ADVERTISEMENT

Green out

SPEED&JUMP DR.

Jan 3, 2007
Scott Green , associate head coach and offense coordinator is out at Ridley. I know he is only the coordinator, but with all the questions surrounding his hire a few years back , thought this was interesting.

Speed, do you think Ridley will be less a run first team with Green gone, getting back to their historic roots? I follow Cent Pa/West more but try to keep up and follow them. How are you feeling about them this year or is that a ? per new OC. Had a rough finish at 1-4 but you figure a young group should bounce back.

Stalk. Let’s just say it can’t get any worse from a run/pass ratio, but I guess that depends on who they bring in. Problem wasn’t so much the offense as it was “ philosophical differences “. The head coach made his reputation as a defense coach but they gave up over 40 4 times last year - which is probably an all time low.

Stalk. Let’s just say it can’t get any worse from a run/pass ratio, but I guess that depends on who they bring in. Problem wasn’t so much the offense as it was “ philosophical differences “. The head coach made his reputation as a defense coach but they gave up over 40 4 times last year - which is probably an all time low.
Yes they had some issues there. Db was young I believe where they got scorched a few times. Being optimistic, they should improve but it may not be realized in their won-loss per returns/grads of opponents. The school is in my back yard letting you know where I live, and I go to games when can if not in Harrisburg area keeping up with those teams. Hope staff/sideline differences get resolved for the players and alums sake.

Was Wood a welcomed hire or more neutral? Seems like really bad timing to have staff / philosophical differences, as the sport itself has seen a decline as well as the program seeing some families moving out of district. Could they experience a set back, further than most ever expected?

Ridley should have a solid defense next year. The question will be who they hire as oc. Years past they have not had a qb that was capable of running a spread offense. Not sure what the talent at qb looks like moving forward.

Dip : last year might have been the worst defense in 50 years at Ridley . They gave up over 40 points on 4 different occasions and could not stop anyone with any semblance of a power run game. What makes you believe they will be solid next year ?

As for OC , do you think they are looking to get away from the option run and go back to spread ?

What's sad to me is, Ridley has a very good OC in the building, former Ridley OC, but he and they can't agree on him having the job of HC, so here we are.
Ego vs Ego!
So much for "Do it for the kids!" Crap!

I can see both sides, Ridley guys know the story all to well.
Shame!

I’m not saying they will be a top defense but will be solid. They had some young guys on the defensive side especially in the secondary. They got beat up pretty good off the edge and through the air last year. I’m thinking they are going to look for a more dynamic offense. But again it will be tough without a qb. Plus I believe outside garnet the central will be pretty weak next year.

They have a few decent kids in the school district who took their services elsewhere because they didn’t want to hand off 50 times a game. .

What's sad to me is, Ridley has a very good OC in the building, former Ridley OC, but he and they can't agree on him having the job of HC, so here we are.
Ego vs Ego!
So much for "Do it for the kids!" Crap!

I can see both sides, Ridley guys know the story all to well.
Shame!

I get your point but I don't think it's totally fair to say they're not willing to do it for the kids. Staffs spend a ton of time together - it won't work unless you a staff who believes in each other. Is Gionta still on staff?

When administrators and teachers do things that don't support, or help the kids, I get creeped out when they go on strike saying its "For the Children!"
In many schools coaches make little to no money at all for doing their jobs.
Then again, there are teacher/coaches who make full teacher pay for no teaching at all.
Sorry, my school taxes just went up! Ha!
I just wished that either the former OC at Ridley or the administration there could have given in "For the Children" a bit more than either side did.
I'm sure both sides have a valid point in holding to thier positions.
Unfortunately, the football program, meaning the kids, had to suffer the last few years.
I'm afraid it wasn't necessary, just ego driven and harmful.

Rumor has it that Wood interviewed Brian Thompson as a favor to the administration because they asked him to. Wood apparently wanted nothing to do with him because Thompson bad mouthed him all throughout the school. I’m hearing that last years defensive coordinator and former player Mike Ewing is moving to the OC position and Decker’s former defensive coordinator is the front runner for the job. Other moves include getting rid of other hold overs from the past few years.

And they are supposed to go back to the spread offense , even though the new OC has limited spread experience. And Ridley Guy , are you saying Wood spoke to him as a favor to the administration, or the other way around. It was not an interview for the job opening

And they are supposed to go back to the spread offense , even though the new OC has limited spread experience. And Ridley Guy , are you saying Wood spoke to him as a favor to the administration, or the other way around. It was not an interview for the job opening[/QUOTE

heard it was a legitimate interview but they didn’t feel it was a good fit working together.

Rumor has it that Wood interviewed Brian Thompson as a favor to the administration because they asked him to. Wood apparently wanted nothing to do with him because Thompson bad mouthed him all throughout the school. I’m hearing that last years defensive coordinator and former player Mike Ewing is moving to the OC position and Decker’s former defensive coordinator is the front runner for the job. Other moves include getting rid of other hold overs from the past few years.
Ewing has been on the defensive side since he was at academy park. Does he have offense experience. What offense does he run.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT