ADVERTISEMENT

Imhotep v St Haven

RCH13co18

Jun 10, 2015
Philadelphia,PA
Haven’t seen much from Strath Haven this year. Will this be a good match up? I know imhotep was pretty banged up coming out of the d12 title game.

Not sure how good Del Val is, but Tep beat them 31-0. The game is Friday night at Coatesville.

Haven’t seen much from Strath Haven this year. Will this be a good match up? I know imhotep was pretty banged up coming out of the d12 title game.
Strath Haven had trouble with Chester's speed and athleticism but offensively they're the type of team that might challenge Imhotep if they don't stay disciplined. Realistically I think Imhotep is probably 3 scores better... but if SH succeeds in taking the air out of the ball and chewing clock maybe they keep it close. Not sure if Imhotep has played much lately against traditional wing-t. Definitely an intriguing matchup with the contrast in styles.

Strath Haven had trouble with Chester's speed and athleticism but offensively they're the type of team that might challenge Imhotep if they don't stay disciplined. Realistically I think Imhotep is probably 3 scores better... but if SH succeeds in taking the air out of the ball and chewing clock maybe they keep it close. Not sure if Imhotep has played much lately against traditional wing-t. Definitely an intriguing matchup with the contrast in styles.
I thought they still ran that offense. Interesting to see how they prepare for that in a week. Undisciplined teams struggle much against it.

I thought they still ran that offense. Interesting to see how they prepare for that in a week. Undisciplined teams struggle much against it.
Not only are they wing-t, but unlike most wing-t schools they almost never use a wideout. Two TEs and three backs and you have to be disciplined in every gap. Makes for an interesting matchup.

I just saw on Twitter that they played in 2021 with Imhotep winning easily, and that the Imhotep DC is a Strath Haven guy! Guess they have someone who knows how to defend it.

Yes, Haven lost to Tep 36-0 at Ridley in 2021. Clancy has opened up the offense with a passing game along with the usual wing-t. The line is all seniors. Not sure if the can hang. Chester had at least 12 penalties Saturday.

I would set the line on this game at -28. I think Tep runs away with this advancing to yet another state title game. Any idea on what a matchup with Peters township looks like?

I would set the line on this game at -28. I think Tep runs away with this advancing to yet another state title game. Any idea on what a matchup with Peters township looks like?
I don't know about Pine Richland last year, but I'm pretty sure Peters is better than Penn Trafford in 2021

Peters actually beat Penn Trafford during the regular season that year, now Penn Trafford clearly got better as the season went on but Peters this year is light years better than that Peters team

Reactions: Concretechuck
What is Peters like? Not too familiar with them but they've gotta be good to get out of the WPIAL 5A.
I'm pretty sure their coach has "copied the blueprint" of Pine-Richland (or at least what we used to be), crazy similar. Spread offense, but very good QB can run and throw. Tough, athletic line, not huge- but big enough. Very aggressive defense- looks like they "play pass and react run." Yes, they have been just "scratching the top" of WPIAL, and finally broke through. In the WPIAL final, they completed passes to like 8 different kids, very impressive. Oh, and good special teams also- very well coached top to bottom. Defense is lights-out- shows 3-3-5, but adjusts quick, to 4 and 5 front- pretty sure they were doing multiple pre-snap, and "post-snap" adjustments in the WPIAL final.

Reactions: not_a_fan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT