ADVERTISEMENT

George Washinton High

Yes, gone.

There's another pub coach I'd love to see apply for that job.

What about Keita Krespina? He was d-coordinator there once and is currently one of the defensive masterminds at St. Joes Prep. Think it is worth an interview.

What makes you think he would leave the Prep? He has everything he needs there.

Krespina isn't a teacher in the Philadelphia School District so he isn't eligible for the job correct? Krespina leaving Washington for Prep though was a key to Prep's recruiting success and the recent decline of Washington. I think Skip Singeltary is the next head coach at Washington. If Skip gets the talent that Cohen had a few years back the D12 championship game will be an amazing game every year. By the way Franklin played Prep tough when Reid was healthy.

I think the Prep was up three TD's and about to make it four when Reid was injured shortly before the half.

PA.. Prep is taking kids that would normally attend washington?
I dont think there is a single kid on the prep roster that would be at Washington if not at the prep..

@Pafbfan Cohen had all that talent a few years back because they were recruiting kids from all over the city. Since Imhotep has gotten Albie and other reasons they are not getting kids from differant areas and Washington's talent has gone down pretty much every year. Also if Skip does get the job I don't think he will run his program anything like Cohen did, where the assistants did all the work and they just kept trying to get kids from all over onto the team. I do think Skip is a very good coach and its a shame him and Cohen had such a fallen out because I think he would have helped that program.

I did not say kids who would have gone to the Prep would have gone to Washington. I was referring to the fact that Krespina is a good recruiter of city talent. Him going to Prep hurt Washington and helped Prep. For example D'Andre Swift went to Prep vs LaSalle, he is a NE kid by the way. Skip will do a good job, but Washington kids will have to adjust to a more serious no nonsense coach. If Washington gets talent like they had a few years back look out is all I'm saying.

According to prepfootball.org he did. http://www.prepfootball.org/team-news-too/2013/12/17/swift-decision-pays-off-for-st-joes-prep.html

"Just for the coaches to trust me with everything is a great feeling," Swift said.

Maybe it was just reciprocated faith after his parents Darren and Ayanna sent D'Andre, somewhat against his wishes, to the Prep after meeting with head coach Gabe Infante and assistant coach Keita Crespina.

"I didn't want to go," Swift said. "I wanted to go to La Salle."

The Northeast native said he was more accustomed to the Explorers after going to most of their games and shadowing at the school. He knew very little about the Prep.

"I'm so glad we made that decision now," Swift said. "I just think it was a better fit all around."

Swift Decision Pays Off

Skip Singletary????? Is he the same guy who was a stand out offensive lineman(some All American mention) for Wayne Hardin & Temple in the early '70s?? He was a great player

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT