ADVERTISEMENT

Good grief, Wood will play 7-6 Wyoming Valley West next week

Relayer

Jun 18, 2001
WVW started this season 2-6. Is this what the PIAA wants? Wood will mercy rule their way to Hershey for the umpteenth time. What is the solution? Games are not competitive in certain classes. I can't believe how weak 5A is in the east.

Whitehall looked past WVW to Wood, article in Allentown paper this week citing players and coaches wanting another shot at Wood. Never a good thing. Upsets happen at all levels in football, especially when teams look ahead. I agree Wood has made it look easy in the past however look closer at this year.

1. Wood plays Gratz tomorrow, Gratz is having a nice season and very likely would beat or be very competitive ala Roman against Pennsbury a 6A semi finalist and Neshaminy the 6A D1 number 1 seed. Gratz lost to Coatesville 34-13 not mercy ruled after 2nd offensive play of Q3.

2. Springfield 5A finalist beat 6A finalist Garnet Valley in regular season. Many posters on here posted Springfield can play with Wood this year.

3. Harrisburg, at one time an eastern team, is one of the top teams in the state and who ever represents the east in 5A will have their work cut out for them.

Bottom line is it is one game at a time, and 5A is not as easy as sometimes Wood has made it look by playing at a high level late in the season.

I think the biggest difference in the 6A and 5A paths is D11, Parkland has proven to be very strong and good competition for 6A recently.

There are a lot of changes coming with the reclassification that the PIAA posted today so more chnage is coming.

Reactions: lilromeo
No excuses. WVW ripped up Whitehall. No excuses next week when Wood rips WVW. This loyalty to your local HS is bunk. Citizens pay taxes. School is supposed to be there for the students...not the other way around.

Didn't realize Wood's numbers. Another way to look at it for Wood. With only 351 boys, they do a heck of a job beating other open enrollment teams from PA and other states that are much larger. Beating lasalle with 813 boys and a ton of resources, for last 3 years says a lot about the coaching and programs.

Reactions: lilromeo
Hope you are right Huck. Even if they move up scheduling going to be issue but would alleviate some problems.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT