ADVERTISEMENT

John Reid to the Texans with the 141st pick

Pine Richlands Ben Dinucci was drafted by the cowboys in the 7th round, and RB Connor slomka was signed by the jaguars as a UDFA. I also read Benny walls will sign as FA. All played in ‘14 state championship together.

Reactions: new2pa
Much higher than many thought. A little ironic that Bill O'Brien drafted him. Back in 2013 at PSU O'Brien was actively recruiting Reid and attended the Prep win over PCC at Hershey. This article has some good stuff in it.

http://www.statecollege.com/news/co...t-frost-nascar-and-blink-have-to-say,1427446/
Much higher than many thought. A little ironic that Bill O'Brien drafted him. Back in 2013 at PSU O'Brien was actively recruiting Reid and attended the Prep win over PCC at Hershey. This article has some good stuff in it.

http://www.statecollege.com/news/co...t-frost-nascar-and-blink-have-to-say,1427446/
I think his production at the combine, his smarts and game film preparation got him selected higher than anticipated. I thought that far and away he was most in control than any of the other DB's at the combine. He keeps his feet and has excellent hand, eye coordination. I think he's going to end up being a coach on the field as well. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets into a high level coaching position after his playing days are over. Hopefully his injury riddled days of the past are behind him.

Nice post Relayer

I think his production at the combine, his smarts and game film preparation got him selected higher than anticipated. I thought that far and away he was most in control than any of the other DB's at the combine. He keeps his feet and has excellent hand, eye coordination. I think he's going to end up being a coach on the field as well. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets into a high level coaching position after his playing days are over. Hopefully his injury riddled days of the past are behind him.

Nice post Relayer
Kitwor, Your comment about Reid's injuries made me think of Swift. My guess is that one reason he wasn't selected in the first round was that he's missed some games in each of the last four years he's played (last year at SJP and three years at UGA) because of injuries. It's not that he's fragile--anything but--but his willingness to run over people or through people may have made some wonder how likely he is to stay largely injury-free for several years--something you really want in a first round pick. I love to watch the guy play and suspect that not being picked in the first round will make him even more determined to achieve his goals.

Reid signs with the Texans.

Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle reports that they have agreed to terms with fourth-round cornerback John Reid. It’s the standard four-year rookie deal worth $3.789 million.

Reid was the 141st overall pick in April after wrapping up his time at Penn State. He had 37 tackles, 2.5 tackles for loss, two interceptions, an interception return for a touchdown and a sack during his final season with the Nittany Lions.

Reid goes to the Seahawks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT