ADVERTISEMENT

INTER-AC

Dec 4, 2015
UPDATE:
How were those PIAA first round playoff games? zzzzzzzzzz........

The Inter-Ac was in its 4th week of league play and it was wild. A topsy-turvy season where last place teams topple first place teams and potential champions. Happens all the time in the Ches-Mont, SOL, PAC, Central, and PCL, right?

Only one outfit, Malvern Prep, will finish with a losing record. BRUTAL slate they had to contend with and need to be acknowledged for playing it. They got punched out by THE Haverford School (gods would like a clarification if in Montco or Delco) this past week. Been awhile since the Friars lost two league games in a year. Dave, are you losing the grip? They finish up this week with SCH, who has provided the Fords their only Inter-Ac L in the opener.

SCH had a tough luck year as the Blue Devils forked HS but lost back to back heartbreakers to Episcopal and GA. EA beat them with a last minute 2 pt conversion and GA stormed back after being behind 21-0. They looked like the lost their mojo vs Penn Charter this week and are limping to the finish line. WR is league MVP no matter what the final vote is, electricity every time ball is in his hands. Foxy Knoxy will have a serious drop off next year.

PC had a great start but lost first 3 league tilts to EA, Malvern and HS. The EA loss was on a last minute TD toss and the MP L was a 49-44 shootout when they got to the Friar 30 late with a chance to take the lead. They get a surging GA team in the 133rd rendition of the longest consecutive high school rivalry in the country for the capper. Coyle is a helluva schemer and has a great staff.

GA is like a Big 12 team that scores and surrenders points in bunches. Riding a ton of momentum, they beat the 8-0 Churchmen 56-55 in OT. That certainly raised a bunch of eyebrows, or at least, it should have. The game vs PC should be a doozie. Hey Matt, you may want to work on defense--you gave up 93 points in your last 2 games and somehow, still won both.

Episcopal has had a storybook, under the radar year. Knocking off Northeast, DE power Salesianum and notching 3 Inter-Ac Ws in dramatic, last minute fashion, they were 8-0 until Saturday and the L to GA. They can still win the outright league crown by beating Haverford on Saturday. Todd, focus on that game as opposed to calls/plays that did not go your way. You guys were playing with matches in the forest all year.

Haverford also played a tough sked. They opened with Northeast and were handling LaSalle until 27 started playing a level above everyone else. They are a physical, mauling bunch on Lancaster Ave. Amazing that they dropped their league opener at SCH, yet can win it all by beating EA Saturday. Hey Murph, did ya send the Patriots a thank you note?

All the blather about the "playoff leagues" and 15 game state playoff seasons "about the kids" makes us chuckle. Please share with us how that is better......(insert crickets chirping here)......

UPDATE:

The Inter-Ac was in its 4th week of league play and it was wild. A topsy-turvy season where last place teams topple first place teams and potential champions. Happens all the time in the Ches-Mont, SOL, PAC, Central, and PCL, right?

Only one outfit, Malvern Prep, will finish with a losing record. BRUTAL slate they had to contend with and need to be acknowledged for playing it. They got punched out by THE Haverford School (gods would like a clarification if in Montco or Delco) this past week. Been awhile since the Friars lost two league games in a year. Dave, are you losing the grip? They finish up this week with SCH, who has provided the Fords their only Inter-Ac L in the opener.

SCH had a tough luck year as the Blue Devils forked HS but lost back to back heartbreakers to Episcopal and GA. EA beat them with a last minute 2 pt conversion and GA stormed back after being behind 21-0. They looked like the lost their mojo vs Penn Charter this week and are limping to the finish line. WR is league MVP no matter what the final vote is, electricity every time ball is in his hands. Foxy Knoxy will have a serious drop off next year.

PC had a great start but lost first 3 league tilts to EA, Malvern and HS. The EA loss was on a last minute TD toss and the MP L was a 49-44 shootout when they got to the Friar 30 late with a chance to take the lead. They get a surging GA team in the 133rd rendition of the longest consecutive high school rivalry in the country for the capper. Coyle is a helluva schemer and has a great staff.

GA is like a Big 12 team that scores and surrenders points in bunches. Riding a ton of momentum, they beat the 8-0 Churchmen 56-55 in OT. That certainly raised a bunch of eyebrows, or at least, it should have. The game vs PC should be a doozie. Hey Matt, you may want to work on defense--you gave up 93 points in your last 2 games and somehow, still won both.

Episcopal has had a storybook, under the radar year. Knocking off Northeast, DE power Salesianum and notching 3 Inter-Ac Ws in dramatic, last minute fashion, they were 8-0 until Saturday and the L to GA. They can still win the outright league crown by beating Haverford on Saturday. Todd, focus on that game as opposed to calls/plays that did not go your way. You guys were playing with matches in the forest all year.

Haverford also played a tough sked. They opened with Northeast and were handling LaSalle until 27 started playing a level above everyone else. They are a physical, mauling bunch on Lancaster Ave. Amazing that they dropped their league opener at SCH, yet can win it all by beating EA Saturday. Hey Murph, did ya send the Patriots a thank you note?

All the blather about the "playoff leagues" and 15 game state playoff seasons "about the kids" makes us chuckle. Please share with us how that is better......(insert crickets chirping here)......

Hahahahahaha - although your post is relatively funny, I’m not quite sure what your angle is ....
If I’m reading correctly your trying to boast about how much better the inter ac is and that the inter ac is where the real football at the hs level is being played ... that’s funny !!
I will agree that the inter ac is VERY strong this year , no doubt about that but to come on here and try and type about how it is the end all / be all of hs FB is histerical...
Here’s a news flash to you - NO ONE CARES !!
The only people who care about the inter ac are ones involved in the inter ac and those are the ones that are at the Sat afternoon lawn feats every weekend that you guys pass off as a hs fb “atmosphere” that consists of 950 parents and family from both sides who spend $30 grand a pop to watch there sons “friends” play ball , knowing that the parents of the kid running up and down the field are a few rows down paying maybe $ 5 grand ... lol
Like I said , the league is awesome this year but let’s slow down with your “it’s hs footballs Mecca”..

Next - I see you name all the coaches by 1st name but I’m going to strongly doubt you know them on a personal level because if you did you would know that most of those guys and their current staffs grew up very “blue collar” and are NOT inter ac guys !! I bring that up only because if you gathered there opinions they would be the 1st to tell you how it is at those schools and who is playing for them ... in other words they are good because they have really good players and a lot of them !! They will also tell you that it is much much easier to coach where they are than a regular hs... most of those schools have a average of 50-60 players where out of those 50-60 , 40-45 of them are above average hs players !!! At your normal hs that has 50-60 players , they may have MAYBE 12-18 of those type players and that’s at a high end normal school program !!! So you do the math ...
I also know that a lot of the guys that are in this league would love to be competing on Friday nights for what you call the playoffs that nobody cares about ... lol
But they have really good jobs at really good schools that pay really well and wellllll , that’s what’s better for them and there families !!!

That being said take a ride over to Downingtown or doylestown or Kennett or WC east or even academy park this Friday and watch your local public
hs and watch the kids playing for there community schools in front of 4-6 thousand people from there communitys in pursuit of championship that every other hs is chasing (not just six teams) and tell me what “real” hs football looks like again ...

Two completely different animals here and I have the utmost respect for the inter ac but I also have the same amount of respect for the above mentioned “fake hs programs” as you put it ... both are great , even if you have your blinders on about the realities of both !!!

UPDATE:

You are forgetting the handful of 5th year seniors who are basically grown men getting ready and preparring for 3-4 years of trying to be a starter early in college ball: comes with another year of “prep football” in the inter-ac. Or teams like The Hun School, Peddy, etc. I honestly can’t stand this post and how delusional you are. High School football is about community, family football, and to dream of making a run at league, district, and state titles. The Haverford coach is a Quakertown guy and a damned hard working mentality guy too as the above poster stated about blue collar...but as for you make sure you bring your leather gloves and brandy to the million dollar pound ball fields. **** outta here... That atmosphere makes me want to puke. Developing kids in public areas is what makes public football so great. A way out for so many because of public PIAA FOOTBALL.
By the way you are only referring to high school pubi. ball in PA... go down south to georgia, florida, or texas... and those public league schools would shit on these boys.

Last edited:
I can't speak for all the coaches in the area but I can say the inter-coaches, to a man, would prefer this thread never happened.
It's embarrassing!

Geeeez, relax everyone. I seen all kinds of posts here, but you guys need to hold back on the insults. Looks to me like you took the bait hard. If you are from the metro philly area the inter ac is a cool league, cool teams, fun games. Much respect. Coaches do seem to be hard working guys, teams are prepared they get a lot out of the kids they have. And they don't seem to bother anybody. I'll take the post as trying to get a rise outta ya'll rather than spit facts. Not sure anyone with their right mind thinks those teams can compete with the likes of the Prep or Coatesville. But we know now you guys who responded are both complete whackjobs. And now I remember with that rhetoric how we got D12 in the PIAA.

Inter Ac is a legitimate league in all sports. They can definitely compete against any District 1 team and all the Catholic except for 1. Hands down. I've seen both. Extremely good football. Not sure what defenses have been doing lately but credit the talent on the offensive side of the ball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT