completed 12 of 13 passes last week against Judge. LaSalle's offense didn't do so much against stronger defenses--the score against Roman suggesting a closer game than it was.

I tuned into the Prep's "radio" broadcast in the 3rd quarter and must have misunderstood what they said about Sidwar. I thought they said it looked like he wasn't getting back into the game, but I must have inserted the "back" myself. (The sound quality was terrible; often there were several voices talking, none distinctly.)

So what's the story with Sidwar? He completed 12 of 13 passes last week against Judge. LaSalle's offense didn't do so much against stronger defenses--the score against Roman suggesting a closer game than it was.
Suffered a concussion on the first drive. 10 hit him hard on a pass he threw away and his head bounced off the turf. He hid it from staff for the remainder of the quarter but they realized he wasn’t right and rightly pulled him.

Suffered a concussion on the first drive. 10 hit him hard on a pass he threw away and his head bounced off the turf. He hid it from staff for the remainder of the quarter but they realized he wasn’t right and rightly pulled him.
So I guess I heard right. Hope he's OK soon. He's had some bad luck against SJP.

Will Steinmetz stay on for a few more years? Of course they’ve had great teams, but they can’t seem to get past SJP in the playoffs (no easy task). Is the administrative support in place to compete with SJP? If so, they are obviously the most logical challenge to SJP’s supremacy in the East.

Will Steinmetz stay on for a few more years? Of course they’ve had great teams, but they can’t seem to get past SJP in the playoffs (no easy task). Is the administrative support in place to compete with SJP? If so, they are obviously the most logical challenge to SJP’s supremacy in the East.
From what I've seen, LaSalle has regressed in the last several years, and Roman has surpassed them as the clear #2 team in the PCL Red. They also seem to have lost to some players (e.g., McFadden) to other schools. Not sure why.

I’ve noticed the same Tulla. Also, I believe almost the entire offensive staff left after last season. If it is true that their stud QB is unhappy, that’s another bad sign. I’m not close to the program whatsoever; I’m curious if any LaSalle followers have a take on all of this.

Steinmetz has been there since Gordon left. His defensive systems were as good as Gordon’s offensive schemes back then. But even his defenses have fallen off in recent years.

I’ve noticed the same Tulla. Also, I believe almost the entire offensive staff left after last season. If it is true that their stud QB is unhappy, that’s another bad sign. I’m not close to the program whatsoever; I’m curious if any LaSalle followers have a take on all of this.
I’m familiar with LS and close with some parents of players. There are plenty of players that are unhappy but few can transfer to better their situations. Plus, the transfer rules make it unappealing for Sidwar to leave too. But that family would move their son if it was best for him.

There are cracks in the culture. Lots of coaching departures. Steinmetz doesn’t connect well with the players. Doesn’t even engage with many of them. There are parents that believe he doesn’t know all his players names.

They fired their OC last year after one year but he was so terrible he basically caused the other offensive coaches to leave for other schools.

There are a lot of folks in and outside the school that would like to see a change.

Is a change likely this offseason?
I’ve heard that Brett Gordon met with admin and asked for an opportunity to lead the program. Many in the school were for it, but one guy said no.

Now Gordon is exploring his options with his son including the Prep.

That’s another example of how LS gets in it’s own way.

The program is on a serious decline and they are willing to ride it down.

I’ve heard Steinmetz wants two more years.

Hence why kids/parents aren’t happy.

I didn’t realize Gordon’s son is about to start HS. Is he in 8th grade?

I didn’t realize Gordon’s son is about to start HS. Is he in 8th grade?
Yes. Will be a big stain on LaSalle admin if he goes elsewhere as he is very respected in football circles.

That sheds enough light on the internal issues if BG doesn’t send his kid to LS.

Reactions: lilromeo
I would be all in for Brett Gordan to take over as HC.He learned so much from coaching with his Father.
Absolutely. Won a state title as OC at TEP. Would do a better job leading that program in every capacity. Would bring energy and enthusiasm. Can connect with kids the high school age. It’s a no brainer.

The next month will be interesting.

I can’t say I’m shocked. I assume Gordon will bring a lot of the old staff back. I’m sure he will call the offense; the big question will be who coordinates the defense for him with Steinmetz out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT