ADVERTISEMENT

Get ready to lighten up or get out of most stocks later this week.

njfan47

Jan 8, 2009
The stock market has gone up for quite a while without a meaningful correction. Later this week could be a good time to transition out of most stocks and into cash, or even to short positions. This stance still need to be monitored and could change depending on events, but we are in the seasonal time of the year where a pullback could be more likely. It should be less than a 10% pullback, but will seem like a lot more than that, especially because the media will try to pin it on some event tied to Trump. Possibly, Comey's potential upcoming testimony could be the cause, or it could be another event, or just profit taking.

Insane, mal-adjusted liberals on this board will try to pin any decline to Trump, of course; but who really pays any attention to them? Best thing to do there is to sit back and enjoy the amusement that they provide.

I thought this might happen 2-3 months ago and was wrong. I underestimated the power of big Donny. But the advance has gone on for a little too long and it will be healthy for stocks over the longer term if a pullback takes place.

Remember the mantra NJ:
Sell your foreign stock, buy American and trust in the Lord. Served me well over the years.

Otherwise, I don’t think Archimedes who said he could move the Earth with a lever if he had a place to stand could get me to ground where I’d part with household goods Kimberly-Clark, Church and Dwight even Ulta and definitely not Raytheon, Northrup- Grumman and Lockheed Martin, not with Trump in there.

Remember the mantra NJ:
Sell your foreign stock, buy American and trust in the Lord. Served me well over the years.

Otherwise, I don’t think Archimedes who said he could move the Earth with a lever if he had a place to stand could get me to ground where I’d part with household goods Kimberly-Clark, Church and Dwight even Ulta and definitely not Raytheon, Northrup- Grumman and Lockheed Martin, not with Trump in there.
Stalker, you've got some good stocks. Very impressive list and it sounds like you've held them for a while.

You could always sell slightly out-of-the-money calls against your stocks.

Stalker, you've got some good stocks. Very impressive list and it sounds like you've held them for a while.

You could always sell slightly out-of-the-money calls against your stocks.

Been fortunate and maybe good instincts combined with the utter lack of expertise! Do believe if you arm yourself with a modicum but variety of information like Bloomberg Businessweek, The New Yorker (!?), Fortune, Time even Wired as egs, you should get a whiff of the world and improve those instincts.

Yeah, I’ve had them for a while. Wasn’t smart enough to see Amazon coming but started the whole ride back in the day with Fed Ex and let it ride.

About the correction it’ll come at some point but it feels REAL good right now, maybe another year or so. But hey, a drop from 20000 to 16000 is still a fine thing and opportunity.

Been fortunate and maybe good instincts combined with the utter lack of expertise! Do believe if you arm yourself with a modicum but variety of information like Bloomberg Businessweek, The New Yorker (!?), Fortune, Time even Wired as egs, you should get a whiff of the world and improve those instincts.

Yeah, I’ve had them for a while. Wasn’t smart enough to see Amazon coming but started the whole ride back in the day with Fed Ex and let it ride.

About the correction it’ll come at some point but it feels REAL good right now, maybe another year or so. But hey, a drop from 20000 to 16000 is still a fine thing and opportunity.
Do you also read Barrons? It's a very good weekend read.

For how long have you owned FedEx? Sounds like 20+ years? That's great discipline not to have sold during times like 2009 after the Clinton Housing Bubble blew up.

Do you also read Barrons? It's a very good weekend read.

For how long have you owned FedEx? Sounds like 20+ years? That's great discipline not to have sold during times like 2009 after the Clinton Housing Bubble blew up.
No I haven’t read Barrons (thanks) and like I said, I don’t want much more than the instincts that have served well and advice of a cousin at RBC. What has helped is not being burdened with too much theory and maintaining a sense of things; the work place, world, sort of a “what’s hot what’s not” vibe on industry, labor and so forth. Do watch Maria Bartiromo who is much more than easy on the eyes….and programs of that ilk.
About Fed Ex; bought 100 shares back in the 70s for next to nothing. Wish I had more while attending Harrisburg Area Community College before Penn State, but part time jobs at Stroehmanns Bakery and a janitor position sweeping floors at HACC after classes didn’t provide more than gas and beer money. Ha!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT