ADVERTISEMENT

Inquirer All-Southeastern PA selections

not_a_fan

May 7, 2011
When do these typically come out?

Two quick things to point out-
1. Who are going to be the 1st team running backs for this year? Tough decision b/c there are some good ones. If they usually take 2 or 3, how do you choose between Snorweah, Adams, McClenton, Bullock, Simmons (Bristol), Raynor, Loper, Unangst, Thearat (FJ)?

2. How do you pick defensive guys when there is so little "D" being played? Sometimes stats are inflated so tackles, sacks, etc. get overrated b/c teams are on the field so much.

Will be released after state finals. Last years was published December 22

It featured four first team running backs and two first team all purposes players

http://mobile.philly.com/blogs/?wss=/philly/blogs&id=236906522

It would be nice to see these publications get tough and actually include just 11 on offense and defense. Four running backs and 16 total players on the first team offense is overkill, especially is one is going to list 4 total teams.

Originally posted by Relayer:
It would be nice to see these publications get tough and actually include just 11 on offense and defense. Four running backs and 16 total players on the first team offense is overkill, especially is one is going to list 4 total teams.
LOL. You should see PA Field Hockey All State teams and 16 won't seem so outrageous. There were 39 kids on last year's Class AAA All State FIRST TEAM alone (and 25 on Class AA). I think only 11 start.

Originally posted by Relayer:
Not when you have 135 teams to cover.

Thanks PAB, I couldn't remember if they came out before the season ended or after. Four running backs might be pushing it but if I had to choose I'd take Snorweah, Adams, McClenton, and Loper. (Disclaimer: I live in ChesCo and have seen Loper on many occasions the past 2 years so I'm a little biased Ches-Mont football)

Anybody know where Loper is going to college? I haven't heard where he's being recruited. McClenton is going to be a steal at Nova-he reminds me of Peoples from SJP. Snorweah may be the fastest RB this area has seen since Kevin Jones. Adams looks like he has LB/SS written all over him if ND wants to use him on D-the kid is a stud. I think he is going to end up being around 230-235 lbs. and if he can just stay healthy, he's a pro in four years.

Congrats on greats seasons by all these guys and more. I hope we get some good Eastern PA representation in the Big 33 this year.

Not A Fan

Loper has offers from Buffalo, Duquense and Momouth. His Mom Chandra was a year before me at Shanahan. Good people. Best of luck to him.

Thanks Chesmont1. I'm surprised that Temple hasn't offered since they missed on Snorweah and Adams. I think Loper is big & fast enough to be a good back at that level. Wish him the best!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT