ADVERTISEMENT

Imhotep

what happened to TEP?
Who calls the plays for them?
The same thing that happens every year !!
They play no one all year in a awful league and blow them out , they have a close game with a wayyyyy overmatched ohara team and than they go get there doors blown off by a well coached Erie prep team !!
What’s the big mystery here ???

They play no one all year in a awful league and blow them out , they have a close game with a wayyyyy overmatched ohara team and than they go get there doors blown off by a well coached Erie prep team !!
Agreed Bulldog with ECP not only being well coached, but a heck of a solid team that really grew up over the year. ICS needs to schedule 1 or 2 of the great teams they play at the top of the season throughout the schedule. Conference games or not, other teams do it.

Well said by 72Bulldog--assuming 72 is from arguably the greatest football team to ever suit up in Delco--St James; Tep was terrible; out schemed, out coached, outplayed....the usual. 300 lds across on the OL and could not make a play.

Reactions: lilromeo
It’s kind of funny bc I seen multiple posts on social media, by COACHES, not players, talking trash prior to the game.

I was being sarcastic lol

At TEP the HC designs and calls all the plays.
Talent usually trumps discipline. If discipline were King, then the service academies would dominate.
They don't!

Tep lost up front. I definitely wouldn’t say they didn’t play anyone. Beat Lasalle, got their asses kicked by Dematha, and should’ve beat St Joes Regional but had a weird Qb rotation that hurt them in my opinion. But they played a good schedule prior to league play. Also beat Bethlehem Catholic.

I would say the biggest issue is the line play and development. And do not overlook ECP. Tep is 1-3 vs them in State Championship games, they are no slouch and get the amount of transfers that people “think” district 12 teams get. I still think Imhotep is a force, and would routinely smack local schools outside of Prep, that’s including the current wood team.

I am a Bethlehem native, and have seen this team in person or on TV the last few years, upfront is where the issue is. Silly to think they won’t reload.

Also something to keep in mind about Imhotep, they should be a 3A program at most. They are playing up. I enjoy and appreciate their story every year. Being a transplant in the Philly area, they are a team I go see, and I can only imagine what they overcome to get that far each year.

SOL#1
Sorry, I should have more precise.
Talent trumps discipline until you run into talent WITH discipline.
Going 11-3 isn't losing and making the Pa State finals is pretty good as well.

This team had talent, little leadership, lack of direction, and played very sloppy most of the year. Discipline is not a bad thing. It just means doing what your supposed to do, where and when your supposed to do it.
Teams with superior talent can get away with poor discipline and still win many, many games.

I'm old school Navy and know discipline all too well. With that, I can't dunk a basketball, run a 4.3 forty or hit a 90 mph fastball. That would take talent.

Reactions: MC1975 and Stalker
CC: they get more D1 players in a year than most high school programs get in a decade. I think most coaches would love to have to "overcome" that.

Reactions: CYOBALL1
Fair enough, but I was told they have no real facilities and deal with a lot of things that most don’t have too outside of football. So for you and CYO, I’m not speaking solely to football. I doubt the coaches there are just football coaches. A situation like that, you have to be more.

To the original point though, they got their ass kicked and lossed for the 3rd straight year. They will be back again, again, and again and good for them. Maybe they’ll win once in a while. But If they played at their correct enrollment, they’d be running away with it every year.

Fair enough, but I was told they have no real facilities and deal with a lot of things that most don’t have too outside of football. So for you and CYO, I’m not speaking solely to football. I doubt the coaches there are just football coaches. A situation like that, you have to be more.

To the original point though, they got their ass kicked and lossed for the 3rd straight year. They will be back again, again, and again and good for them. Maybe they’ll win once in a while. But If they played at their correct enrollment, they’d be running away with it every year.
They didn’t run away with those titles when they were down at their correct enrollment.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT