ADVERTISEMENT

Just when you thought Penns offense could'nt .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demodick

Jun 2, 2002
Get more simplified

They now run
Wedge. 6 times a game

Offensive genius at work
WOW

All that talent going to waste
Pennsbury has 4 of the best rb on 1 team

Now 2 of them don't see field

Wedge!!
Lmao

Long pass in the 2nd quarter was clearly an interception. All of the refs out of position to make the call.

Don't know what the UD coach was thinking with 3 straight incomplete passes to hand the ball back to Pennsbury just before half.
This post was edited on 11/21 7:55 PM by reluctant_to_comment

Upper Dublin 14-13 over Pennsbury at the half

Upper Dublin comes up with a huge stop at their 2 yard line to preserve their lead going into halftime.

He runs clock out on 5!!!!!!

He has to be mentally challenged

Watching with all Pennsbury alum

We called it with 1:53 left!!!
Pennsbury wins in spite of there coach

Too funny

I don't like Snyder or Pennsbury, but here's how they get out of the night with a victory. Hand it to Snorweah the rest of the game. Put him in the I and let him run. The only person to stop him this season has been Snyder.

PS - Pennsbury is offsides on every kickoff. Just sayin!
This post was edited on 11/21 8:20 PM by reluctant_to_comment

Are you two guys idiots? Why not hand it off to chuck every time? He's only the best running back in the state. No one likes to hear you two bitch about pennsbury. They are clearly doing something right since they are in the district finals. Regardless of the outcome next week it's been one heck of season. Enjoy being negative to each other. Hopefully that's all you two do to each other. See ya next week.

Penns has as much talent as Cotesville
Difference is
Cotesville has it on field
Pennsbury as there talent standing on sideline

Played no one? Not following. Are you suggesting that pennsbury has better players on their bench? I find that hard to believe. Sorry. I'm not buying that. If the current players on the field have taken them to the district finals are you saying their bench players can take them farther? Let's be realistic. Just cause you got some thing against the coaches no one really wants to hear about it on here. Complain to your wife or someone who cares.

Eventually PSB will come across a team where giving it to Snorweah (Who's very good) 45 times won't work. Need a little balance to get to Hershey. The play-calling at the end of the half boggled my mind. Hey, I can live with giving it to Snorweah because he is your best option, but what about a couple of passes on 1st & 2nd down to maximize your chances with so little time left?

Stick to what got you there. Yes they didnt score 63 but they maulled UD's line, especially in the 4th. Chuck barely had to make a move, he was gliding right through the holes the line gave. If giving him the ball 40 times a game will get u a win, then those other backs better find a new position. Hats off to Galen and the Falcons

Huck - I agree, balance wins at this time of the year or even a little balance. Alley can throw it around enough to create it. I was amazed in last years playoff between PB vs NP and this year PB vs NP... The coach just could not resist beating himself, play calling was just awful!

Agreed Huck, PSB will stick with what got them there until it doesn't get them anywhere. Then, they'll all look around at eachother in wonder.

Teams without balance or teams who refuse to admit the forward pass is legal are just fodder for the big boys.

And just to be clear, but I'm not suggesting that Pennsbury needs to have a 60-40 run-to-pass breakdown. I get that they like to line up and say here we come. I get that it works for them most of the time. I'm just saying that strictly playing this way can only take you so far. I doubt a system like that can work against SJP (if either gets there).

Also, it's not really about the QB being able to throw. The previous kid could throw and left because his skill set want being utilized enough. Yes, the QB can throw a football. Not the issue. It's about the HC not even giving the passing game a second thought. Spending very little time on even thinking about developing a functional passing game throughout the season; either via practice or implementing it into games. It's about the 3-4 pass plays do they pull out being easily defended due to the elementary level of the play.

BucksFBall maybe I didn't make my point clear ...

"here's how they get out of the night with a victory. Hand it to Snorweah the rest of the game."

That was to meant as here is what to do the rest of THIS game to win.

Snorweah was untouched heading through the hole as others pointed out. When he was touched he usually steamrolled the guy. Snyder was too interested in mixing it up with his backs. That little reverse between the tackles at key points in the game is over. NP and Neshaminy both blew it up. What do you think SJP will do to it? At this point in the season players just want to win. They'll put up with their feelings being hurt and handing it to Snorweah as long as they advance.

At some point Pennsbury will run into someone just as big on the line just as Neshaminy did last season and then they'll have to throw the ball a little bit. I think #12 will hurt them when that time comes. He throws it up for grabs at times or holds onto it too long other times and that will get you past the bottom half of the bracket.

PS - Snorweah moved to within 900 yards of Pollard's totals last season. He's having a banner year!

This post was edited on 11/22 11:07 AM by reluctant_to_comment

Burr, please tell me when you evaluated the former PB Q ,Clark, up close to say "he could throw the ball."

Could Clark throw the ball, yes he could. But, "pass" the ball no he was not a capable passer. Clark was super athletic; however, he was not a polished passer, poor mechanics, and his eyes would never be down-field. Instead his eyes would be on the d-linemen. Now, were these attributes, or lack of attributes a result of not being trained enough to execute, coupled with his o-linemen not being experienced enough to effectively set-up in pass pro the reason for these set of circumstances? More than likely it was a combination of both. That said, Alley has better mechanics, footwork, and sees the field much better than Clark to this day.

The numbers comparison is pretty similar

POLLARD 2013
15 games (13-2)
326 carries
2,928 yards
39 touchdowns

21.7 carries per game
8.98 yards per carry
195.2 yards per game
2.6 touchdowns per game
TD every 8.36 carries

SNORWEAH 2014
13 games (12-1)
257 carries
2,411 yards
36 touchdowns

19.8 carries per game
185.5 yards per game
9.38 yards per carry
2.8 touchdowns per game
TD every 7.14 carries

Pattan, first-hand information from an impeccable source. We'll leave it at that.

I really get a kick out of these Pennsbury fans and how defensive they get with the obvious.

@ reluct...omment "I don't like Snyder or Pennsbury," REALLY??? I mean, I'm assuming you know Coach Snyder personally and don't like him, or don't agree with his coaching style, game plan, or strategy, but you don't like Pennsbury??? Just curious, but the whole football team or the entire school district?

@ All of these Pennsbury Falcon and/or Galen Snyder haters:

Relax.

Relax.

Relax.

Even if they are able to get past a good #1 seeded, 13 - 0 Coatesville team, that's where their run will most definitely end. With all of the balance and imagination in the world on offense, they can't beat the best team on the eastern side of the state that money can buy, (or free or reduced tuition I should say). The Tri-state area all-star team. The team that knows no borders/boundaries, and that recruits even better than LaSalle or Wood. "The PREP." I know, silly me, it must be the coaching, LOL!!!

Ah I should say I don't like what I hear of Snyder or PHS football then, since I have family/friends in the district.

Just heard too many things that Snyder lets go on with his players that I don't approve of and won't mention here.

Doesn't he have the second most boys in D1 walking the halls of those two combined high schools? (It's too bad CB didn't think of that) It shouldn't be 8 years between deep playoff runs for PHS with those numbers and that great coach!

We can agree on the All-Star teams you mention .... but remember, "they're not recruiting". It just so happened that last year's 4A State Championship game had 3-4 former NFL player's kids in it and about 10-12 D1 recruits.

This post was edited on 11/22 8:43 PM by reluctant_to_comment

To get a kid from Trenton or #12, they have to jump through hoops, formal hearings, etc. And yeah there is Troy Vincent, and that was ummm 27 years ago? SJP and the rest of them, just simply say show me the $ (or we'll just give you a free ride) and they then target specific kids, fill any holes on their team from graduation, and have a team made up from multiple counties and states. That sounds about even to me. Hahahahaha.

You start your post off calling me an
Idiot
Then end it by implying I mite be doing gay shenanigans
But I'm negative
Little hypocritical (google that if you need to)

So taking your advice. I tried talking to wife about
It. She agreed with you!
So. Congrats you have same thought process as
A women

Think I mite have to play Pennsbury offense here
And really dumb it down for ya

Although nice Snorweah runs ball
The reason you can't give him ball
EVERY PLAY
Is he will get TIRED
There. Is that simple enough for you?!?

Just imagine if N Penn was on Penns
Side of Bracket
Would have been 1 and Done
Pb got little lucky with playoff opponents
Good teams would have exposed all these
Idiotic game time desicions.
And they are idiotic

Run clock out at the FING 5 yard line!!

That is coaching
Funny part is. We knew it was coming

Pennsbury wins In SPITE of there coach
And all the Alumni know it

Talent is there to beat Coatsville
Let's see what happens

Oh yeah
Pennsbury also has enough Talent for Prep
But does anyone think the have a remote chance
To win

Haha... What postion or positions are the more talented kids not playing??

When they go with the I formation, they put their best blocking back in front of Snorweah. I don't see any problems with the offensive backfield if they are running out of that formation. I'm sure if they switch back up to the Wing T you will see the other guys.

A few points and a question for Mr. O'Brien

- Any accusations and evaluations made by anonymous posters with obvious agendas repeating the same criticisms week after week can't be taken seriously. However, malicious and false accusations and innuendos should not be tolerated.

- The young men of Pennsbury Football deserve respect and positive postings about what they have accomplished. This is high school football, not war where there are enemies to be destroyed. The community deserves to enjoy their success and not be clouded by mean-spirited agendas.

- So you didn't like a call? Get over it. They won. You personally don't like the coach?
Can't argue with success. His teams have more wins than any coach in Pennsbury history and his winning percentage is the same as the respected Chuck Kane - 71%. So far, his teams have won 4 League Championships and a District Title. Coach Kane's teams won 6 League titles.

- As far as all the students walking the halls and all the talent, there is talent but another poster nailed it when he talked about very good talent and exceptional talent. From my recollection, very few graduates have ever made it to the pros in football. Young Snorweagh borders on "exceptional" talent. He has many talented players around him, and they are playing up to their potential which is a tribute to the coaching staff.

- There are just as many talented basketball players walking the halls, but very few have been "exceptional". And the basketball team has never won a District or State Championship.

- It is no one's "fault". There are too many factors and variables. Enjoy the journey and stop disrespecting.

- About Trenton residents moving into Pennsbury? What parent wouldn't want to move to a trailer park or apartment or rent/buy a house to get their kid out of Trenton? (No disrespect toward Trenton) Sports are a secondary benefit for some. How many have made an exceptional impact on any Pennsbury athletic program?

Who am I? I am actually an alum and a member of the 2006 District Championship team. I know and played for Coach Snyder and have the highest respect for him, his family, and his program. Anyone who makes snide insinuations and accusations is patently and absolutely WRONG.

Mr. O'Brien - Have you not seen and heard enough from some of the posters who rail against Coach Snyder and make malicious accusations about him and his program? Personal agendas are not supposed to be tolerated on here.

Re: A few points and a question for Mr. O'Brien

Anybody I've ever talked to from that squad has said otherwise...but regardless, you know winning percentages don't mean anything if you can't produce in the postseason. IMO the result of the game this weekend will be critical on whether or not you can deem the current staff successful or underachieving.

This post was edited on 11/24 11:25 AM by PAFootballNinja

What?
Your the papreps message board nazi?

We can only have opinions that you approve of?

What's next I have to go home and burn my copy of
"Tubby The story of coach Raymond and. Championship football
At Delaware "

Or is that on the official reading list of papreps

We are all different son

Get over it

Sorry if your feelings were hurt

Ed Rendell was right!

Demo- Been reading these blogs for entertainment for a while now son and it would be appreciated by many if you keep your comments directed to supporting your team of choice and saving your personal attacks for your friends while enjoying a drink.Football is one hell of a great topic to discuss but your personal agenda is bringing a negative response to this site. An old timer like myself really enjoys the camaraderie of the x's and o's and the thrill of discussion of football. We all have opinions and that's all they are, whether they are right or wrong doesn't matter in the big picture. Stop throwing stones, as they say, and enjoy the sport. I'm guessing you have a horse in the race, but at the end of the day the kids playing ball this time of year and the coaches that are coaching them are working hard and that's all that really matters, and we are lucky enough to enjoy some of this. I played ball once upon a time and will never forget the feeling of being an athlete and how fleeting it is, and also how much time, effort and dedication that it requires. No matter what the level you are playing, it is always meaningful. Sometimes people forget what it takes to play year around and to coach year around and the dedication required. Root for your team, and fight like hell when they get beat. But if it's not your team in the race, and you obviously have a personal hatred, save it for your buddies over a drink. I know a lot of us guys are tired of this thread and many others that appear every Friday bashing teams for personal agendas. We want to read about and discuss what these kids are accomplishing and achieving and how tough they played and what they had to persevere to get there. Who played hurt, or made an incredible play. Just saying we are tired of the crap and could we talk ball and the good things that the kids and teams are doing instead of all the bad things the teams, coaches, and kids are doing. I think the long time posters and old timers like myself need to speak up and let the youth (guessing by posts) know on this board that we are only on here to enjoy the sport of football and not to destroy it.

Thanks, Oldtimer. I'm one and with you, too. Don't post very often, but I know how hard kids and coaches work. They love what they are doing and try their best. Let's show them some respect and discuss without belittling and insults.

There are rules to this board game we play. All games have rules to insure fair play. It would behoove some posters to click on the heading marked Rules on the opening page. I'll make it easy for them and include them here:

Message Board Rules

1. Do not post unsubstantiated rumors about players, coaches, etc. If you have a link to a news story, that is one thing. But if you have heard something 'from a friend of a friend,' this is not the website to post innuendo and rumor. Those posts will be removed.
1. 2. No repetitive negative posting. What makes a repetitive post? If you come to the forum and consistently say the exact same thing about the exact same topic day in and day out, that is being repetitive. Be sure to understand that no one is saying that you can not be critical. But this site will not be overrun by the same people coming on the site day after day saying the same negative things.2. 3. No flaming: If a poster come onto the board with the intent only to flame, and continues to post nothing but flames or engages in no substantive discussion, the poster's posts will be deleted and the poster will be banned at the monitor's discretion.3. 4. No attacks on players or coaches. Criticism is allowed, and encouraged if the shoe fits. But that does NOT mean you have free range to bash or alienate a player or coach with your comments. If you disagree with how they played or the effort they put forward, please voice your opinion and state why you hold that opinion. If it's something you would not say to their faces, then don't post it.

Wood and Aces

I have read your posts
Being as I HATE typing
(I could be out kicking dogs and
Stealing kids lollipops)
And would rather be doing something
Constructive
I'll make it short

All I get out of your posts is

"If you don't play by our rules I'm taking my
Ball and going home!!"

We are different people with different outlooks
On football

I m willing to overlook your closed minded
Approach to message boards and free thinkin
Because you just don't have as much football
Experience and knowledge as I do.

I. Mite be mistaken but
No. I'm not

Wood
I have been on these boards. Longer then but a few
Relayer. Is the. Only one I know of
Been on papreps since 2000
I think
So old timer mite be me

My point is
If we can only offer 1or 2 or 3 opinions
These boards would suck!

Back to football
I try not to mention specific kids
Because the are just that KIDS

So I understand that

But
To be offended like youse guys get
About my Snyder analogies
Leaves me and the vast majority if
Penns alum. As well as Se PA football
Fans laughing

There is WAY more talent at Pennsbury
Then results indicate
Pennsbury should be mentioned
In same breath as N Penn
What is different

Youse guys are right about how hard they
Work and how much they care
These kids
What is it 350 kids playing middle school
Football at PB?

These kids don't work as hard as the others
Do not put out effort ?
To Me no kid should be playing on this team
Offense and defense on game day

Maybe Charles,maybe
But he needs rest

If I wanted to be specific with kids
Not seeing field
But deserve too I could

But Just by naming them
Too many guys would get their panties in a bunch

And we don't want that!

Guess it wasn't short

If you don't like my difference of opinion
Don't read
Anything I post
Or

"Take your ball home and tell mommy
I'm mean and you don't like me
Anymore"

Too bad the lines don't rhyme because it sure does look like it is written in some sort of poetry format!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT